Underwater Gardens #5

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank the Lord you are all right. Just read the news and first thing I thought of was....Janet. Humberto formed just yesterday morning....very fast moving. The news says your emergency services were hit first. It seems this year there is no place to hide.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shari, keep those pictures coming....am aware that you are working on another project but can't wait that long.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Just seeing the reports on Humberto. Glad you are OK, Janet. Texas has sure had its share of the wet stuff this summer! We'd be glad to take some of it! Keep your powder dry.

Shari, that is a beautiful photo! I didn't know they came spotted, either.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2007 8:18 AM

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Shari,
Thank you so much for continuing the wonderful underwater photo's, its the highlight of my day!

Janet,
Glad to hear you are ok, in TX!

All the best
Cath

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you folks for your continued prayers.

I just posted some photos on the Okay, Humberto Thread in the Texas Forum. Here is a link. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/770710/

Many hugs to everyone!

Love, Janet

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Janet, from the looks of things, its probably a good thing you slept through it! Otherwise you might have been outside trying to save your bananas or something, and you know what they say about fools in the rain....

Let's hope Tx is done getting drenched for a while! Don't want it looking like this:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shari, that is a challenge like looking at clouds. If you study it for a while can find many things. Thank you again for helping with our thirst for under-the-sea. hhmmm gonna have get Chrissy....feel a song comin' on...

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Building on the looking at clouds thing........... does anyone else see the guy with the long forhead and frizzy hair peeking from the bottom right hand of the picture? Has really scarey yellow and white eyes..........

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi - yep, that's why I posted that one...lot's going on. It's fun to get the close-ups, but every once in a while I like the whole kaboodle....

Here is another one, this is off a little spit of an Island we call Little Bustard, it's a fun dive with lots of different types of corals, and a great place for shelling. I like to put beach washed shells in my garden, because the stark white of the shells makes the greens so much richer looking.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

HaHa Ann - I thought he was an Indian in full headdress!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

two thirds up from the bottom.....just past middle to the left....puppy sunning on a rock.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You guys have great imaginations! What fun!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

another fantastic hour with Discovery HD Theatre....Sharks Under Glass.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hopefully we will get that show out here someday!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Got the invite.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Okay...been away from here for waaaay too long. Trying to get ahold of John...my last message from him was that things were crazy there. Not sure what that means, but I guess he is really busy. So, here is a pic of JB's latest dive off an island called Ningi - about 6 islands up the reef from us. It's a very pretty dive, with a special little something I have for John...so here is the first one:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

WOW! That is beautiful Shari! Looks like underwater sedum! :->

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yeah, I like it too! This is the one I wanted John to see....we were talking about Garden Eels a while back. JB sat for a while, quite a distance away and got this shot...if these guys feel anything approaching them they pull into the sand faster than a blink...but they look so odd, just waving in the current, that you think they are a plant!

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

This guy is very unusual for out here. It's a Fantail Stingray. Sorry he's going away from the picture...moves quickly and JB barely got him at all.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

And these are pretty...Pennant Bannerfish:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I reeeeallly like the first one. I agree that is looks like underwater sedum too!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Glad you like. I'll post some more later or tomorrow. Just talked to John....he's way busy, and anxious to get back in the water. Not happenin just yet. Hopefully he'll be back with us soon.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just got home. What a treat. Underthesea.....wooowooowoo.......

Thank youShareeeee. Now we know what you have been doing writing fantastic articles for us. And now, JB is back with his camera. You know ya'll have spoiled us. Got us thinkin' we should have a treat everyday.

Had a good/bad day. Sent my Aunt home by releasing the doves.....very moving. Don't know about the rest of you but seems funerals are about the only places my family really gets together....even more so than weddings. This was not a sad day.....she was 90 and ill....her husband of 95 went on 4 months ago. They were short one week being married 71 years. Now that is a record.

Can't wait for tomorrow for more pictures.....but I will try.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

What a wonderfully gentle send off with the doves....I'm sure she would be pleased.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Ahhhh Christy, You just touched my heart strings sending her off with the doves. How beautiful and peaceful! Very easy to imagine. Thank you for being you! I love ya Sweetie!

Janet

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Shari, thank you once more for the beautiful pics. I really enjoy them a lot.

Thank you for sharing with us Christy, what a wonderful rememberence. ((((christy))))

Love that Bannerfish! Beautiful pics, Shari.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are such sweet, caring people. She was a beautiful woman....very vain and rightfully so. She looked 60 with not a wrinkled on her face or a mark on her hands. Early on my uncle made lots of money and treated her like a queen.....had servants even in the 40's and 50's......does that tell you anything. They came from nothing and were blessed. Had three girls which I am close to. For me life is good tonight.

Christy, it's nice to hear people talking about their older folk so sweetly. We lost my favorite uncle a few years ago at 96 - I was able to talk to him not long before he passed and I felt blessed. Then his younger sister died two years ago at 93. Now my mom is 93 and we know it is just a matter of time - she is the last of her family. That will be the hardest, but we are somewhat prepared and know it will be time for her to rest. Going home is a lovely way to put it.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi - just for you my friend.....

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hard to loose your mother, I know that. But she is in the next life with my dad and that is all that matters. Everyday I think, I'll ask momma, she will know. Ask as many questions as you can possibly think of....time is short.

Not thinking this is bad. Never dreamed I would be 65 years old!!! That is old! Heck no. It is not. Body is failing but my mind is better than ever. My garden has given me new life as has my association with DG. From here you do not see the spots on my hands....they were gained by years on the lake....water skiing.....fishing....teaching the kids to swim/water ski.....hanging clothes on the lines to dry....even had a vegetable garden....mowing the grass, which was the only thing I did that I could see where I had been.

Here I have gone on another tangent. Gardening is so much more than the seed in the ground. It is the love of each other and appreciating everyday that I am still here.

As you can tell.....today has made my heart very tender and I love you all. Sometimes we need to be reminded that life is short. Take advantage of each and every moment.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Shar, we cross posted. Thank you so much. The light is wonderful. Thank JB for me.
Little fishies are just perfect.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

And what a lovely post your's was....a reminder to us all to keep our loved ones close in our hearts and let them know it!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You already know I love you. Wish John could say hello.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I am sure your uncle was waiting for your aunt when she crossed over, what a joyous reunion it must have been. Please everyone, talk to your love ones, they are still with you even though we can't see them! They still love you and still want to be involved in your life....

By the way Christi you could be polka dotted all over and we would still love you. On this forum you are the main cheering section for us all - the wind beneath our wings!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

No one has ever said such a sweet thing.....I may cry a little. Too bad I get so wound up and don't stay OT. This is a gardening forum and I don't know very much about gardening.
I just dig in the dirt......hahahaha

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

if you had a face like this, you could cry...christie, not you!

Thumbnail by caribblue

me too...i don't know f*&j akk about gardening or anything else really.....just living life by the drop....salt water drops i might add...or, maybe not.....

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

There he is!!!! John did you see the Garden Eels? Not a very good picture, but at least we got some! Posted those just for you!

just saw them....good job JB...garden eels are so hard to shoot...must have patience and that is something that i may never achieve...thanks for sharing the pic with us.....we have tried to dig them up before....just makes really poor viz and sore fingertips.....good job capturing them....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.