gotta go try and get rest, haven't been sleeping well past couple of weeks

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Yes T. !
There are NO DANISH Jews .

edit spill

This message was edited Jul 19, 2007 12:55 PM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry, I had to wait around for that one..lol
How the heck am I supposed to know? lol--we don't exactly have a great deal of Jews in North Carolina, either

I'm too tired, anyone could say anything and mess w/ my head about now...sign it's time for bed ;)

nite, y'all

Don't let the bed bugs bight .

Any one know what these plants are .
Could they be Green Swans ???

Thumbnail by ginger749

Do you guys have these Dispensers in US ???
Poop Bags .
All we have to do is teach ppl to use them .

Thumbnail by ginger749
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

You mean they have them out in public for anyone with a dog to use? Here, they would be stolen in under 10 minutes.. most likely by jerks who don't even own a dog.

... those ribs look WONDERFUL! Wish I had been there to help you polish them off.

Tammie

(see, I am still around and reading)

Hi Tammie ,
How is work going ?

Yes you got it ,
Those dispensers are out on the streets .

There are some ribs left over .
You are welcome to them . Kell

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

We have those poop dispensers around here, in the parks, campsites, public areas. what are those plants Kell?

I think I have the picture thing figured out now.... I'm ok with it. I'm resistant to change at first unless its my idea, but I can adapt. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, I'm still not crazy anout it, sometimes the images are too big or whatever, but dave's just playing around with some new ideas

I picked up my graffiti artwork (the Ali record) in a weird random place in town today, I love it.

This is why I've spent so much time on here, can't even watch TV...it's blurry, of course

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

Hey T.
Is all your DG stuff taking Eeextra long to load today ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OH, yeah, about to hang it up, though.

But my dmail folders are right again, so that's good.

Red , I HATE change when it is just for change sake .
I say leave well enough alone .

If it aint broke , Don't fix it .
I think it's cost cutting by DG .
Why else stuff around with it ?

T.
Try using your flash for your indoor Pics.
They are very blurry . Or Is my eye sight failing ? lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, don't make me have to go ahead and pay your subscription for the next couple of years so you'll have nothing to do but joke and be happy, cause I'll do it! lol

They're getting so much flack already, so lets see what happens :)

OK T.
Your soothing voice is working on me .
When I was organising Big walks / Climbs .
There was always some one winging about something .
So I purposely left him / her off my list .

Neet looking Topias Hey ?

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Heehee,

Not going to leave you off the list or anything, we all miss you when you're gone, you know?

Ever thought about your OH being on here? Bet she's got some great stories to tell :)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

COOL! I was trying to explain a plant that was used for TOPIARY, and could not think of the word for my life until I saw your pic.

gotta go y'all, talk later :)

Well well ! Poor EE .
After walking around my Kingdom this morning .
I discovered we have had a bad frost .
The morning NEWS said it was the worst in 45 years .
We normally don't get frost up at the house .
Only down on the river flats .
We have been here for 29 years and this is the first time .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

They'll recover just fine, the trunks still look really healthy. You'll lose the top foliage (trim off the dead parts-some more may die off), and it may take a bit to see new leaves, but they'll pull through.

That's Xanthosoma sagitofolia (sp?), right? The roots look established and are probably strong enough.

And you're too lucky to have only had frost once in 29 years :)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Kell, yours might be violacem (I know I'm not gettting the spelling right on these..lol)---but anyway, it seems Xanthosomas are hardy to at least zone 9---a good bit below freezing weather, so you're safe.

Hey, does anyone know how to save a thread, I see people talk about this but don't know how to do it?

Both Tropicannas are also affected .

What do you mean ? Save a thread ?
Do you mean it's contents ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL, Tropicannas are tough, they don't like cold, but they can survive it :)

Welcome to the world the rest of us that aren't in paradise face every winter, my friend! :) Imagine having several months of frost with those tropicals. I'm not trying to minimize how you feel right now, but my cannas and elephant ears, gingers...all my tropicals freeze their butts off every year and come back healthy and fine.

It will be fine, it does suck to see a hard freeze on tender plants, but where you are it will take no time to start looking good again.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, like a thread for reference. I've seen people talking about saving threads and looked thru all the FAQ's, but can't find anything

Don't know if I've posted this, but here's the nicest looking part of my favorite bed---most of this stuff will freeze and come back but some will go into the greenhouse

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

I missed seeing all the frost cause I was on this Puter till 9 am .
I have heard you can water the tender plants
and save them getting frost bight .
I have been cutting fire wood all morning .
Looks like a Pot Belly fire tonight .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I've heard of people putting buckets on stuff---I just try to get mine somewhere warmer if possible in the fall to avoid all that

Other side of the world stuff is wild---the thought of frost and fire is actually kinda nice when it was in the 90's again today---but I bet you're ready for summer!

T. On your top tool bar there is a word ( Edit )
Click it and then when it drops down , click on Select All .
All the words will then go blue .
Right click on a blue part and click on Copy .
Now open ' Microsoft Word ' and on a Word page right click and press save . And it will appear . Then press save .

It gets cold Up in the Mountains ,
But not usually here on the Coast ..

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OH---oh well, I don't want to have to save it as a word doc on my pc, I thought it was some kinda deal you could do like your favorites.

But really, thanks for your efforts :)

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, it's funny, even where I grew up on the coast here in NC the weather is very much warmer than compared to our mtns. It's about a 7 hour drive from one to the other and you go from zone 6b to 8a-b.

I've seen so little snow though :(

Only when I was in college in the mtns did I ever get to really have some good snow

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Tropic, if you are wanting to watch a whole thread like this one, just click on Watch Thread at the top of the thread or right below the last post. Below the last post you have 4 options- one is watch/unwatch thread.

You want snow come here in the winter time. We don't get as much as nothern states but we always get one good snowfall. This year we got both snow and ice. That was crazy. lol. Crazy weather this year. Never seen anything like it and in the midwest normal is unusual. lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

pepper, thanks, I've got us on watch--I guess I misunderstood how people were saving things--my imagination is vivid and I pictured this elaborate organizational system..lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Here we only get enough to make people panic, forget how to drive, and hoard up all the bread and milk from the grocery stores...lol

Sleeding is so fun---we have 2 just in case ...yeah right
Snowball fights and snowmen are fun, and snow fairies, snow cream, you can't help but love that....ahhhh....it feels cooler already

lol. Sometimes it seems that way. Then someone makes it simple for you. lol

If you want to save a pic or a certain post, there is a small folder on the upper right hand screen. I have never used it but I guess you open the folder and click on what you want to save. Supposed to be really easy but like I said I never use it. lol.

I love to go sledding, have snowball fights, and build snowmen. But no fairies or angels. lol. Snow gets in my clothes and makes me cold too soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.