Tropical Island

london England, United Kingdom

ThankyouTexasgal and Cathy, here's some more then!!!!!!! and the hot toddy is on it's way..........

Thumbnail by terriculture
South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Mmmm, those are tasty!
Terri and T77, would you like a glass of milk too?
We can wash the cookies down with milk, than have hot toddies for dessert!
Cathy

Ok Cathy, I'll go and milk the cow!!!!!!!!...... it may take a while..................

Cathy! you're milk is ready!

I hope FULL FAT is ok?

One coffee ice cream for LouC.....

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

However did you know that is my favorite, Terri. The grandkids say I buy that so they won't eat it and I can have it all to myself. Thank you so much.
LouC

WOW! I love FULL FAT, why bother otherwise?
Terri those are just gorgeous creations.
LouC, I might have to sneak a taste of the coffee concoction. Breyer's coffee ice cream, move over!
Cathy

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Blue Bell is the best. Makes my mouth water right now.

I completely understand, I am a glutton for ice cream. Can't have the coffee ice cream at night though, it keeps me up!

I'm happy you enjoyed my offerings!
I don't know if this is a hot toddy? maybe not!!!!

Looks like a butterscotch toddy to me, yummy and beautiful!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Good whatever you choose to call it. I really like mystery drinks.

I made a couple of chairs today.....

I'm in a purple mood!!!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Since the days of King David and before, purple has represented royalty. Guess that makes all of us royalty,right? Right.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Beautiful as always Terri...

Purple is my color...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Lovely!

Thankyou my tropical friends!
I managed to buy a palm leaf the other day, it came in handy for my wreath!

Fruits, berries and roses

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Where did you find a palm leaf for sale in London? Nice arrangement!

You should ask the florists if you could put some of your work in their shop! Or, do y'all have "flea markets, where people sell merchandise that they make (not fleas as on dogs LOL !!) You could take your things and display them! I'd bet you'd sell a few, I do!

Thankyou Texasgal, you can get exotic flowers in most florists here, usually a made up bunch with a few leaves and flowers. There was only one palm leaf! They are very expensive, but these were going cheap!!!!
We do have car boot sales, but they are in the summer. What so you sell?
I found this gecko in my tropical bunch!!!!!!!

You never know what you're going to find with the exotics!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

LOL, Terri, love your gecko!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Cute Terri! Love your Gecko! You are so inspirational. Always full of surprises!

We used to go to Hotels to "Doll Shows" with my Mom and her Original Artist Dolls. She hand sculpted their heads, shoulderplate, arms, hands, legs, and feet from clay, made her own molds, poured them in ceramic, painted them, made their soft bodies, assembled them. Then made their clothes. She bought wigs and glass eyes, and their shoes. Each had a name and was copyrighted. She even did Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. However as she got older the molds got too heavy for her to lift, so she had to stop making them. I have alot of them here at the house. She sold a few, but gave most of them to her family. She has a large collection at her house as well! Everyone who sees them, asks, "Do you collect dolls?" The are quite surprised when I shake my head, and say, "No."! LOL!!!!!

Hi Bhm, thanks! do the Gecko's eat the mosqitoes (SP?)

Wow Texasgal, I would love to see some of those dolls, do you have any pictures?
Funny how you don't collect them!!!!!!!!!!
This doll is called CrazyZanyHair, I am working on a makeover for Zanymuse this christmas. I was going to give her a blue rinse, but she didn't like that idea!!!!!!

Terri, that gecko is the best!

Thanks Cathy.
These Turnips sisters turned up on my Island .......!

They danced all night!

Then I boiled them and mashed them with carrots and lots of butter, they were really delicious!!
next year I will grow more........

I can just see them dancing the night away!
Mashed carrot and turnip is one of our family's favorite holiday vegetables. I add lots of butter (of course) and also a little freshly grated nutmeg. Yummy! When we have it on Christmas, I will think of the Turnip Sisters!
Cathy

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

And we all think we are different. Been eating turnips/carrots all my life. In the old days before there was so much hoohaa about fat, my mother flavored with just a tad of bacon grease. Beautiful arrangements, Terri. Thank you for reminding again about good times.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Terri, yes, I have pictures. I made an entry on my Garden Blog / Garden Diary "Ceramic Dolls Sculpted by Mom", if you would like to go and look at them.

Here is a picture of Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus.

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Here are the Indians:

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Thankyou Cathy and LouC. I'm looking forward to my Christmas dinner, the first time having my own homegrown veggies!

Texasgal, Thankyou for showing me you Mum's dolls. The attention to detail is lovely, Mary's eyelashes are gorgeous! and the clothes on the Indians are brilliant. I haven't had time to check out your blog yet, but I will, and thankyou for telling me about it.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Terri, Thank You! We love them! Mom will be so happy that everyone loved her dolls! (BTW, I didn't get any of her sculpting talents!!!!! She didn't start until she was retired, so now that I am, maybe some will start to take root....haha!)

Merry Christmas to y'all too!

Oooooh pass the mashed veggies please! yummy, ...love turnips ...parsnips and just about every root veggie ...that will keep you warm and healthy! So cute it was a shame to cook them:)
beautiful Dolls 77 what a treasure to pass on, priceless!
first Christmas with home grown veg, that's the bomb!
chrissy :)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Chrissy!

It is a shame to cook those, they were sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!

but they tasted even better!! Thankyou. Texasgal, here's a some mince pies especially for you, seeing as you haven't tried them before.

I made a tropical arrangement for Christmas and added some feathers to decorate it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.