Show us your Reds & pinks.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, an alstromeria from seed... color me impressed! :-)

I don't know that Elmer the Gnome appreciated the pretty pink blooms on my new variegated Wiegela...

Thumbnail by critterologist
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

My little 'Wine and Roses' Weigela is more his size... but it will grow! (I've been cheering it on.)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Here is my pink Hibiscus..
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

azalea (& lunaria)

Thumbnail by wind

Fuchsia hybrid "dark eyes"
we have two large hanging baskets on the side of our porch

a robin nested in one ~ 3 fledglings :)

Thumbnail by wind
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill, the Alstroemeria was wintersown.

BTW, variegated Wiegela florida will get HUGE! Mine is easily 6ft tall & wide! It's a gorgeous shrub!

Beautiful Wind! I love your pink & blue combos!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Here you can see part of it in bloom.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Susan: Pretty pink hardy Hibiscus. Do you know which variety it is?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OOh, Shirley, that gives my Weigela something to aspire to! Mine is at the outer corner of a bed, so I'm pretty sure there's room for it to get huge... there are a couple of things (lilies, veronica) planted a bit too close in terms of its mature size, but nothing that can't be easily moved in a couple of years. :-)

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Wind........the azalea and lunaria work well together.

Pink bee balm....

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Shirley,
No I am sorry I really dont but if you want seeds let me know ok? I have some from lastyear but will be getting fresh this year again...
Susan

...getting so many ideas from everyones fantastic pics THANKS! I luv the choc drop coleus, the indian chief iris, and the tropical hibiscus! I think the million bells may have been mismarked as "terra cotta" ~ the terra cotta is more a mustard yell. Alstomeria is my fav cut flower yet we've never grown it! I'll get out and take more pics of our pinks & reds...here is a photo of our cat snoops with some red dahlias taken a few yrs back :)

Thumbnail by wind

Thanks Jill! A word to the wise, it's best to move a plant or bulb while it is still young and before it's developed a massive root system. It's also easier on one's back!

Beautiful pink Bee Balm! Perfect for in coming hummers & of course bees.

Susan: Thanks so much for the Hardy Hibiscus seed offer. These would germinate beautifully via the wintersowing method, but I'm just completely out of space!

wind: Beautiful kitty photo with the lovely red Dahlias!

Petunia supertunia hybrid raspberry blast ~ we have it in a hanging basket with white cascade, blue ensign and sky blue morning glory

sorry I couldn't get a good photo that shows the 2-tone raspberry swirl but here is a link for it http://www.provenwinners.com/plants/detail.cfm?photoID=8265&&

Thumbnail by wind
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Wind... That is 'Terra Cotta'. I bought the plants (four in all) indidvidually, and potted up the hanging basket myself. It was more yellow earlier in the season, when it was sitting out in the sun all the time. 'Terra Cotta' tends to blooms more red if not out in full sun, or receiving little light, as mine has been for nearly two months. They did major renovations on my apt building, and I had to keep bringing everything in off my balcony, and then making them sit all over my living room with no light for days at a time... over and over again! I have seen 'Terra...' do this in the past as well, as I have kept baskets of it for years (I love it so! I have most colors in various pots). It even self seeds for me, and I get volunteers coming up all the time in pots from the year before.

Karen

BTW, love the dahlias with your cat! Dahlia is my mom's favorite flower. She planted 63 this year! Whew!!!

first time we had our hens & chicks (sempervivum) bloom ~ don't know the cultivar ~ sent up a tall stalk; strange I know but it's sort of pink!

Thumbnail by wind

close up

Thumbnail by wind

That is interesting about the terra cotta changing color like that! I love it too, one of my favorites :)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Lots of gorgeous flowers! I can't compare wit this crowd. I think my portrait of this zinnia turned out nice.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Salmon is one of my likes, critter, you can unload some on me.
This petunia is sold as Flambe Salmon but it looks boring pink to me. If I read plantfiles first I would have saved myself 79 cents on the seed.

Thumbnail by sallyg

This picture isn't very good, but I am very pleased with this homegrown red japanese maple, holding its scarlet color. There's a devil's walking stick behind it, which will get an awesome bunch of red berries in fall. I think its a great plant if you can stay away from the stickers.

Oops] forgot the picture! well, you're not missing anything! just a five foot tall tree, that's still in a gangly stage and needs to keep growing before I can shape it up some.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 7:48 PM

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

The battery in my camera died before I could finish, but here's what I was able to grab:

Oriental Lily x-otica

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Dwarf Nasturtium Cherry Rose Jewel

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Monarda (past peak bloom)

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

whatjamacallit

oh yeah, rose of sharon ...

This message was edited Jul 8, 2007 10:49 AM

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Echinacea, getting ready to poop out ...

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

tall phlox

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Another Oriental lily stargazer

This message was edited Jul 8, 2007 10:50 AM

Thumbnail by wrightie
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Shirley, that alstromeria was started in '07? I started some as well, but they're not close to flowering yet. 2007 has been a weird year for my plants - lots of stunted growth around here...

Crozet, VA

Just Lovely!!!! Each and every one of them. I am going to try to post some pics this morning. Will have to see what I have that is red or pink. Thank all of you for sharing. Job, well done!!!

Ruby

Crozet, VA

Just look a the red bird John found in our front bed one morning.

Ruby

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

Some reds.

Ruby

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

Another red.

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

Some reds and pinks from last year.

Thumbnail by rubyw
Crozet, VA

We will call this coral, this time. ha-ha I will call it peach at other times.

Ruby

Thumbnail by rubyw

really nice photos :) I love the oriental lily x-otica ~ our oriental lilies were a bust this year and I'm not sure why. Some the tops died off and a few days ago what looked like a healthy lily just snapped in half...tipped right over :(

this is asiatic lollypop lily, our first year with them...they didn't get very tall at all, just a foot or so

Thumbnail by wind

Eastern Purple Coneflower, Echinacea pupurea

Thumbnail by wind

beautiful pics- I don't have much in bloom right now, not well planned eh?
wrightie that rose of sharon looks like the medium pink one> I see so many lavendar and white but I think I finally had a pink sprout up and been watching it. not bloomed yet this summer.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally, the description is that it gets 6-8' tall and is called 'Satin Violet'. To my eye, it is pink not violet.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/140627/

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ruby... that's a very interesting red bird you have there in your front yard! I like to do a little bird watching, and I've never seen that variety around here! LOL! Do you know the name of the species???

;-)

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.