Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 10

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Three things stand out in my memory of Life .
I remember exactly where I was when .
Man first walked on the Moon ,
John Lennon was Shot .
and 9-11 .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

capture all three for us Kell, I'm listening

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

yes, do share

I'm a one finger typer .
I don't have enough time left to sit and write this book .
So You might hear it on my epitaph . COL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I just remembered, I don't listen to country music except the really old stuff or weird stuff like Johnny Paycheck, but isn't there a (no one get offended please, just my opinion and y'all feel free to trash my taste in music) reeaaallly bad country song about this, like, "Where were you.."

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well then pick one Kell, 9/11 is pretty depressing to think about too much and politicians remind us of it constantly to keep us entrenched in fear.

Where were you when John Lennon got shot? I was 3 years old and had no idea that someone I would grow to love and idolize in adolescence had been taken so early that day.

Because of our time differences .
I heard it on the USA CBN news at 4.30 am.
Sat crying for a couple of hours .
Then cancelled my work for the rest of the day
and went and played JL ( god ) records for the rest of the day .
Who says I'm not a softie .
Name yall's favorite JL songs .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Beatles-John lead or just John?

Beatles-Across the Universe
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Cry Baby Cry
Don't Let me Down
You've got to Hide Your Love Away
I'm only Sleeping
Solo- The Whole Plastic Ono Band album is so intense even though lots of people don't like it
Cold Turkey
Love
The whole Rock n Roll Album
Beautiful Boy, Darling Boy---if I have the title right
I know I'm leaving lots out...I adored the man and listened to nothing else for about 3 years...edited cause I couldn't stop thinking about stuff..lol

This message was edited Sep 11, 2007 4:55 PM

The Xmas song .
" and so it is christmas "
Tops for me .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

yeah, I get goosebumps thinking about this one....then I could also start in on George Harrison, totally different altogether, but his stuff is ethereal, beautiful, makes you want to cry

I used to celebrate John Lennon's birthday every year but it's kinda gotten past me.....too many fallen rock stars I've worshipped in a lifetime

I know other people have their faves, but only one Kell? ..brb

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

How could I have forgtotten Dear Prudence and Sexy Sadie

I love the White Album

Anyone ever hear of the Grey Album? Maybe I should save that for another time...

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Man on the moon- edge of parents bed with whole family watching it on a 13" b&w tv(the only one). The only 'memory' that I can really discern before the age of 5(I was born 6/66)

Lennon-was still into country (Johnny Paycheck-'take this job...' -was my first album purchase) and just beginning to explore r-n-r on my own. It would be a couple of years more before I really knew who the Beattles were, then quickly decided that John Lennon and George Harrison(while my guitar gently weeps-absolute favorite song, bar none!) were musical geniouses(sp).

9/11 Came back to concrete plant after making a delivery, wondering why everyone was hanging in the batchmans office. They were listening to the radio. Worked 13.5 hours that day, and 68 hrs for the week. Didn't get much sleep because I would watch the news morning and night when not working.

Trop- Alan Jackson. Usually a good artist, but that song did stink.
Favorite Lennon songs:
Watching the wheels
Strawbwerry Fields
Norwegien Wood
Imagine

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I thought it was a real song...there was a South Park episode where they made fun of it through the whole thing.

9/11, I took my daughter swimming for the first time in a lake with a friend. She was 7 months old...awww. When my friend called to meet she told me to turn on the news...right when the 2nd plane crashed...anyway...not to downplay the event, but talking about John Lennon is depressing, too but better.

Johnny Paycheck is cool

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Even cooler- my first 8 track was CDB- Charlie Daniels Band. All the pop cr@* that came out after Urban Cowboy killed country music for me, kinda like what has happened the past few years-again! Where's Bocephus when ya need him!?! Got to see SoundGarden live in Seattle right when they were taking off(my personal fav of the Seattle grunge scene). Dinner time- gotta go!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Give me Johnny Cash, Kris Krisofferson-spelled last name wrong I think-Waylon Jennings, George Jones. That generation I love. Reba rules in my book. Always has and will. The 80s are ok, some great songs and artists, 90s- leaned more to pop and they were ok but not my favs with exceptions of course, current- Brad Paisley, Allison Krauss, some others can't think of.

9/11 I was at school and a kid came into the classroom and said the towers were hit by a plane. We thought he was joking til he turned the TV on and we saw it. I was stunned and chilled to the bone for the rest of the day. When I came home I had to feed the chickens and the sky was totally silent. I always hear planes and other air traffic here. Not that day. The silence from that got to me more than anything. I looked to the sky for about a year afterwards to make sure there were still planes in the air and not trying to crash.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Soundgarden, 6/66 birthday..lol...then Charlie Daniels

First concert I went to was the 2nd Lollapolooza (sp?) and Soundgarden played. I was 14 and of course had a crush on Chris Cornell.....we saw him walking thru the crowd and of course my friend acted a fool. Never will forget it, though, he was...yeah

Seen Allison Krauss, too, pepper. My dad is infatuated with her

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I can't even think straight when I hear Chris Cornell sing..... sigh hmmmmm

and now I find out I'm a month older than Paul !!!! 5/66

I like Allison Krauss, - my first concert was Kiss, .... my parents didn't know - Gene Simmons scared the absolute cr*p out of me, young innocent girls shouldn't have to see a tongue like that !!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, I'll never be able to shake that mental picture from my mind...gosh...sigh...he was wearing this linen, mustard-toned matching outfit that just flowed with every step(I love fabric of that texture)..not to mention made those icy blue eyes really stand out...the curls of his hair just teased his shoulders and down his back....alright I need to shake it off, enough of that...lol

KISS, I'm so jealous....but what about older, not so innocent girls..lol

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I don't suppose ya'll have seen his TV show, including his wife and to very bright, teenage children? Actually, it is quite good, and even funny. Not so stupid as Ozzy Osbourne and his pack of brats!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

He's married? Sounds boring already. Just kidding, he's not hot like he was then. What channel? Oh wait, are we talking Gene Simmons or Chris Cornell?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I know Gene Simmons has a show, haven't watched it tho.

Someone please give Chris Cornell a show, that would rate a #1 tivo season .. .. he's just delicious

What was everyone else's very first concert they attended ??

Peter Allen .
"I Still Call Australia Home,"
http://www.bluedesert.dk/peterallen.html

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

he looks sooo Australian

http://www.milesago.com/Artists/AllenBrothers.htm
Scroll 1/2 way down to 1977 .
Now a genuine star in his own right, Peter returned to Australia in September 1977 for a wildly successful tour, which ended with a free concert in the Brisbane Botanical Gardens. His next single, a cover of the perennial The More I See You b/w I Honestly Love You reached #11 in Australia in October, while Taught by Experts also made the Top 10.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Cool , he a cameo in Sgt. Pepper

So we got everyone's first concert but pepper's, Tammie's (we still think about you), and vadap's ...right?

LOL, so there was your first, but then there was the best. What was the best?

This message was edited Sep 13, 2007 6:17 AM

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hmmmm, thats tough

Kristen Hersch, small acoustic show at LaLuna
Aerosmith (totally fun, good big show)
Eurythmics (i'm an 80's girl !!)
Flaming Lips (cool)
Liz Phair (she can be very naughty)
Nirvana :(
Fleetwood Mac (love Stevie)

prob more, but thats the stand outs at the moment, where is Tammie ???? I miss her! I always wanted to send her something after she shared those crystals with the kids - I wonder if she likes lilies, I had some giants 5' this year I'm sure will have some babies.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Tammie's got a thread on the Canna forum, I just asked her to come play

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

First: Adam Ant, opening was Wang Chung(unknown band at time, but future big hit, never figured that one- didn't like them)
Followed quickly by: Pretenders, Eurythmics(love Annie), Billy Idol, Devo, Cars, and many more I can't remember off top of head. Friend was a scalper, inherited from brother. Junior and senior year rocked! He broke up with girlfriend and asked if I wanted to go to Bruce, Springstein that is!!! I was reporting to bootcamp 2 days befor the concert!
Favorite: Tom Petty at Red Rocks, hands down. Jackson Browne opened for him a few years ago. That was awesome. He came out to sound check and played about 5 songs, then had to let roadies eat dinner. Went to another where he headlined, over 2.5 hrs playing!

Trop Gene Simmons, Family Jewels, A&E, with Shannon Tweed and kids

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm here.. first concerts..
As a young pre teen and teenager:

The Osmonds..of course had a crush on Donny
Elvis..stood in line for 2 days to get tickets for mom... OK, Dad was with me but I held the place most of the time! I was 13

others as an adult:
Beach Boys... had a great time.. first time I ever had my purse searched and smelled Marajuana!

ZZTop..was invited.. did not impress me other than did not like the opening implied cocaine use

Steve Miller..won tickets in Los Angeles

CSN & Y... that was a great show

Jimmy Buffett... the most fun I have ever had before and during a show!

Billy Joel...truly an all around entertainer.. had the worst seats in the house.. paid over $115 each and it still made me feel like I had the best seats! He plays to every seat in the house.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh, vadap, thanks for reminding me..

Jackson Brown in Santa Monica on Earth Day one year

...and I worked as a Paramedic at a Bruce Springstein show in Dallas..was able to stand at the front edge of the stage.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2007 6:01 PM

Don McLean
Brisvegas about 1969 Festival Hall .
I just loved American Pie .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Tammie it's great to have you pop in!

while we're waiting on pepper

already said Lollapalooza was my 'first'--left town without my parents knowing and 3 cigarettes, no money, ticket, or shoes...needless to say it was an adventure

nailing down a favorite favorite is hard, live music has been my thing most of my life.

have to check out Gene & fam

I can't remember my first concert. lol. I have been to so many over the years thanks to FFA- Future Farmers of America- ginger. I have seen Ricochet, Chris LeDeux, Jason Aldean, John Anderson, Sawyer Brown-twice, I can't think of others right now.

Favorite was Sawyer Brown. I am hoping to see Roseanne Cash in November.

I also want to see Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Billy Joel, Elton John, Montgomery Gentry, Brooks and Dunn, Alabama, Keith Urban.

Trying to remember the rock bands and singers I like but can't think of them.

Any one like Metalica ?
I have their DVD in concert with a Philharmonic Orchestra .

I'm not a huge fan but they are ok. I like AC/DC better....so far. lol. At least the Back in Black album. Best album ever made.

Aren't they OZZIES ?

I have no clue. Are they? lol. I haven't heard them talk in several months so I don't remember their accents. I was thinking american or british.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

They're Australian, good call on Back in Black, pepper...lol...you folks never cease to amaze. Did go thru a metal period too, pretty brief..hair bands and all, did pick up on Metallica

Been romanticizing over concerts past with the boyfriend...ahhh

So he does talk to you sometimes ???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.