Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 10

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh man, the first bus ride is a killer for me - I always run inside and cry. :( -well, truth be told I do every year. How is she liking school so far - and her teacher?

Vincent is still home for 2 weeks before preschool starts, so not really quiet yet, but he will miss his sisters alot at first, so mommy will have to play cars, trains and dinosaurs with him.

Your yard looks fantastic, it's so green I'd never guess your not getting any rain. I'm so looking forward to the front filling in more - if you ever think of it when you have your camera out, will you take a picture of your curly willow?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Trop, looks great. Wish I had all those trees!!! You got a kitty in that jungle. We've been getting some rain(not much), but we are about to cool down to the 80's, even hitting 70 next week. First frost and snow are just around the corner.

You guys are bringing back memories of going to school. We lived outside Richmond,Va for a few years when I was in 1-3 grade. Remeber new clothes and sneakers(man, could I run faster-LOL), and a new lunch box. Boy, were those the days!

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

LOL
It's all to far gone for me .

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Paul, you are getting the same weather as me. 90s today, 80s tomorrow and rest of this short week, and 70s starting this weekend with 51 as a low one night. Bad thing about all this cooling is my gardenia has to come in. Jasmine can wait, mystery plant can wait a bit too. Now to figure out wher to put all these. Wonder if they will like the basement for winter......

Kell, are you actually saying that you are old now????? :~p

It all seems like another PLANET yall are on .
2 Days frost here in 33 years .

Yes Pep My mirror tells me so .
But my Body and Mind are sharp as .

I dare you to travel up here when we have snow and it is below freezing big time. I think you would be in shock. Especially when you see us in t-shirts at times cause it "warmed up" from what it had been. lol

I knew I should have mentioned your mind. LOL

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

No Pep, not that fast, but a slow taper, with 70 next Wensday, then back to the 80's, but no 90's. Yep, Kell, 32* (that's 0* for you) in jeans and a t-shirt! Living large! I used to walk around San Francisco and Seattle in shorts and a long sleeve shirt when it was in the 40s-50s, and people (all bundled up like it was cold or something)would look at me like I was nuts(if they only knew).

I love the cold ,
As long as it's not below 15 c .

I do the same thing. I actually have to watch myself because if it is really cold like in the 20s that can be dangerous so I make it quick. No staying outside long enough to freeze.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Yeah Pep, and you have A LOT more humidity than we do, so the effect isn't as bad around here. 60*F, that's all Kell? That would warrant the taking off of shirts and getting some sun around here. Bikini skiing on the slopes!

LOL!! Same here!

Yes, we have a ton of humidity at times. It can be humid and breezy at the same time.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Now what's this? vadap, you like, never make more than a post or two and then split. Of course last night I was busy and couldn't play with you guys. I'm disappointed. You'll have to hang out more often.

That kitty is Alice Cooper (tough girl). I staged her posing cause I knew the black fur would make her fit into the tropical scene, like a little panther. (just kidding, she made me get the pic).

I hate being cold more than anything. Unless it's snowing, which is hardly ever, then it's fun....sledding, snowball fights, snow forts...ahhh...feels cooler already.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I got off early yesterday. I only worked 9 1/2 hrs. Banker hours, you know. Seems you and Red get on during the mornings, mostly? I usally read every day, some days just to tired post anything(ie, chat), and especially when the OH has had a bad day at work, and I have to do my manly duties and "listen" so she can vent and unwind. LOL That will usually sap what little energy I may have left.

LOL Paul .
Been there done that .

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Yeah, took a while(years) to get used to it, but now I just endure. Even learned(foolish me for even thinking of it) to not to try and solve the problems. LOL

I find when we go for a Mountain Climb ,
She takes the opportunity while we are driving there to do all her venting .
It's great when my DD comes .
She talks to her the whole trip . And answers calls on her phone .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Now don't y'all vent sometimes? Come on....

Yep, you got it right, we just want to be heard. It's just one of those unfortunate differences between men and women that venting leaves us refreshed and listening leaves you guys, "zapped". I'll apologize for my gender. Sorry :)

91/2 hours--how do you get these shifts? hatin' it for ya.

Kell it's good to hear from you, we'd never get phone service in the mountains in this state! lol

For the first 5 hours of this Climb .
We were on the west side of this Mountain .
No reception at all .
Then we got to the summit and started down the other side
and ALL 3 phones rang at once , sms messages incoming .
I rang my dad for fathers day from 1365 meters High .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Now that's funny

Oh yeah, it is. lol

I never take MY phone .
I'm out there to get away . lol :o)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I was kind of thinking I never bring my phone on stuff like that either, last thing I want is that thing ringing when I'm trying to relax.

Do you guys do gifts on Father's Day?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I bring my along for emergencies. Sometimes there is reception, and even when not, you can use the face of the phone asa reflector. Yeah Trop, we endure for the ones we love, even if it's killing us inside. ; ) And 9 1/2 hours is a short day. Driving a concrete mixer truck is done at the customers behest, not mine. Why I'm keeping my eyes open for another gig, but it does pay good with all that OT. Saw doctor today, stitches out and healing nicely. She also informed me that she did repair a nerve, too. Goodnight all!

Yes . All my family got together
and gave moi a pair of Rock Climbing Shoes .
I have Pics but who cares ?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Aw Kell, we care about you. What kind? Boots, or those flimsy rubbery things? Heck, I'm 41, my dads 71 in December. He just gets a phone call, and reassurance that I'm still doing well. Oh, and I tell him I love him, something he and his dad never shared till right before his death.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, you know we care, it's just the BF is gettin pi**y and wants me to watch tv with him or something.

vadap, good deal on the hand. I was hoping you were banking with all those extra hours....lol...while you're young right?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Seriously, Kell that does break my heart, don't talk like that......you'd laugh like crazy if you heard what little of a deal it is for Mother's Day round here.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Mom always gets a pres. I'm her baby, after all.

That's cute Paul .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol - thats perfect Paul, I only hope I'm so lucky.

That picture is funny Kell, ... I'll admit to not knowing how to send a text message if I had too. ?? I spose I'll figure it out when the kids get cell phones.

How are these shoes, by the way - we'd like to see a picture of you wearing said new footwear.

First day of school, and I didn't CRY - theres a first for everything!

Hey Red ,
That is Good re : Kids not crying .
It's all to long ago for me to remember .
It's been raining here for 3 days now .
I'll look for Pic of Shoes . BRB

Where's the shoes?

Not the best Pic of the shoes .
But they are the Black things on the end of my pins .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

They look like they work pretty well, kinda like shoes people wear for going in the river in western NC.

They are called something like 10-5's
I will look later on.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, just to keep conversation going, there were no gifts for Tropicanna on mother's day besides the beautiful card my daughter made (sweet, I'm not saying it wasn't good enough...bear with me).

We were in the mountains and decided to go out for breakfast in a place where there's only a couple of restaurants in town. Sounded nice, we never go out to eat. We went to a joint used to be great when I was in college (it's just gotten slack) with our friends and their kids. It was packed, I was hungover and the one thing I can't be laid back about is starvation.

Waiter told us about the specials, we ordered...waited, waited, I'm losing patience, the kids are complaining of hunger....2 hours go by....the guy brings my food with ham on my eggs (I'm vegetarian and asked him specifically about meat...some people apparently don't call pork "meat")----I almost flung the plate at him. then had to wait another 45 minutes for my food, after everyone else had eaten and was ready to go....no backrub....no dinner made for me that night...

yep, them shoes sure are nice, Kell...lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Did I talk too much and run you off, Kell?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

THAT SUCKS TROPICANNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.