Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ? [Sticky] Part 2

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Girl you are crazy...but I do understand the enthusiasum! It was such a good time! It was just great seeing and meeting everyone! It seemed like I had known all of you for years already....isn't that just the coolest thing!

Elaine, I01, wish you had been there! Missed getting to meet you and I hope your DMIL is doing well!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I had a wonderful time at my first plant swap. Enjoyed meeting everyone and making new garden friends. Nothing like meeting folks who like to get their fingers in the dirt.. and worm castings too.... My new "babies" are all in the shade and watered well until I can get them in their new home. I talked real sweet to all of them and told them how pretty they are. LOL. Will try to post as I plant and label them. Elaine,101, we missed you.
Elaine

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Donna you crazy woman I thought July/August was sooooo hot that nobody comes out of doors?

"Douglas at our pool-house ..."
Biljarts or as in SWIMMINGPOOL?????? Maybe we can do the RU standing or swimming IN the pool and the plants on the edge?? That way I don't need my glasses and cannot bungle up ANY photo's taken. LOL

Actually July I will be on vacation. And I had a great time y'all. My soil is coming today so plants can go in. They are now sitting on big pile of dirt and water reg. Your babies are fine!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Now Coby the swim suit leaves a lot of possibilities for mistakes. LOL

The only problem is that I can't swim. But I sure can wade into deep water with these long legs. Probably the best wader in the southeast.
Sure hope I can make it.

Okay y'all ... thanks for missing me! DMIL is better now and wild horses won't keep me away from the next RU. :-) Oh and Elaine ... my gardenia you gave me last year has buds on it!!! LOL

Riverdale, GA

im soooooooooon sad that i missed this a day late and a dollar short . I will be looking forward to the next one ....please dont take too long:)

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

smokeye,
Welcome to Daves. We all had a great time at the roundup...the next one is in Oct.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3243290
chris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Does anyone remember bringing me a papersack filled with Siberian Iris? LOL I don't know who they are from and/or what color they are....thanks!!!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet, I brought you a plastic grocery bag with purple siberian iris.

Brenda

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is what I have then..lol...do you know whether they are Caesar's brother or Caesar or some other name? LOL Boy, I can't tell you my name anymore...

I brought you a paper sack with two types of sib. iris. One looks awefully similar to yours. The other is "Baby Sister". A tiny blue dwarf, only 6" tall.
They have writing on the leaves!

GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Glynnis! Yes, I have those too...I just didn't have a label on the plastic bag...it was the plastic bag I was confused about..lol WHEW! Lots still to plant!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Janet, I think they probably are Caesar's brother but I never had a name. They were given to me.

Brenda

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Janet, I will keep you busy with even more names! Can you tell the names of the plants you gave me back in March. No hurry, I think they're doing fine. Here's some pics.
Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

And here is 2nd one. There a few more in back yard but I don't worry about them now.

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Sure Coby, the first is Blue Stokesia Aster and the second one is Rubeckia "Black Eyed Susan",

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Coby, the Stokesia Aster Janet gave me last year are in bloom right now. I wish I had put it in the front of my border instead of the middle though. Although I can see it from my sunroom window a daylily is in front of it when I walk out to look at it. I'll be moving it to the front in the fall. Just something for you to think about. Mine is pretty, more of a lavender color.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Mine bloomed for the first time this year, and it is beautiful.I think they get larger every year, is that true? Mike

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I guess luck is with the ignorant! I didn't know what they were but somehow I planted them at the "front"! Street level though, but should look very good.
I'll take pics tomorrow, have been planting like crazy for 2 days AND shuffeling/wheelbarreling approx. 10 cyds soil! Needless to say, I'll the dog for a very early walk and go soak in the bathtub.
Thanks, Janet. How are you doing btw?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am hanging in...I have been "doing" too much, so tonight has been kind of bad...but I am getting ready to lie down and pray I will have more energy to do more planting in the morning...lol My stokesia are just beautiful and yes Mike they do get bigger every year, I have some that are between three and four feet accross and they have so many blooms on them...they are one of my favorite flowers. If you cut the spent stalks off when they are done blooming, it will sometimes encourage more to shoot up, mine will bloom into the Fall. Here is picture of my first ones. I had two mounds and now I have dozens, and so do many of my friends and family, just from those two original Mamas...lol They seed easily and will grow in full sun to partial shade...great in front of the borders!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Yep! That's what mine look like too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.