Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 10

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

just wanted to show my canna "patch"
most of them are done blooming but there are plenty left to put on a show.

Thumbnail by MrEli
West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

heres the side area.

Thumbnail by MrEli
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Great Pics MrEli ,
I particularly like the first Picture .
Everything looks so green there .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Very nice Mr. Eli, they're really tall for as far North as you are.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Lovely Mr Eli, they are giants compared to most of mine.... which just started blooming! Thanks for sharing with us.

..back to sod removal :(
I felt sick yesterday when i was done - need to hydrate

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, did I already give myself away on slacker sod removal. Throw some newspaper and grass clippings on it and just let it sit until you're ready to dig...it's so much easier.

I got a little heat exhaustion this year for the first time ever...barely made it in the house, I was sure I would faint and positive I stumbled like a drunk into the house. All I was doing was watering and had already soaked myself with the hose. And I'm used to the heat pretty wel...so be careful and go the slacker route..lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks Tropi - I did do that for portions of the backyard, but I'll admit I'm too anxious to plant these beds !!! I started earlier today and attacked it LIKE A BEAST! At about 2 pm I reached the point of not being able to lift anything... so jumped in the pool with the kids.

So one strip about 20 feet long left and thats THAT ! I'll do it early in the morning should be done in about 2 hours.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

What's your soil like there? Here it is superhard red clay with the occasional rock. It's worse in the mountains so I know not to complain too much.

Did someone say Mountains ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You must love the mountains more than me, Kell, and I didn't think that was possible. I don't miss having to use a pickaxe to make flower beds though...or ice up steep roads, but other than that I'd love to move back to Western NC, it is so pretty.

Bet you're excited about climbing rocks :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh man, I don't feel like touching a shovel today :(

we have a considerable amount of clay (gray) and rock, so the sod is heavy... but even worse is the dry spots I feel like I'm trying to dig up a sidewalk. Oh well the last section is green so it shouldn't be as frustrating.

Have fun in the mountains Kell !! Enjoy your day :)

Pepper how did shopping go?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I was wondering cause you said only 2 hours to dig 20 feet, I know it would take me longer here...maybe I'm wimpy...lol. But that red clay is like trying to dig/garden in terra cotta only you can't break it.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

nah, this was a rocky area, but the sod on top was green - I tried to leave the easiest for last and YAH! I'm done. There were a few areas yesterday that were like cement --- really ticked me off. If the soil was like terra cotta I would sooo do the newspaper thing. And, I'm thinking you are not a wimp in any definition of the word !!!

Are you glad WAH-mber got evicted last night? ....and want to know who got HOH?

tee hee - I'm glad I'm not the only Big Brother watcher.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I had no idea who got kicked off....dumb preseason football. So AMber's gone? WHo got HOH?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Reeeeeeeeddddd! You big teaser! I am so teased out today I give up, I can't win! lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Amber WAS evicted 3-1 (Jameka being the only vote to keep her) no teasing, I promise! So she's joining Jen and Princess Dusty in the sequester house.

ZACH , yes ZACH won the HOH by a hair.... he will prob put up Jessica/Jameka and perhaps Eric if veto is used. (as he is working with Dick and Daniele)

We are hauling all the sod away tomorrow, so maybe I'll start planting next week. The ground is so rocky in places, I think I'm going to have to get small plants (which I usually do for cost anyway) but the smaller plants are hard to find at this time of the year.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info, Red. p.s. I hate football, lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha - I'm not a football girl either (except my dh watches all the OSU Beaver football games) but he usually does upstairs due to all the complaints lol

Found this Picture of Pauls hand .
Looks like he did a good job with the Saw ???

Thumbnail by ginger749
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, the surgeon did a nice job, I can't see a scar or anything !!!

That was a satelite Pic of his hand at home .

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Laughing so hard, I swallowed wrong and now I'm choking. Thanks Kell!!! Thanks guys for all your well wishes and concerns. "You really do like me!" Just nicked the ligament, so not to bad. 5 stitches that I can see. They knocked me out completely, and the Doc talked to me just as they were waking me up. Hate being that comatose. Guess that is why I never got into drugs. Took 2 vicadine that afternoon when the anasthesia tapered off, and one more in the morning, and couldn't take that lethargy anymore. So now, I have a full bottle of the things. Worked 56 hours(went in 3 hrs late Wed), so guess it isn't to bad-LOL. Great pic MrEli and Trop. My cannas didn't do as good this as last. It was so dry and windy this year. Pep, hope you have fun shopping!!

I've only had two operations in my short life span .
One when they removed my lacerated finger .
The other was my circumcision ,
Hurt so much I couldn't walk for one whole year afterwards . lol

I have Pics but I will spare you the pain .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Yeah Paul - so glad you are well ! I agree with your comment about the vicodin, could never take that stuff (I always feel like my skin is super itchy and I want to crawl out of it) but also lethargic - not a good combination.

Wow 56 hours! so happy to hear from you and that all is good.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2007 6:14 PM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear you're doing well, vadap. Can't beleive you're already able to work, especially that much. I never liked taking any pills.....but..... I kinda think after the boyfriend's kidney stone episode that every household should have a strong painkiller handy for similar things. lol

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Shopping tomorrow. So glad to be out of the house and enjoying this reeeally nice weather here.

Actually rather go riding but don't have any place to go riding at. :~(

We still can't move our horses around .
Very scary stuff .

I bet. Better safe than sorry though.

This whole thing is meant to cost in excess of 2 Billion dollars .
It was cheaper to go to war in Iraque .

Comfort food if anyone wants any.

www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/766250/#new

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

From what I've heard about passing kidney stones, think I would rather give birth! LOL Getting back to work: either I have a tolerabley high threshold of pain, or amazingly stubborn(did I ever mention that I'm a gemini-lol). Kell, I'm in that same boat, except I still have my finger. Sales have hit 40% at the nurseries, time to go shopping. Everyone have a safe weekend(Kell, it's our Labor Day weekend, 3 days off, unfortunately most people have no idea what it celebrates).

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah I've heard the same about kidney stones, but I wouldn't know what was worse cause I've not had kidney stones. He carried on enough that I could tell it was not fun.

Glad to know all went well. I haven't realy paired stubbornness (that's just man) with Geminis, but Geminis are nothing but trouble, but you already know :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hope Kell's having fun on his day !

Going to try to hit some sales today, have a family picnic at 3 so prob not get too much done outside.

Today will be a boring day where I keep an eye out for upcoming concerts to check out. lol. Yesterday was the fun day.

Went shopping for boots. Did find a pair but they were designer brand and the price tag showed it. No sales price on it either. So I didn't buy them.

Then last night went to the races in a nearby town. Dirt track racing. Lots of dirt and mud chuncks flying but it was worth it!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I don't think we really made plans to do much this weekend. Getting boxes ready for trading....not sure why I had to get so many going at once, but oh well. The heat has calmed a bit which is so nice, still no rain though

Yeah, no rain here either. We need it bad.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's a fuzzy pic of the garden

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

OH, that looks nice Tropicanna ! any rain yet? I planted the parking strip garden yesterday - went to bed at 8:30 I was pooped..... alot of plants, but still not "full" I can't spend any more money on it, so just going to have to wait it out to fill in on its own. sigh, oh well I do have alot of bulbs to put in that will show themselves next year.

we had showers off & on last night, what a strange August. Tomorrow is the first day of school for the girls - so today is a kids day, the big choice they have to make is Baskin & Robbins or Cold Stone Creamery. I'm expecting an argument over it!

This message was edited Sep 4, 2007 8:12 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I wish we had rain, I've had to water daily to keep things alive. It is starting to come together though!

Aww, my DD started last week, riding the bus for the first time and all that cute stuff :) Bet you're looking forward to a quieter house at least a little.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.