CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 9

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sorry haven't commented. lol. Busy, busy, busy and keeping posts to minimal. Nice pics of the artwork. Not something I would have around but is interesting to look at.

Just got off work little over an hour ago after working over 11 hrs. Lots of people and plus lots of set ups at the beginning and end. My coworker was in a bad wreck last Sunday so she can't lift heavy stuff. I had to do all that for her. It worked out fine though. I would do that and she did other stuff so we could stay ahead of the game.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Quoting:
I can prob put them someonwhere else if you'd prefer :)

Please explain ? I don't quite understand .

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey TARogers5... those cannas look really nice... lots of work there getting that grass out. Are those Canna Australias I see there? I have two of them and they are barely 3 ft tall while everything else around them is 5 to 6 ft!

I am about to drop dead... worked 14 hours yesterday and 13 1/2 today... have to work tomorrow same hours too. On my feet all day. Oh, what we do for the money to play with!

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I meant if you wanted I could post them somewhere else if you didn't want to show your work on DG. Do you post your stuff on other groups you belong to?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Good to see you Tammie!
Goodnight y'all!

This was the 40th BD Breakfast Party in the park today .
These 4 always play up when ever they get together .

Thumbnail by ginger749

This is a Pic. of a ROSE between four THORNS !
Just don't tell them I said That .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

TARogers5, Welcome to this thread- it runs at a breadneck pace, but jump in anytime. Love your cannas. Mulch is a requirement, here in the high desert plains. Without it, the only thing that to survive would be the weeds!
Kell, such a ladies man! Good news for Oz, Cadel Evans is in 2nd place in the tour, and looking quite good. If not a win, at least a podium finish, barring bad joss.
T, letting the mind wander into the gutter can always be a good thing! ; ) It's animal instinct, isn't it!? Being a man, and having been a sailor for 15 years- well, 'nough said there!! LOL
Pep and LL, I can empathize with you. It's summer, so in the concrete biz, that means upper 50's to 60 hours/week. Fortunately, law max's out at 70, and the building boom has calmed down some. Now, if we could do something about this heat and wind!
Don't know if I mentioned here, but have 8 'mater plants that are covered in fruit. Only a matter of time to turn read. Yeah!!!

Hey Paul your maters sound good .
With our first time ever frost last week .
I'm sad to say our vegie patch is looking a tad sad .

Floods in England .
Storms in Poland .

WHAT IS MN up to ???

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Ones in bed are listed from Horn Canna Farm.
Tropicanna, Red King Humbert and Florence Vaughn are in another bed.

Standard
Rosemound Cole
Black Knight

Collector
Striped Beauty
Dawn Pink
Journeys End
Tropical Sunrise
Cleopatra

Special
Pretoria

Roger ,
I still dream of getting a Black Knight one day .
I'm still trying to figure out where exactly in US you are ?
If I post up a Map can you put a red dot on it so I might know ?

Yall know what Gourds are ???
I found a S*#@&!! load here .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Live on the Texas Oklahoma border between Dallas and OK city. Lake Texoma on the eastern side Texoma State Park

OK , Now I'm with you .
Are there any Cliff faces in Texoma State Park ?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

ginger749 you will have to go into the bird housr business

Ted

Thumbnail by TARogers5

Sorry Ted ,
I've been calling you Roger .
Your last Pic looks similar to the Canna that starts THIS thread .
Very impressive .
Is that in the Bed you pictured earlier ?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Not even a big hill. LOL
This is what it looks like now. Road access to my house LOL

Thumbnail by TARogers5

I take it from your Pic you won't be needing to water the garden for a bit ?

I snapped this in the garden yesterday .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Now that is a beaut. What is it and will it grow here.
Was going to pull some vine out until I found out what it was. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/751085/

I'm 98% sure it's a type of day lilly .
Will try to get a more accurate name from old tags .

Another Pic. from BBQ breakfast in the park .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Ted, I like the looks of that vine. Looks like y'all have some pretty major flooding there, hope everyone's ok.

Kell, that looks like a siberian iris? maybe some kinda iris? We grew a bunch of gourds one year and still have a lot...they last a long time. Looks like y'all had fun at the party.

Do anyone else's cannas get tall and flop over? It's probably lack of sun but I can't move them...lol

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Ginger I love all the flowers in that photo.
Would be tough to pick the best. LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Holy moly, that is alot of water TAR !!!

Ginger, lovely flower - is it iris?

well, we are off to beach - I will miss you guys and look forward to catching up when I get back next Sunday!

xoxo
Tracy

Any one know where Laguna Saco is ?

Here it is . http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Moto GP starts right now .

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 11:26 AM

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 11:27 AM

This message was edited Jul 23, 2007 11:27 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, anybody here? Did Kell get sucked into motoland forever?

vadap I nearly missed your post....lol....the beach where I grew up was crawling with military, we're close to both Cherry Point and Ft. Bragg. My mind pretty much stays in the gutter --I know I have to be careful in this 'family friendly' atmosphere, though ;)

I'm here. Not doing much. Finally got caught up in Tropical. Been out of there for awhile trying to catch up on other forums that all of a sudden jumped in replies. lol. I kept Carol informed though so she wouldn't worry and to pass the word around if anyone asked.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, good to know you're checking in, pepper, I suppose everyone else is well :)

I was outside earlier weeding one of my iris beds and Curly decided to help by chasing my hands. lol. I got revenge by putting my grubby hands all over him. LOL. I still only have one canna blooming, have pic of it finally but my dad still has camera. The others are growing. No leafrollers either.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, I've got plenty of canna blooms but also a few leaf rollers, too. Guess it's time to get out the soap and water...lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Too eery quiet here for me. Red, I hope you're enjoying your vacation :)

Awhile Back I asked these questions but then they got lost in the thread (ADHD)--we already heard from duckmother, pepper and Red, but not from Tammie, Kell, or vadap. When y'all get the time, what's your favorite?

color?
food?
Alcoholic beverage (did we do this already ?)
place you've visited?
flower?
plant?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

13 1/2 hr day yesterday with a 10.5 hr turnaround today! I love my job... Questions, oh the joy, so here are some answers
color blue
food meat(burger, steak, mexican, chinese-but must have meat) I can do a veg dish no prob, but I'm a carnivore, like my ancestors)
Alcohol Rum, Guinness(only properly served) Killians Red
Place Not Egypt! Singapore, SW Ireland, Alaska, Diego Garcia(sorry, no tourists)
Flower Any large rose on a dewy morning, Texas Blue bonnets
Plant Blackberry and Huckleberry bushes (ok, I'm still on the first question)
Hope your happy now! LOL

LOL Yes, we are happy now!!!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you so much, sir! lol

Rum, yeah, lol. Guiness served properly--is on tap or black & tan?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

B&Ts are tasty, but no. Must use a nitrogen push, versus the standard american CO2(gas used to push beer from keg to tap) and served at room temp(abt 72*) versus chilled like american beer. Drinking cold Guinness is like drinking cold coffee- YUK! It's a meal in a glass!!!

Poor solitary Canna .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, hey ginger, so happy to see you!Sorry about your big freeze, but how rewarding that flower must have been. Been busy diggin all day, still not done yet.

What's everyone up to? I'm trying to get the soil ready in a few places for some new gingers....yep, exciting.

vadap, it sounds like it might be hard to order a Guiness like that around here..lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.