Central Midwest Gardening: JUNE THREAD 2007, 1 by langbr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright langbr

In reply to: JUNE THREAD 2007

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of JUNE THREAD 2007
langbr wrote:
Congrats on the greenhouse Rusty. Look forward to seeing pics of it once you fill it all up. lol

I too saw fireflies (lightning bugs as we call them here) just a couple of nights ago. Not many yet, but they are out there. Reminds me so much of 4th of July as a kid.

I'm with masgard on the weather forecasters. As I tell my husband....."what's the forecast? Rain. Welcome to Kansas!" lol We have gotten 3.2" in 3 days (Wed-Fri). Yesterday was without rain thankfully. I have a few trades to dig but it's so darned wet and mucky in some of my beds when I try to dig. I did manage to squeeze in a few plants y'day afternoon. So very wet, but at least I could turn the soil...errrrrrr....clay. No rain forecast for today, so I'll get out and get some trades dug for shipping on Monday.

Here was my backyard on Wed as the rain let up. 2" in under an hour left me with 10-1/2" at the deepest point. Ground is so saturated it has no where to drain to when it's coming down that hard. I just had the sod laid Saturday, after pool construction, and some of it was floating just above the soil. You can see 1 piece that's yellowish looking by the blue flag on the right of the pic that is floating. sigh..... My 5-yr old keeps singing "rain, rain, go away..." bless her heart, she just wants to swim and play outside.