london England, United Kingdom

love in the mist and forget me nots

Thumbnail by terriculture

Chives and Heuchea

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Lovely, lovely Terri,
The above 'grassy-like' foliage with the flower bud looks like my 'Bottlebrush' and the blooms resembles a test-tube brush, hence the common name. :-)
I love your garden. :-)
Hi Lana, where is Ella? hope everyone is doing well.
Kim

Hi Kim,
Chrissy on the Ausie forum told me it was called grenvilla or something like that! It had pinky orange blooms which were very pretty. I love YOUR garden! we have mutual love and respect for each other's gardens. Please share yours with me!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I know you'd enjoy this basket. I bought the flower from flat, and made into my own basket each spring. Petunias hanging basket.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Oh that is pretty! White petunias and are the red surfinas?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I've no slightest idea? If I'm not mistaken, common name trailing petite petunias? I think I've found those at local Walmart.
Kim

I made 8 of these baskets for a local pub, using some petunias.
We call the petite petunias surfina!!
Daughter is nagging to use the computer, back in a while!
lol

The red and white combination in your basket is really eyecatching. I bet it would jump at you when viewing it from anywhere in the garden.
Primroses.

Chinese lanterns

Solidago

rose campion

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

All the flowers, blooms kept me all so cozy and warm. Thanks Terri for sharing.
Kim

Hi Kim, thanks!
It's dark here by the time I get home from work, I haven't seen my garden for a while!
Do you grow any scented flower's that are good for cutting?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I've lots of annual/perennials seeds that I planned to put out this spring. I'll keep you posted on those. As far as last season, ummmm I've some. But I've not focused on cut-flowers other than some gladiola.

These Armandii Clematis arbor is very fragrant when in blooms during early spring.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri and Kim, BOTH of your gardens are BEAUTIFUL. Now I would like some help with mine please!

I love both hanging baskets! Are petite petunias the same as wave petunias? Terri, we have solidago growing wild along the roads here.

Thanks Karma! Solidago is quite expensive at the florists here! I'm not sure what you mean by wave petunias!
Maybe Kim will know.
Phlox smell lovely! and are good for cutting.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Lana, and Terri, I don't know how I've missed your question earlier. But this is what DG's pf has to say about the smaller variety of petunia that I've seen. They're much smaller bloom, and great for baskets.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1137/

Hi everyone,
Now that winter is over and spring is ALMOST here! lets see your garden pictures from your part of the world.
The garden is still a mess, but the forget me nots are back!

Wall flowers, sorry it wasn't very bright outside!

Aquillegia and Day lillies, making some growth.

A foxglove has seeded itself in my fushia pot!

Veronica........ not much happening here yet!

Whats your garden like at the moment?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Terri,
This is my veronica I think....got some English Ivy there for greenery in the winter....but those may take over the bed in the near future....
It's good to see your post, Terri. Hope you and yours are doing well.
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Hi Kim!
Thankyou, we are all well ,nice to see you too, hope you are keeping well.
I don't have much Ivy here, just some I keep in pots.
What have you got flowering now? I'm sure your garden is way ahead of mine with new growth and flowering plants.

My Forsythia is covered with flowers. I always think that it's strange the way it flowers first then produces the leaves!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes our season is a little ahead of yours, it seems. Our forsythia blooms are nearly spent. Like these Winter Jasmine, which is in the same family of the former, but a different genus? :-) I love both of those blooms. The gold, crisp yellow is shouting out ...Spring is near. In fact the temp. is our right hot today, as if spring has skipped us and it went directly into summer weather. Not to mention we just have had a light frost a few days ago.
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

It was another dull day here Kim, hardly any sunshine! wish it would warm up soon.
Love the winter Jasmine. I found a couple of things flowering, but the photo's are dark again!

Hellebore

A lonely Hyacinth!

Wallflower in bud....

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, your veronica, is that the tall spiky ones you've used in your arrangements? I have some seeds that I wintersowed, but they haven't showed up. The lid had blown off and I never replaced it. Wonder if it's too late to plastic wrap it. I could sow them again. I love your hellebore. Ever used it as a cut flower?

My garden is not even a year old yet so I haven't much to show. Everything is in mostly pots and milk jugs (LOL). Just some ordinary roses, pansies, and few annuals I planted.

My first Pat Austin bloom this year.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Viburnum beginning to bloom

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

First gold glow rose this year. . .it looks great after a hard prune. Excuse the fresh new bed. I have yet to add underplantings for the roses.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Fushia, newly planted.

Thumbnail by karmaplace
New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Assorted seedlings. The purple is amaranthus love lies bleeding. Look how they've grown. . .if you remember when I posted them back when they were newborns.

Thumbnail by karmaplace

Hi Karma,
Thanks for posting your pics! Your garden is way ahead of mine for colour. Lovely to see it.
The roses are beautiful, mine don't even have buds yet! Wow your vibernum looks special, bet you won't be cutting that LoL! Everything is looking healthy and will soon fill out.
Yes the veronica is the purple spikes which flowers July and August. It won't do any harm to sow seeds again, they will germinate quicker now. I haven't tried the Hellebore for cut flowers, might give it the SNIP tomorrow!!
Veronica in flower.....

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Terri, is that 'May Night' veronica? I can see how lovely that is. Hello Lana, you've a good start on the season. I can't believe that winter is behind us. All in a sudden it's hot again.
Perennual muscari, or 'grape hyacinch' in my bulbs garden.
Kim

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Hi kim, I don't know the exact name of it!
Nice to have a big planting area for your bulbs, they look lovely so many all together. I used to have grape hyacinth but they disappeared one year!!
Hope we get a bit of sunshine tomorrow.

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Terri, what's the pinkish flowers behind veronica. . .phlox? Love the cottage feel to your garden.

Hi Kim, I'm so glad spring is here as well.

Oh Hi Karma, didn't see you there!
It's called Red valerian, comes back every year and it spreads!
Glad you like the cottage feel, organised chaos! my neighbours garden is very tidy and ordered in rows, not my style!
Have you planted out any of your seedlings yet?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.