Flowers in the garden.

Baldwin City, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi, terri - what a gorgeous garden you have! I think the bush you call yellow balls is a Kerria japonica pleniflora. I planted it last year, one of the few things that I managed to save the tag from! No signs of life from mine yet, I hope it survived.

london England, United Kingdom

Thankyou weesparrow! (what a lovely name).
It is a mouthful ...... Kerria japonica plentiflora! I'm sure yours will be fine. Mine came from a bit my neighbour gave me about 5 years ago, every year I stick the prunings in alongside it, eventually I will have a hedge!
Do you have anything flowering yet?

Thumbnail by terriculture
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Terri, I have that japonica as well and it got diseased the year before last and I almost lost it, but it appears to be sprouting up again this season, fingers crossed. Mine will actually bloom once in the spring and if all is well again in the fall.

Peonies popping up, what colors do you have there? I have two tree peonies, one red and one white - they are getting buds, but need a bit of warm weather for them.

Thanks for explaining about the Pieris, was wondering about the 2 colors in the pot. I'll have to research this one.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Candee, Love the Pieris!! What a beautiful and unusual plant! Also, the purple hellabores are wonderful. Your yard is waking up very nicely!!

Terri, I love yellow balls aka Kerria japonica plentiflora. I too want to know about the peonies!!

Weesparrow, HELLO!! Please share your garden as well. Funny, the nickname for my daughter on DG is Teensy. Wonder if your name has anything to do with the reason she has hers.

I am off to take pics. I will try to get an ID on the white flowers. LOL.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Traci, how bout posting your white flower on the ID forum, bet it will get a hit before the day is out.
So weesparrow, what is growing in KS? Glad you came to join us. We have themes for arrangements that we would love to have you share in if interested and we always look forward to seeing others' gardens.
Candee

london England, United Kingdom

I think the Peony is red or dark pink, we will find out when it flowers! Sorry I can't remember.

This thread was taking ages to load so I started a new one. Please keep posting your lovely flowers!

Look, see the bird on the branch? it landed there just before I took the photo!
My first birdie pic!!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is the link for everyone. Thanks Terri and love the sky shots, I hope to soon see some blue skies overhead in our area.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/832246/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.