Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 10

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

'Panache'..fly included

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

'Intrigue'--I love this one just for foliage

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Trop, is that agave growing on the vertical? Seems I saw a tv show where they did that, putting peat on the backside, with a drip hose along the top. That has some cool coloration. Also like that 'constitution'.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

No, I actually took the picture vertically and forgot to rotate it...sorry.

I do agree that at times the co-op can be hard to keep up with. I have gotten some good plants. I however, learned after buying somewhere between 30-50 asiatic, OT...etc. lilies, that they really don't do too well here. I think I got 4 blooms. Next time I'm trying a new type of plant I won't go overboard.

Here's a cool curcuma-'Purple Tip' if I recall

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

about the only greenhouse the daughter let me go inside...it was the most important one, so that's ok

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hedychium 'Tai Pink Princess'--love this one

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Fortunately, lillies and other bulbs do very well here. I have sandy soil and we usually don't get heavy snow cover(no soggy spring conditions). I got a Lowe's special asian lillies a couple of years ago, and had one nearly 4' tall this year. Loving your pics. Those ones I saw that were grown vertically were agaves, and some sort of cacti or succulent(not going into that debate of 'what is'), so didn't need heavy soil and little water. Had a wall effect, which was rather cool.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

The succulent wall sounds cool. I just recently became interested in agaves earlier this year trying to figure out plants that will adapt to the really dry areas of the yard. I used to grow little cacti and succelents inside, but usually if I kill something once, we're done there..lol

this is Colocasia 'Blackwater'

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Kara

Quoting:
but usually if I kill something once, we're done there..

I'm like that with people .
One strike and you are out .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

After I typed it out I thought about relationships, too. No need for anything high maintenance.

here was another really cool agave, but didn't see any for sale, these were on their back porch

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous pictures ! I especially love the agave and curcuma-'Purple Tip' , what a beauty.

We had a weird day, they were sampling kiwi at the grocery store, cut in half with spoon tucked in. Well, I didn't know but kiwi is on the top-ten allergen list..... guess who's 3 children are allergic to kiwi? Very nice, and after some googling, I know if you have a child who has hay fever or is allergic to peanuts you are not supposed to let them eat kiwi. My son has both hay fever and peanut allergy so he really had a bad reaction, almost hospital trip - he's sleeping off the Benadryl now, snoring like an old fat drunk man after 20 beers.

The girls didnt react so bad., just angelina jolie lips and sore tongue/throat. the weird thing is at our old house, we had a huge kiwi vine growing over from the neighbor, Sophia loved it and ate ALOT (she called it kwee-kwee). One website mentioned the allergy is worse if the skin is still on, so that must be it for her.

So fair warning to anyone with hayfever - watch out for the kiwi!

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey, let's watch those snoring old, fat, drunk man with beer comments. Some of us are sensitive! LOL Take the alcohol out of that equation and you've got Santa. Hope the little guys get to feeling better soon.

I'm sorry to hear about the rug rats .
I googled Kiwi . I'm not surprised they got sick .
What a thing to eat ??? Check this out .
http://www.chemistry.co.nz/kiwibird.htm

Hey Paul I think Red is talking about YOU .

Quoting:
snoring like an old fat drunk man after 20 beers.
:o(

Paul You typed that over me .
We had the same thoughts . LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!! Well, have someone videotape you snoring and put them on youtube. then we can laugh all day and night. :~p

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol, thanks for the laugh ! Sorry Paul, I like old drunk fat men, and I'm delighted to hear each breath he takes at the moment, so I'm fine the snoring (during the day anyway )

Thanks for the link Kell, da** New Zealand and their kiwi birds and fruit !!!!

3 kids on Benadryl is very strange, btw - they are all dopey lol, it's quiet for once.

Did they really eat a feathery old Kiwi Bird ?

The New Zelanders Stole it from China .
The kiwifruit is native to the Yangtze River valley of northern China and Zhejiang Province on the coast of eastern China. The first seeds were brought out of China by missionaries to New Zealand at the turn of this century. Early nurserymen in New Zealand, such as Alexander Allison, Bruno Just, and Hayward Wright, recognized the potential of the fruit and it soon became a popular backyard vine. Several plants were sent to the Chico Plant Introduction Station in California and exist to this date. In addition to New Zealand and California, kiwifruit is also grown commercially in such areas as Italy, South Africa and Chile.

You sound like a walking textbook. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, the boyfriend is major allergic to kiwi too. Luckily the daughter isn't. Either way, the fruit is good but could either live with or without it.

6 pics from ginger in PF. Pretty cool!!

Thanks Pep .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

weird, so that's heliconia rostrata instead of sexy hanger? I love heliconias, but just starting to figure them out.

Here in OZ they are called Sexy Hanger .
But DG Don't want to know .
Oh Well , I'm just trying to Contribute .
Mystic is a great help .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I've got the pink sexy hanger on my wants list for trading, highly doubt I'll ever get one that way, but at least I can remember what I want

cool new plants though....gonna try and sleep a bit

10 to 4 am ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

who knows, Kell, my sleep is all messed up, I actually dozed about 9-9:30..think I missed the end of big brother, but gonna try and get rest until 6 or so...sleep disorders are fun...foggy headed all the time

D-Mail me if you have troubles .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

oh, I get it's the afternoon there, I know you don't sleep well either, and I can ok when I take pills but I hate to cause they knock me out so hard and the things that really help aren't all that great for you...lol

Never taken a pill my whole life .
Not good 4 U .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Funny, the pills prescribes by a doctor are the medically "safe" remedy for my sleep problems, I won't mention what often works better publicly, at least not without snickering

I rarely take the sleeping pills (obviously), so don't worry about me getting strung out, the ones I take aren't addictive....yawn, I'm boring myself to sleep here

Go and make some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

man....went to bed, laid there and only got to sleep about 1/2 hour before the alarm went off

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry Tropicanna; hope you're not too foggy today. >>>> what works better alcohol or sex?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Both

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Finally wised up and made a Cap'n & Dr. Pepper, so how's everyone today!

I'm sore. I was lazy all weekend, just sat around most of the time and now my back really hurts. It will get better but it makes bending over hard. Ugh.

Doesn’t time fly .
Tomorrow will be the 6 th. anniversary of 9-11 .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

what were y'all doing that day?...could it be a yawn..lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.