JUNE THREAD 2007

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just make new thread for June 2007

Also, I got 6' x 8' Enthusiast Greenhouse with free 8' x 8' green shade Solar lighting today from shipping... Ya! Ya! So, I have to decide where I put! lol...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Caseyville, IL(Zone 6a)

Congratulations, Rusty! When we moved into this house 10 years ago my DH gave me a choice of a geenhouse or an above ground pool. I chose the pool thinking he would relent and then I'd have both,but he didn't and every spring I wish I'd chosen the greenhouse. So I'm really happy for you,but I'm also jealous!!LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Congrats on the greenhouse!! If I had it my way my house would be a greenhouse but have been told to quit bringing home all the free plants since there is no place to put them. I ignore them of course. lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Wonder to know what name of this weed plant? Pretty pink flower.

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Looks like wild rose as I call it or Lenton Rose. Could be wrong though. We have it in our prarie at work.

Caseyville, IL(Zone 6a)

Looks like something in the mallow familyor hollyhock, how big is it?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

about 4 foot tall (it different height)

I agree with mas. Being that tall it's probably in that family.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just find out in website and look at the plant... Yup! It's hollyhock...

http://www.naz.edu:9000/~grnhouse/Alcea/hollyhock.html

I just almost get rid of this plant so I save it and get some hollyhock seeds...

Thanks...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Light pink flower:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Rusty - congrats on the new greenhouse. If you need some stock to help fill it, stop bywhen you're passing through Springfield. The truth is 99% of people who put up greenhouses want a bigger one within a year or two. Of course with energy costs going through the roof, there's a natural (and significant) disincentive.
Enjoy,
Dave.

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I forgot to mention - the Greenhouse forum has lots of threads on putting up and maintaining one. You will find great information there.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I thought the folage and bloom looked a lot like a hollyhock. I have them in lots of colors. I do hope the true yellow from Nebraska Jewel comes back this year. I'm watching where it was and it hasn't gotten very large or started to bloom yet this spring. I have just a few blooms.

Congratulations on the green house. That looks so nice and inviting to be used asap. I think they are good not heated, just used as a place to hold potted perennials & for starting cool temp plants aren't they? I would think that would be the case anyway. I know one local nursery has a small hoop house that they cover heavily with white plastic during the winter to hold over some plants not sold the previous season. I don't think it is ever heated.

The yard looks pretty good until you start getting close to the beds and see the weeds and grasses growing back faster than I can keep them killed or pulled out. All those seeds that fell the past 10 - 20 years are popping up like crazy with all the nice nighttime showers and sunny days we are having. Some showers come during the day but don't last very long and then it is nice and sunny again. I need to get the plastic and newspapers down this week. And wipe some large areas with paint brushes dipped in herbicides before they can go to seed again this year.

I'm getting sleepy. Time to go to bed. GOD bless and keep each of you.

Caseyville, IL(Zone 6a)

I wish they would just quit predicting rain.This was the third day in a row that I didn't hang out my laundry because of the forcast which was wrong.

Fulton, MO

Rusty, I would like to second Digital_Dave's invitation to join us on the GH forum. Greenhouse gardening brings a different kind of satisfaction and a different set of challenges!

SB

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Last night, I saw first of fireflies flying! I know I has see already... Here come the fireflies and hope kids will like it to catch with the jar!

I can't use any of poison on Mother's Nature... I try use the plastic this time and hope I can put new greenhouse this late summer and my house need paint soon before rain hit again this week maybe...
And inside need paint too but I haven't unpacked almost a year! Cause of my health and business with Taxi! I hope they will help me paint my home from outside and inside... Also I did rent 3 storages it been about same as year! I have to do something.

It take my time to all the junks! All of belong to my mom's antiques and furnitures.

I hope cross my fingers & toes to get all done this year. I gonna go on road trip again in August for Mother Road and my old family reunion in Illinois. (That where my mom's birthplace.)

I haven't start any seeds this year and I got melons growing now that I put in compost in metal trash can!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Congrats on the greenhouse Rusty. Look forward to seeing pics of it once you fill it all up. lol

I too saw fireflies (lightning bugs as we call them here) just a couple of nights ago. Not many yet, but they are out there. Reminds me so much of 4th of July as a kid.

I'm with masgard on the weather forecasters. As I tell my husband....."what's the forecast? Rain. Welcome to Kansas!" lol We have gotten 3.2" in 3 days (Wed-Fri). Yesterday was without rain thankfully. I have a few trades to dig but it's so darned wet and mucky in some of my beds when I try to dig. I did manage to squeeze in a few plants y'day afternoon. So very wet, but at least I could turn the soil...errrrrrr....clay. No rain forecast for today, so I'll get out and get some trades dug for shipping on Monday.

Here was my backyard on Wed as the rain let up. 2" in under an hour left me with 10-1/2" at the deepest point. Ground is so saturated it has no where to drain to when it's coming down that hard. I just had the sod laid Saturday, after pool construction, and some of it was floating just above the soil. You can see 1 piece that's yellowish looking by the blue flag on the right of the pic that is floating. sigh..... My 5-yr old keeps singing "rain, rain, go away..." bless her heart, she just wants to swim and play outside.

Thumbnail by langbr
Caseyville, IL(Zone 6a)

langbr, did you say pool or lake was installed?LOL. That is so frustrating, it just leaves you with such a helpless feeling 'cause there's nothing you can do.Pray.This spring has been so wierd here, every time I think the ground is just about workable either it rains or someone in my family has a crisis that takes me away from home.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Well we are on septic too so it's very nerve racking. We have a septic alarm that alerts us when the water level get too high in the tank....with rains like these we're hearing the alarm go off after a couple of inches of steady rain.

I never thought of it as a lake AND a pool!!!! The pool is just left of the picture I posted. I've been considering putting in a bog garden in the area in the photo. Looks like a prime site this time of year but come July/August it's pretty dry. I had sprinkler/drip lines installed in the backyard as part of the pool construction so I think I'm gonna try the bog garden. Figure if the plants start to suffer I can always turn on the sprinkler system in that area a bit longer.

We've been in this house 2 yrs this past February and I have visions of all that green becoming a veggie garden (outside the fence) and iris, daylily, rose, dahlia and assorted perennial raised beds inside and outside the fence in the sideyards. My mom keeps reminding me it doesn't have to transform overnite....I've got a lot of years to work on it. As a child of the 70's/80's tho I want it all right now. he he he he

Caseyville, IL(Zone 6a)

Rusty, where in Illinois are you going?langbr, you may have to consider a bog if all of your sod drowns!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I going to Perioa area (Morton, Eureka, Metamora and some city where my old family live before....

Then go on Route 66 to Chicago... I never touch Chicago yet....

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Beep, beep

Drive by ....

Had to show you my Peruvian Daffodils I planted in the middle of a pot of coleus.

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

a closeup

=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

That's a cute combo.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh! (waving)... Just cruise by! lol..

Nice shape and beautiful flower I never seen!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry too long time and my health is not good this time that I has my right shoudler been kill me alot and I think it something hurt me alot that I move around too much... I has been in pain for almost a week ( I hate to see DR! and can't afford the bill!)

So, I got 2 daylilies from Wayneside Garden which is hemerocallis 'Spanish Glow'...
The label said " I'm Not Dead - I'm Dormant!" I am a dormant bareroot plant, which means that I'm "sleeping" right now. Dormancy is the best time to ship plants, because we need less water and fresh air. To wake me up, just follow the instructions enclosed with your order. I'll be up and growing before you know it! ..... Very nice to heard what the label said lol!...

So, I try to get my house paint but more raining coming up ahhhhh! Make the raining STOP! lol... I just pass the bad storm other day! Whew! I never forget what happening few years ago I was in Trenton that time tornado came by about 5 miles....I got so panic that without no power! I get easy panic no power so I got good generator last after icy storm no problem!

On the new greenhouse which I did order the 6 achors for to hold the greenhouse down that it won't blow off for sure....but I still wait for the order by end of June! Sheesh so long time to wait for achors...

Rusty got full of fleas! Oh man, this is 2 times to give him bath again and try to spraying on front and back yard but raining is on way soon...

Well, I hope my right shoudler get heal soon if not wait little bit longer...

Have a great day!
Rusty ~ Anna

http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&mainPage=LGprodview&ItemId=44672&cid=wem000459

Rusty has fleas and my cat Whiskers has worms. Poor pets. lol

I just saw the daylily. I now have to convince myself I don't need it!! LOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It was on sale buy one and get 1 free!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, last year, I has kitty which it free but I didn't check for fleas from my friend so I told my friend that kitty got full of fleas! So, I'm very mad and hate to get rid of kitty again so right now I have to get rid of my carpet out! I can't stand it! Too much work for me all the fleas chemicals!

LOL. Don't you hate it when stuff like that happens? Are you replacing carpet with carpet or getting hardwood?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I am not replace the carpet just only hardwood this time and I make some big braided rugs...

That's the best way to go. Easier to clean.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I final got all full blooms and took this pic of daylilies!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

What kind of this ugly huge mushroom! lol... I won't eat this!
It's about 9 inches...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

I can't wait til my daylilies bloom. I have some unknowns I got from work last year and want to see their colors.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I got real bad downpour raining and flooding street for an hr!

Here's Rusty go outside and enjoy raining! lol..

See how bad is flooding my back yard! (sheesh!)

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Front yard:

Flooding street! It so awfully to see that road!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Near Railroad track & flooding:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I final got package of 6 Easy Hook Anchors to hold the greenhouse...

http://www.4seasongreenhouse.com/eagle-ground-anchor-system-p-605.html

http://www.4seasongreenhouse.com/eagle-ground-anchor-system-p-828.html

This message was edited Jun 12, 2007 6:19 PM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.