2007 seeds for postage.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

So excited to see my mailman today. Leslie's garden at my house will continue to grow and multiply!
Thank you so much!

Deborah

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

You're welcome and
Uh, you might want to check the classifieds, like now. LOL

Leslie

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I just did and you have mail.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine arrived this afternoon... Thanks so much for the seeds.. Gonna get them planted, set them outside and wait til spring..

Larkie

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!!!! I'm so excited! I got seeds today!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much Leslie,

I received your seeds today.

Connie

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I received my plants and seeds today, also. : )
Gotta get outside and show them their new home.
Thanks, Leslie.

~Lucy

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have had a glorious afternoon going thru my box...im just 'snickle fritzed' ;-o ( tickled pink) thanks a million ;

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

yeah!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My mailman was soooooo good to me today!! My seeds arrived and I'm just tickled!! Will be planting them in a couple of weeks when the weather cools down. Can't wait!!

Thanks again, Leslie!

Stephanie

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

Omg! My seeds are here. This is so exciting! I feel so special because I have seeds of a plant that nobody has ever seen before. This is kind of like being pregnant.:) I have Tuscawilla Snowdrift x ?, Ann Blocker x Irish Handshake, and Lisa's Cabaret x ?.

I need clarification though. Since we never know if we'll get a winter or not, should I put these in the fridge first? Atleast that'll give me time to prepare a bed for my new babies.lol I really don't want to mess this up. I'm so excited!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I got a paaaaaaackage! I got a paaaaaaaaaaaackage! Thanks a bunch for sharing Ned's offspring with me! I know you made some wonderful crosses and I can't wait to see the little boogers. I stuck them in the fridge with the rest of my future hopefuls. :)

Thanks Leslie! You rock!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I put a few in water and they have already sprouted. Yeah! I hope to raise all of mine under lights this winter.

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Leslie wrote;"Margo,
You may want to send another. I have your seeds all packed up and ready to go."

Ummm, Leslie? I think you should know that you have Elves....I went to the PO yesterday to mail my BE, and ran into the Mail Lady on her way out. She asked if I wanted my mail then, or should she deliver. I took it, and, Lo and Behold, there was my envelope, just chock full of very exciting seeds!!
Thank you SO much, you are very generous. This morning will be spent researching them all, as well as what is best to do with them (I have a houseguest coming, but he can deal with the mess, it's not THAT bad *G*) now that they have arrived. I will do my best to keep them happy as they grow up:))

A very happy flowerdancing
Margo

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Silver, keep them in the fridge until you plant.

Oh brother Margo! The elves have hidden Kim's seeds and given you a second set. HMMM. I'd better straighten that out. I'm glad you got them at least. LOL

Thank you all for the kind comments. I don't know who's more excited, you or me!

Leslie

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Leslie, would it help to know what you sent me? You included a very nice note, with my name, so maybe just switched me and Kim? I'll dmail if you would like, to avoid clogging the list :)
Margo

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

My package came too. Woohoo!!

So, do I need to refrigerate these babies for a bit?

Brenda

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Margo, no, thanks anyway. I just forgot to check you off the list.

Brenda, I'd say yes. They have been chilled for 2-3 weeks, but I'd keep them in the refrig until you plant them.

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Leslie-I got my seeds today thank-you so much I will look forword to growing these.Thank-you also for your sale on your daylilys-I am so glad I got to be in your sale thank you for Bonus daylily's will give you great feedback.Robin

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Robin. I'm glad you're pleased.

Leslie

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

does anyone know an Alexander F. from New Jersey? I got an envelope from him but I don't remember the name and don't think he's on the list.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have been sprouting my seeds and then putting them in bio sponges. Now that Im 90% finished...it hit me. Am I planting these wrong? Does the little white nub that I thought ws the root, but grows leaves if you leave it in the water to long, does that go down....or pointing up when I plant in the sponge or pot? Are the best put on their side? I had been planting pointy side down, until I saw the leaves forming out of that point. Now im confused.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Jazz and Kim's are going out today.

Pam, roots go down, leaves go up. Said in all sincerity.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

just lay them sideways.. they will figure it out

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Wooohooo!!! woohoowoohoowoohooooooo

Seadrift, TX(Zone 9a)

Leslie, got my seeds today.
Thanks, double thanks.
Mary Dillon

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Super. Hope they do well for you and bring you much joy.

Leslie

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

LOLOLOL...Well needless to say, I have always put the 'root' down. It was just when the one I left in the water started growing leaves from the 'root' ..i just went...WHAT.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

I got them!! I actually probably got them last night, but we were out of town. Man, Laughing Feather is so so cool. I can't wait to see what comes of these!! Thank you very much, Julie

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Yippee!

Julie, Laughing Feather will set a pod if you look at it and blooms a lot.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Even better- with that form and those qualities, I am a very happy girl. Thank you so much for sharing the wealth!!

Ocean Springs, MS

Sent my envelope a few days ago. Hope you get it soon. thanks, julie

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

There here! - And what beautiful crosses. Thank you so much Leslie - I can only afford so much space and the crosses you sent are fabulous! They are resting in the refrigerator in damp horticultural spaghnum moss. I love to have seeds to start in October as some will bloom the first year that way. I have 5 or 6 of Ned's cvs and love them all.

Two years from now, when you are famous - we will all have a part of your efforts growing in our gardens. Neato!

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

I have a question I hope someone can answer?
If I start the daylily seeds in Oct. will I need to leave them under lights all winter or could I leave them out in a protected place?
I'm in the PNW zone 8. We sometimes get down into the 20's (usually upper 20's) and very occationally (rarely) down into the teens but it never stays there for long. What we mostly have is rain and wet and sometimes when it's dry, frosty over nights.

I'd love to get a headstart on these.

Thanks,

Joy

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Claire, I like your optimism.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Joy, I'm in Zone 8 in Texas. I'm going to plant some in the ground in a week or so, then I'm going to plant some inside in planters. Mine are resting in the fridge right now. I'm going to soak the seeds in cool water overnight before planting. We'll see how they do!! The way I figure it, SOME of them will make it!

Stephanie

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Joy I started seeds last year in the latter part of Aug. I put them in the ground in Sept. They never had a problem even on those few days we were in the 20s. I guess it would also depend if the parents were dormants or not. Mine were evergreen and grew all winter. They bloomed in 8 months. I am also going to do the lights this year just because I have them. I would think you wouldn't have any problem in the ground in a protected area but I wouldn't do a pot. Just my two cents since our zones are similar Cindy.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Thank you Stephanie and Cindy.
You've both helped me decide to give it a try.

Blooms in 8 months? Now I've gotta try it. :-) I do have lights I could set them under if I need to. I'll research the parents. I could always do some outside and some under the lights.

Joy

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't have any lights to put mine under, so I'm wondering whether they would do better in the ground in one of my beds or in the gh in pots.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have actually put some of mine in pots on my front porch, and they have done well...it is protected and I water them occasionally during the winter, but they have come in and done quite well...I even do that with some of the Siberian Iris seed etc that I have grown.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.