2007 seeds for postage.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

yipeee...my scnickle fritz seeds have sprouted. thanks so much leslie. im going to leave them another 24 hrs or so in the water to let the white dot turn to a nub. Just cant wait to see everyones pictures. Sure hope I have these ready to show!

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Thanks Leslie, There sure are some good ideas here. I read before where you put some peroxide in the water to when you want to start Coleus and I've tried that with great success. Can't wait for the plants. Thanks again. Yvonne

Weston, WV(Zone 6b)

I wish i would of know about the Grace Gardens when i lived on Conesus Lake, one of the finger lakes, in Geneseo, NY! Allthough i lived in a cove with maybe 1/4 acre. I am sure i could of placed some hems somewhere....lol

Oslo, Norway(Zone 5a)

Anyone in the colder zones who is thinking of growing them inside for a longer period? I also usually start growing Januray/February inside, but I would really like to see some flowers early.
I will start some seeds of every crossing as soon as possible and let them grow under plantlight all winter. I have a problem with enough space, but I guess its possible to have shifts under plantlight. But I need to find a chilled dark place to keep the seedlings at "night".

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm going to start mine after they get done sitting in the fridge for a month. I've never grown daylilies from seed before, so all of this is new to me :) Thought I had a pic, but guess I must have pitched that one. Mine is a really simple setup with 2 step ladders with 2 shop lamps strung between them. Not exactly high tech, but seems to work alright. Last year was the first time my seedlings (flowering annuals) seemed to do ok, but I started them so late, it could have been that and not the lighting. I usually get dampening off, but that didn't happen last year, no gnats either. Made a mix of perlite and peat moss- no soil, maybe that helped too? Laugh, it's all so new, I don't know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Guess time will fix that :D

Oslo, Norway(Zone 5a)

Hyblaean: Think mine table is similar to yours. Looking for a picture...gee...where do I keep this stuff! I have put tin foil at the sides to reflect the light, and I really think my plants have done well. This spring I had over 100 different pots, mostly perrenials. Luckily not all germinated! I always forget how much space they need after potting!
I had real troubble with gnats(I think its gnats,in latin its called Sciaridae?) and I was not pleased with my soil last year. Tomorrow I will buy some soil for Leslies seeds - hope to find the good stuff :)

I must tell: We have frost at night here now and today I was filling my barrow with the plants I need to overwinter inside. I had of course forgot to carry them inside now and my DH actually agreed for me to take the barrow into the livling room... it was actually he who wheeled it inside. LOL - he is getting well trained, he would have thought the idea completly stupid a couple of years ago.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

lineyri,

I think our DH's have just given in or given up. (finally) Mine has helped out for a year now. I'm thinking he bumped his head somewhere, and I missed it. : )
~Lucy

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Line, what a picture.

Lisa and Celeste, your seeds went out today.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

YES! Thank you so much!!! I'll let you know how they do in this Northern climate.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Line- laugh, what a good man!!

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL at the barrow in the house. If we tried that our cats would fight over it.:) I think maybe our gardening mentality rubs off on people when we're not looking. I was sick for atleast a year and couldn't do much in the yard and DH watered the gh for me and helped me clean up the beds when I was well again. There are many things about him that aren't great, but it's hard to stay mad at somebody that'll pull weeds with you.:)

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Just wanted to say that I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks so much!

Kim

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Got my seeds!! Thank you so much Leslie! Will keep you updated on how they do.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I got mine too!!! Thanks Leslie! Can't wait to see them growing and blooming! I will be sure to get pictures of your darling grandbabies as they mature...LOL

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Leslie I received my second set of plants. Wow I love them Great fans.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

I missed out on this but I would love to get in if anyone does it again. I love daylilies and would love any seeds of any kind except maybe the ditch lillies or stellas.
Charlene

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

HI Leslie,
I got my plants yesterday and didn't get to open them til this morning. They are wonderful. Everything is so clean and neat. I got a boxful from ebay and theye were dirty, looks like she just opened a box ,dug them up and threw them in and said to soak them first before planting. lol. The open hearth one has some mold on it. Is there anything I can do to save it? Everything else looks wonderful and ready to go in the ground. Thanks again. Yvonne

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Leslie for the great plants! I have mine nicely planted now just waiting for blooms. I had about 40 to plant with other orders. I am in for a break and then hosta later this after noon. Only 6-7 thankfully.

If anyone is interest in dropping a few pounds and learning better eating habits, I would like to invite them over to Healthy Living forum. I yo yo so much and thought a support system might help me. Hope to see you there.
Teresa

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I'm glad you all got your plants and like them. Teresa, I'm going to check out healthy living. I didn't know it was there. We're just starting an elimination diet and I could use the support!

Leslie

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Vonnie,

Someome else mentioned mold too. I've never seen that, so I honestly don't know what to tell you. However, I do promise to stand behind them and will gladly refund your money or send other plants if you're not happy. You alls satisfaction is very important to me. I'm spraying weekly for rust and they were bleach dipped before I shipped them, but possible in my inexperience with shipping they weren't dry enough or something? I was more concerned with them getting too hot. Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks,

Leslie

Dayton, KY(Zone 6a)

Leslie,

The seeds arrived at school Thursday and I already had 2 students looking up the known parent(s). They especially loved the Laughing Feathers crosses. When we start germinating these in Jan/Feb, their codes will all start LM so we can trace them back to you and send pics when they bloom (usually 2-3 years in this area).

Thank you. It is people like you that make DG such a wonderful group to be part of. I only hope in a year or two I can do the same for others.☺

Lisa

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

Leslie, I feel sure that mine will be fine. The ones that have been potted up for a week are putting out new growth. I read somewhere that the roots you see when you receive a bareroot daylily will all rot away and be replaced after you plant it. The crowns were all good and firm.

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Leslie, the rest of the plant is good. Its just on some of the roots. I put it in water with a little peroxide and scraped what mold I could off it. It may be just fine. I just thought you had a different solution for it. Thanks again. These are the nicest plants I've ever gotten. I'll keep you informed. Yvonne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.