Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 10

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Begging for what? Oh, the tropicals! I gat a brug this past spring and Denver botanic gardens. It hasn't died, but hasn't grown a lick either! I have lousy sunlight getting into this little house, so all my houseplants have suffered, which bores me, and they suffer more.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I prefer bulbs altogether but went crazy the 2nd year here with tulips, squill, wood hyacinths and crocus. Won't bother with tulips ever again, and I like early spring flowers but I forget where I planted everything. So I took it easy this year, and from here on out will focus on weirdo plants for spring

summer bulbs are different, but the lily fiasco-I dunno, I wonder what comes up next year

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I have a brug that's about 4 ft. tall but hasn't 'forked' yet, so no blooms. If the thing doesn't start forking next year, I'm giving it up. I need plants for impatient people

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Trop, what is that plant in the right hand corner in your last pic? I have the same thing in a different color but don't have a name. Need a name so I know what to do with it this winter.

I love tulips. I have them in a bed full of dirt from my gravel road and they thrive there. Gonna get more next week at our plant sale at work. Also getting a hardy Carolina Jasmine with yellow tubular flowers. Might also get snailweed/vine for the birds. Looking at a few other things too but need to be careful. lol

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I got callas, on 4paws coop here, and she said she is going to try and get the Captain series next spring. Will buy into those. I don't want to buy a lot of nicer things, like named daylillies, until after I move from here. Most of what I've gotten is pretty inexpensive, and some, I'll just dig and take with me! Well. gotta get dinner, and start winding down. Good night everyone.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pepper that's a Crinum 'americanum'. You have a pink one? Gotta picture? They belong down south you know, I'll be happy to take it off your hands...lol. I think you would store it dry in a basement

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

callas are cool, started liking those this year. the seedpods are funky and sometimes the flowers mutate

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

The white leaf to the right? That's a caldium, yes?

No, mine is green. Has some white on it but not like yours. And no you can't have it!!!! LOL. I like it. A coworker of moms gave it to her so I put it in water til it got enough roots to satisfy me. I will try to get a pic when I get the camera back.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

This will be my first year playing with them. Looking forward to it.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah caladmium to the right and Tropicanna Gold in the back

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I think I'm confused...lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pepper--I'm sorry I misunderstood, yes that is a caladmium in the photo you asked about--don't remember the name but you let it die back outside them bring in the bulb. I've stored mine dry

Ok, hopefully it has a bulb now. It is a cutting I got from mom so....

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

A cutting.....might be a syngonium? Is it big or small?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

If not, they are pretty cheap. I got a bunch from notmarthas coop that she bought from bleek. Only 14 more posts afte this one to kick forward(350, right Kell?)

edit #

This message was edited Sep 17, 2007 7:31 PM

Looks to be the same size as yours. We have them at work too. Compared to EE, which is what they remind me of, it is small. But the leaves at least the length of my hand and my hands are 6+in long. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

That is true caladmiums are cheap--except the cool Thai ones, I'll have to find pics of those...

but if it's a cutting pepper I am thinking syngonium (if that's the right name, I'm having a blonde night apparently)

LOL. Will get a pic and will see if it developed a bulb. You never know.....

Looks like it might be it.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Sorry I missed all this Went to sleep in front of Puter .
4 tough days of walking is catching up .
Yes Paul , only 12 to go .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Had a feeling, they can get pretty big. I got a couple of cuttings this spring, I think I really appreciate them in winter when I bring them in.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

well, I'll show a close up of my crinum

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm obviously excited about the flower, but it smelled good too

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

What a nice Pic Kara .
Your'e getting gooderer with your Picture taking . :o)

In one Pic it looks Pink the other White ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Kell, gooderer ....alright :)

my agave attenuata 'Kara's Stripes' at home

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Not sure why the color looks different, it's really not a good camera, and doesn't always represent color/shadows well

here's a cool variegated luna hardy hibiscus

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

These are achimenes 'Harry Williams'....in the back is a Thai caladmium 'Lucky Purple'

it is fuzzy Kell, sorry

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

This is my Hibiki .
Look at the size of the polen stem ???

Thumbnail by ginger749

OK then Kara , I thought my eyes were going on me . ( Alcomohol )

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

lol................

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

I've definately had too much now . Time for bed .
Hang on it's only 12.12pm in the arvo . lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

So Kell, I think this thread is over 350 by now, right?

here's a pic of the greenhouse....starting to bring some things in

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

dangit

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

This is where the new thread went .
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/772123/

" THIS THREAD IS CLOSED ."

This message was edited Sep 18, 2007 12:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.