CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 9

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am still digging my new iris bed. Slowly but surely it is getting done. It is really hard to do in this heat so I am doing what I can and not pushing too hard. I am just digging it up and turning the dirt over so hopefully the grass will die and I can leave it there. Then I will have to break up all the clumps and make it slope again so water can run down away from the house. I have 12 irises to get planted. lol.

I only have one canna blooming, have pic of it but it is on the camera and my dad has the camera. lol.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

This one is Pink .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty Kell, it doesn't look frost bitten at all :)

This Pic. was taken near Townsville through the week .
Townsville is 1500 kilometers north of me .
No winter frost there .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

So when is winter over for you?

Mid August if MN is in a good mood .
But our winter is a mild affair compared to others .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmmm....August...when is your birthday again?

With all those pretty palms and heliconias it must be a mild winter, you are so fortunate

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey everyone ! Sounds like all of you have been very busy ... we got home today, I have a fever of 100 and am not feeling so fantastic right now. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Beautiful canna Ginger - mine have grown, but no blooms yet :(

Pepper, how big of an iris bed? Take it easy, the heat can really wear you out.

Hi Red ,
4 Quick beers will cure any fever .
Get well soon .
Looking forward to your pics .

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/753698/

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh ty Ginger, I am having a glass of wine - I think I'll need to go to bed early and sleep sleep sleep. I slept not much at the beach..... I won't be sharing a house with another family anytime soon, I learned my lesson - I feel like I was the maid and cook for the week.

Pity you coulden't charge for your services .

Red, it is big enough for 14 different kinds if irises with space to put out new rhizomes. I got the borders all dug, now have to dig the inside and break up the grassy clumps too. I will post pics when done.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Red, hope you feel better soon, glad to have you back!

pepper, wow, you mucst have a bit of room. I'm going to try and grow some of the nicer kinds for the first time this year.

ginger, I thought you were a Leo...it says December (Christmas eve, I think) on your profile...what now?

Ginger doesn't know when his b-day is. LOL.

Trop, I have to make room. My dad enjoys mowing but where I have now put the bed it is kinda hard to mow. So my mom said get some iris and put them there. I have to dig it out by hand since my dad is using the excuse that there are lots of tree roots near the surface. Haven't encountered any yet.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm making beds the lazy way--pile some newspaper, cardboard, grass clippings....let them decompose....digging is so much easier ...lol

I've found iris is one thing that will grow with no maintenance on a problem spot...dry bank...I have

ginger, I'm going to go ahead and wish you a happy birthday...and go find where you said when it was

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK, now I know :)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Christmas Eve? Are you Santa Claus?

the iris bed sounds great Pepper - I hope your Dad likes it when you're done ! :)

Every day is a great day to me .
When I wake up and "I AM BREATHING" It's a good day .
Birth days only happen once in a life time . lol What's all the fuss ???

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You didn't seem like the type to try and hide your birthday, Kell, that's all. I was thinking of burning a couple cd's for you, but need your address :)

At 72 , BD's don't mean a lot .
What I used to do All Day now takes me all day to do .

Send me an Email & I'll send you my addy .

This message was edited Jul 31, 2007 6:04 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL, normally I keep that kind of stuff around, but the BF has been onto me about throwing things away...sending you a mail

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Had to share this picture...it's the cabin at my daughter's summer camp (you have to see it full view). I had nothing to do with it, but thought it was funny. ;)

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ha ha ha ha - very funny Tropic !!!!

Ginger, there you go about your age again!! I could have sworn that you were only in your 60s. Wasn't it like 62, 65? 89?? LOL

Here is that Thursday Grave yard again .
Guess it's time for another Camp .
Mt. Barney , Here I come .

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, ginger, hope you have a blast....I thought you were much younger, too...sure act like it. lol

I had company, my truck needed me for a moment, and a major bridge collasped so I was watching the news on that.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I saw the pictures of the bridge this morning, how terrible! I can't imagine feeling a bridge collapsing while you're driving across it - how horrifying is that.

Has anyone driven on that bridge/ I35W?

Never been to that state.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Posted along msg a couple of days ago, but lost it and was to ticked off to attempt again, plus bed was calling(I love getting up at 4 am, I love my job.......). Hope you had fun on the rocks, Kell.

I did about 4 or 5 years ago. Was stuck in rush hour traffic, so wasn't appreciating any scenery. Was trying to get to NW Minnesota, then across Dakotas, Wyoming and home. Went through the Black Hills about a week after Sturgis. Glad I missed that yuppie nightmare!!! I now for a fact that there are plenty of bridges here in Denver that I never feel safe driving across, because I've done work under them! Very scary!! There is a simple solution- quit taking highway money to put into high vis, feel good things and fix the dang roads. Plus, most roads these days are so over engineered, it's insane. If our forefathers had to do what we go through today, we wouldn't have an interstate system. Off to bed, goodnight all.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

nighty-nite vadap.... good point btw

Ginger hope you are having fun !!

*I know there are a couple of Big Brother fans here - I have the live feeds, if you want to know who won the HOH endurance comp just let me know ! :)

K - going to clean this house today, am feeling much better

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

vadap--sounds like a rough job, hope you're getting comp'ed for your time.

Red...who won, I must know!

I worked all day came home, went to town and got my truck and am beat. Have to work tomorrow also but won't have to be in til noon. But I work til 6-7pm. It is in the 80s now but the humidity was so high today most gardeners went home early. We were down to bare bones.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Tropicanna, sorry so long - i was gone all day you prob already know.. sorry to everyone for this bb updated

DANIELLE won the HOH comp it was down to Jessica, Jen, Kail and Dani then Jessica dropped
and then Jen was disqualified -for lifting her head too high I think?-. Dani told Kail she was safe and Kail dropped. In real time they did the nominations today, Danielle nominated Jen and Kail (as a pawn) if one comes off she wants to backdoor Eric (as she figured out he's the one doing the crazy votes)

We had fun at the new Ikea store today.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks Red, BB is one of my guilty pleasures.....I think I could actually win that one...lol...I'd be so insane after living with a bunch of strangers at the end of the summer I don't think the oney would help much. I think I'd have driven that Jen girl out by now, personally.

So who's your favorite?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol - my guilty pleasure as well... you know, I can't say I really "like" any of those people ??? why do I even watch this show!! Least favorites are easier : Kail, Dustin, Jen I don't even want to see them. I was a big Janelle fan, it's more fun when there is someone to cheer for.

*If we're on the show together, we can be in the 'garden alliance'

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

That's so funny, Janelle deserved the money, shame she never won. And we don't really like anyone either this year, but I guess my favorite is (juvenile laughter approaching) Dick.

You probably watch it for the same reason I do...there's nothing on in the summer. Hmmmm....maybe we should look into going on the show Red...have a secret alliance....lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh, i'm cheering for Evil as well (why ? he's terrible) I loved Janie, she sooo deserved the win (both years !)

Okay, they've had the veto comp if you want to know **** don't ever get the feeds, they are so addicting - I check on those stupid hamsters too much!

Tomorrow, definitely working outside !

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

You two are sick. Need to commune with nature more. LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Happy Birthday dear.....somebody really cool...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

....and MANY MORE!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.