JUNE THREAD 2007

Sedalia, MO

Where is leaf lady? Haven't heard from her in awhile, hope all is well with her. Have you seen her pepper?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, I have and she is doing well. I just saw her around 2pm at work when she was just leaving. She looked really tired and hot but otherwise looked good. Send her a d-mail letting her know you are thinking of her. She will like that.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

This is the first time the computer has been on all week. I've been battling some depression and emotional problems. Jack has been gone 6 months today. The anniversaries of the last week he was alive are always hard. The issues with the boys haven't helped any.

I've done a LOT of weeding this week. That means many barrelsful of leaves of wet plant mater that doesn't wan t to burn yet. I've done as much as I can but ony the really dry ones will burn.

Nothing much to report. My sleeping pill is working great so I'll close and wish you all GOD's blessings.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It been past few days! I was little bit heal up on my shoudler and hip which I stop take medicine for bone desinty is bad for my health that got chest pain and feel like someone stab my back! So, I did clean up in my attached garage for 4 hours I didn't work so hard take my time to move my tractor rider out! Put all my succulents outside not in full sun will cause easy sunburn on succulents' leaves... Under the shade is okay.

Last nite, Raining pourdown for an hr! Again today, too!

I feel again that not heal up my hips and got worst little bit pain sheesh! Hard to move my legs...I keep fight for it... I am really tough gal... It's really hurt like heck!

Daylilies getting buds now soon will be open this week I hope!

This early AM I was cooking for roasted garlic in oven and I notice something moving and it was baby slug in my kitchen floor! YUCK! I pick it up with fork but not kill it lol.... I took pic so small about 1 inch.
I put slug outside... No wonder how slug got in kitchen! I figure it from my plants...

I was clean up to get rid of fleas and gave Rusty a bath!

Hope all doing fine this time!

Rusty love eat roasted garlics! It help to get rid of fleas...

I try work on orchid cactus cutting...

Have a garderner day!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the baby slug:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Sedalia, MO

I would have put him outside with a little salt on him!

Me too!! lol

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I have a pretty good tolerance for most critters, but slugs or on my hit list. I know they have their place, but not near my bunny or garden. I go out on patrol each evening lately with a pair of scissors. Each time I see one out come the scissors and snip them in half. It kills the slugs and provides a feast for other small critters.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I have been so busy today to remove the carpets out of closet hallway, washer & dryer and back hallway...

I took pics of remove carpet out and still more foam it easy to remove but hate to get all the staple nails out then remove the edge nail up wood Ouch! Oh I just hate it! I final done closet hallway but nail wood to wait on last. I have to remove all the staple nails first.... Then work on other... Carpet in Living Room is all wood goody I can be happy this time but it take alot of work to sand floors! I feel happy no more fleas! (I haven't remove carpet in living room yet furnitures is out of my way! lol..) Some in bedroom I have to remove carpet sheesh... I hope it wood floors....I have 3 bedrooms to remove carpet if still good carpet...

I did plant some cutting in pots already and hope it grow roots will be in 6 to 8 wks in dark attached garage and get some light for 2 to 3 hrs...

I work on closet hallway to get some nails out... Nice wood floor!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I final got all the nails out in hallway... Alll of 3 bedrooms have hardwood! Oh boy! I have all the carpet remove too... Tomorrow, I going mop the hallway clean good...

I check on hollyhocks and there is so pretty colors - pink, dark pink, yellow and pink middle & white all round the edge...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Glad you have wood floors!!! I want some for our house but we may stick with carpet what with all the gravel and chunks of dirt we bring in.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Yellow:

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Pink;

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Look like purple (Dark Pink);

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, all the carpets in living room and 3 bedrooms have to remove cause I have alot of boxes is not unpacked yet! So, Worst part is I have to move the furnitures out my way also boxes too...

As I remember the date I start last time last year it happen I packed all the boxes I mean alot of boxes (more than about 150 boxes) and more junks & furniture at rent 3 storages I have to go all thru it... So, here goes again I has to unpacked boxes soon I can get all the carpet out...

P.S. I has final break through the heal shoulder and hip got better that I work on nails out all day. Hammer it! Remove nail out! No more Pains!

Have a happy gardeners!

This message was edited Jun 19, 2007 9:17 PM

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Rusty---- your better off having someone come in and refinsh those floors. I is very tricky to sand them. with those rental sanders.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I know about hardwood before... I has house up North in Brookfield, MO which I have good sander tool...

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I look up the calendar and it's Summer Solstice! And I drove around the town and it hit up to 93* today! Oh Jolly! I went home and keep inside to cool and turn on the A/C...

I work on bathroom to patch up the cracked wall and plan to paint...

It got to 87* at work when I was able to last check it then a breeze came in and cooled it down real good. I took advantage and went out and watered a negelcted section of the garden.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

This is my first time on the computer all week. My monitor died Monday night or Tuesday morning and I just go my new one up and going a bit ago. I got an new 19" Samsung flat screen at Staples. I had to take it back today to have the mounting device put into the bottom of the screen because it was too hard for me to do. The man there even said it was really hard to get in.

I really messed up what should have been a wonderful trip to Oz's with Pepper. Lots of emotional stresses this past few weeks and I just forgot that this was the day of the trip. And she drove so far to do this. I really feel badly about it. It would have been such a lovely day for the trip and I really needed the relaxation it would have brought.

The old Yard Pro is now on the trailer and ready to go in to the shop to be repaired. It has 2 or 3 problems and all will be fixed I hope before the week is over. Those this man has a reputation for being a bit slow. He also has a very good reputation for being a good mechanic and being reasonably priced. I really need it to pull the little trailer around with to do yarden work, etc.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Sorry I've not posted so much this past couple of weeks. Been busy wrapping up the ordering phase of my iris coop and been trying to catch up on planting an oversized buying imagination gone wild. I've managed to plant out a number of new perennials. Unfortunately, I was forced to pot several dahlias I got in a trade here on DG. But already after 2 days in the pot almost 5 out of 17 are poking up shoots through the potting mix.

As a collector of daylilies I've found myself out in the byard in my sleepwear checking out the day's new blooms. Luckily our neighbors are far enough away that they don't see the 'wacky' lady next door out early in the morning taking photographs everyday of her flowers. lol

I've been collecting the photos and posted them to a web album. If you're interested you can see them here at my web album, 2 Acres Gardens http://picasaweb.google.com/Brenda66061

Still fighting some medicine changes the doctor made that makes me a little edgy feeling in the afternoons. Hopefully my body adjusts to it or the doctor comes up with something that works but doesn't get me all agitated.

Still need to get the siberian iris I ordered in theDG coop in the ground. Trying to decide if the area I picked out is "damp" enough. Meanwhile i have them in a bucket of Watersorb crystals that I keep on the super-wet side. They seem to be be thriving in it, but need a permanent home soon.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I got all done with my bathroom paint already and it Clear Turquoise... So, I have 4 more rooms to remove carpets and get some room need paint....

Langbr, I look at your pics and sure I like the color of iris' (#3) cream brown with purple that I have been looking for this color for my front yard.

Today, I went to small claim court for compliant of tenant never pay me for rent 8 months behind so I has to wait 10 days to kick them out!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

I like the paint color.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I got this paint at Wal Mart last year... I have 6 different paint for each rooms and outside of house, too...

You need to follow EvaMae's example and paint the outside of the house several different colors too. :~p. Her's looks really neat.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I like my house is Southwestern style color brown "Bear Claw" from Lowe's American Tradition DURAMAX EXTERIOR...also it have priming in this paint to protect from mold, mildew & algae resistant coating....very $$$.... I brought this 11 of 1 gallon... Also I have paint for step which not skipping on icy...

So, I have do all the work and take my time to day to day...

I have secret receipe paint for rot wood from my mom...

lol. Sounds like you have a handle on it.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Rusty I wish I had that iris still. That is a photo from my old house. It was one of my grandmother's iris from her garden. So I've lost that one and her as well. Unfortunately, several flowers I got from my grandmother never made it with me in my move to a new home 2 yrs ago. I posted that pic on the site for sentimental reasons. :-)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Pepper, I'm so glad you have publicly said that you like the house paint colors. I know people say to my face that they like it(sometimes)but then I hear thru the grape vine that most think we lost our minds somewhere when we ordered these colors. I know our children thought we had lost it. One son said we wouldn't be able to see the beautiful flowers in the yarden because the house would camoflague them, others thought it looks like a circus or something like that, one person asked our oldest DD if I sold popsicles and ice cream novelties out of the garage, etc.

Heads up, everyone. Shortleaf lost his father a couple days ago. He had an anurism and had surgery. Things went badly and he died a day or so later. The whole family did manage to be with him at the end but Shortleaf could sure use our support and prayers at this time. He told me thru Dmail & I hope he doesn't mind me posting about it. Being alone makes grieving much harder than when you have someone close 24/7 to grieve with or at least be supportive.

My indoor/outdoor thermometer isn't registering the outdoor temp for some reason. I'll have to do some checking into it today. The house was up to 81 this morning even tho it had gotten down to the low seventies during the night & I had the windows open and fans pulling in the outside air. So all windows are now closed and we(me and the cats, dogs, & degus)are listening to the roar of the big window AC unit in the living room. That just happens to be where the computer is also so the noise level is really getting to me. It is like sitting at the end of a runway with a plane running full throttle next to me. It seems to have dropped to 77 already in here at least. That is tolerable to me but the rest of the house is hot yet. I still need to get the used 5,000 BTU unit I bought yesterday in the window in the utility room. That will help to cool that room so the critters can stay in there.

My poor little Jack/Rat is just having a terrible time with skin problems. From allergies I guess. It has gotten much worse in the past 36 hours. I'm going to have to break down and spend the terrible price of Frontline just for her today. She only goes outside for potty breaks most of the time. If she goes outside to be with me I spray OFF or some other product I just bought the other day on her to repel gnats, chiggers, fleas, etc. and kill ones that get on her anyway. I gave her a half of a Claritin pill last night to help her fight it off. I would hate to have to resort to steroids but may have too. I'll give diphenhydromine a try first. I got more yesterday as I was out. 1/2 pill(12 mg) twice a day is ok for a dog her size according to one vet. I had been putting the olive oil/comfrey/plantain mix on her but that seems to have just spread it and make it worse. I'll try some OTC cortisone cream this morning. Bactine last night about drove her crazy until it stopped stinging. I've use it before on smaller areas and it worked well to heal the sore, but this time the area is so large the stinging was almost unbearable for her. I won't be doing that again. This is our first summer together so it is a learning process for us.

My main phone line is out so I used my cell phone to call a friend and have her report it. I didn't have brains enough to use this line to do it. Duh!! I know what the problem it. They will have to come out and find where moisture is leaking into the lines and replace either the whole line or a connection. We have been thru this before and just went thru it with Kyle and Holly. I had to get really horrid with them to get them out here to finally fix their line properly.

I'm looking at a FeatherLite Weedeater that I saw at Orschlen's yesterday. Good size chunck of money for me to lay out but the old Stihl is just so heavy and long that I have trouble using it now. And I have trouble starting it. A good tune up would likely help there. I always use stablizer in the gas mix and I thing we drained it last fall which Jack always thought was the right thing to do. But now I'm reading reports that that practice leads to spring starting problems. I have the little electric one that really does a good job but won't accept the WeedWarrior unit I got for the Stihl a couple years ago. I have a steele blade on the Stihl now. So I think I'll get the FeatherLite and see how that goes. It will let me go further out into the yarden without losing power thru a long cord.

I need to go face the day. Lots to do and today and Thursday are my only days left in this week that don't have anything going on. I told Pepper that I would make an apple dessert the family loves for PG tomorrow to help make up for Sunday. I've been wanting to make it for a while anyway but it makes a large panful so I have to have lots of people to share it with to make it.

Brenda, which color iris were you referring to that you had from your Grandmother and have now lost? I have some of the older ones and may have it to share with you. So few bloomed this year tho that it will be next spring before I will know.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

EvaMae - the iris that was my grandmother's is this one: http://picasaweb.google.com/Brenda66061/2AcresGardens/photo#5075395081386944114

I didn't know you had a jack/rat terrier! I have 2 rat terriers. They are such a handful but a joy to have around. Great companions. Here's Blaze. He's my sweetheart.

Thumbnail by langbr
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I took pic of front step and it has 3 layer paint thick...

Oh boy, it will be hard and remove the old paint! So, I try use the sander hand machine to smooth out the old paint...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Got a new kitty from work today. He has a bulls eye on both sides of him. We tried Bulls-Eye and Bully for names but those are hard to say so we decided on Curly. He's a shorthair orange cat. We figure 8 wks at most. He has 2 brothers and a sister. I think the sister got a home but the others don't. I will post pics tomorrow. One brother is a light orange/yellow and is VERY friendly. We love him to death and him us. lol. He was the favorite. Mine was 2nd. The others didn't like people and hid everywhere. The places they hid were just unbelieveable. lol

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

We have a rat terrier too, Beau, he is such a mess, but what a personality he has. A real big dog attitude about him. He loves to play in water puddles, but hates a bath, go figure.

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Eva-may----- our dog has skin problems and our vet told us to give her melatonin.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

We had a yellow lab with severe allergies and the vet had us give her Benadryl. Can't remember the dosage though and she was a 60-lb dog. She's no longer with us or I'd know right off the top of my head how much she got.

Here is my new kitty Curly. He is very frisky and loves to chase anything he sees. He also loves to dig in my potted plants. lol. This is his bulls-eye pic.

Thumbnail by pepper23

All strrrreeeetttccchheedd out having a blast.

Thumbnail by pepper23

My other cat Whiskers. He is not a happy camper. Has been hissing at Curly sometimes and once he hissed at mom. Got a little slap for that. But I think he will come around. We think he is jealous but it's kind of hard to tell at the moment. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Last pic today. lol. Here is sniffing aound my gardenia and my peppers. He keeps getting up in my pots and digging. Gonna have to put chicken wire on the tops to keep him out. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

just checking in been so long since been here lots new ones nice.. take care all blessings. Eva marie did not see your house.. do what you,and like want!!

everyopne have a great day week.. blessings everyone..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.