Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ? [Sticky] Part 2

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Tuliplady - It's mAY 19th!! If you come on the 9th you may be alone.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

glad to hear good news, Jim. Take of yourself, too
Hugs, Elaine
Soupcon, sending you d-mail

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Great news, Jim, we are kepping the prayers, in our hearts, and minds. Mike

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Yikes, I saw May 9th and got scared. I am so glad you caught that PJ, so I didnt have to start running through thread in a panic. LOL
chris

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Jim, i am so glad that Bobby is getting a bit better. You and she are in my prayers. Please keep us posted on her progress, okay?

Soupcon, could I please get some of your creeping jenny, creeping thyme, and sweet woodruff? Please look on my list to see if there is anything you'd like.

I do have to say that my hydrangea cuttings that are supposed to be rooting didn't come through so well. For all of you who asked for rooted cuttings, let me know if you would like fresh cuttings instead. I'll gladly bring them.

Carmen

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Carmen - Gotcha covered. Sheila

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Soupcon, I would love some creeping thyme & woodruff
I have listing on trade list,, if there is something you would like
Thanks, Elaine

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you Soupcon, seen yr DMail, will keep eye on it.
Mmmmaay 19 !!! I know ..it's the Ivvvyyyy.I was just testing to see if y'all are still awake.

Ivy is done ! Or at least I'd like to believe so. In any case today we covered (raised) an area with 15 c.yd of fill dirt today. Ready to move on.

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay now that time is near :

Let's chat about what extra's to bring along with plants! I'm going to play dumb for now someone else jump on in!! lol!!
I'm sure there's alot of first timer's like myself coming. I know at the beginning of the first thread it's noted there. But would love to here comments and suggestion again. I'll be taking notes for our Fall RU!

Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I certainly need to know and I think I am among quite a few FIRST timers....so give us all the low down!

I've got alot of trades going so I thinking of boxing/traying each indivdul trade with lables and description of plants. With lable on the containers with plants name also my name. Using up all those extra address lables I've gotten in the mail. So my traders will remember they got there plant from ME!!! lol!!

A set-up table-card table or the back of my Yukon!
gonna put my Name (GAPEAHEN) on the Windows of my White
Yukon!!! So yall can find me!! lol!!

newpaper-plastic bags (wal-mart bags)
bottle WATER.

what-else???

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I Think it all depends how many extras you have! I usually bring a flat of extras such as strawberry begonias, and several other things that I have plenty of to share - if people don't want them, we can bring them home or just leave them on an orphan table, they will disappear!
Or maybe you mean other things - I did make some suggestions in the first post - on the trade list I think - like chairs, a cooler, paper towels, marking pens, plastic bags, masking tape, etc.

Right on with the other things! Guess we all can think of as going on a pic-nic! All those extra's - yea something to sit on, forgot that one! Extra cooler for cuttings we might get! Now I'm thinking!!!!!!

PJ, need any door prize donated? I'll be glad to bring a few, have some neat garden art!

This message was edited May 2, 2007 12:54 AM

this was copy & paste from Azalea thread:

NOTE: Be sure to label your plants: - After we part we may forget what they are or who gave it to us.
Description - Name of plant, color, sun or shade.
Your DG name and who it is for if determined
Use masking tape on the pot or tall stalk - little sticks may get knocked out and are harder to read.
Please don't pot your plants in clay, if they are not planted right away, they probably will die.
Suggestions of Things to bring:
Roll of paper towels
Roll of masking tape
Plastic bags for divisions and to put pots in to keep your car/truck cleaner
Bottle of water if it is a really hot day, your plants may appreciate a drink
Make a sign with your name to tape on your plant table or truck if you leave them in your truck.
A folding chair or 2 if you have them

anything else to add?

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

gapeahen,
Hey. I hadn't heard back from you since I Dmailed you on 3/27, but I need to know that you received my info. about NOT ordering me any worm castings. Not only is it not in my budget right now, but it looks like I will have to go to my nephews wedding after all. I have planned on going to the round up since Feb., but now it looks like I have no way out. What a HUGE disappointment. :( I have been so excited, so looking forward to this. I have one tenny tiny out that may surface, but it hinges on my brother-in-law. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

Catherine

Mentone, AL

What is dmail and how do you use it? Also I tacked a message on the end of part 1 before realizing there was a part two. I need an address to send a check for the food. Barbara

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome to DG - Barbara, I just sent you a Dmail - it's the same as Email, except it goes through Dave's (DG) directly and is a private mail. To use it, just click on the person's name where they have posted and "to send a D Mail will be listed. To read them, just click on your DG Home Page, and it will show up at the top of the page above the list of new posts on the threads you choose to watch. Dave has everything laid out so neatly for us, there is much to discover here but it will take a while to learn all the little tricks. Read over the Tutorial, it will answer a lot of your questions.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey ya'll, it's Deborah's..Cordeledawg's B-day.. Here's her b-day link :)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/720282/

Susan

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Just a reminder it is only 12 more days til our Round up!! Hope every body is getting things potted up and labeled.

There are 34 members signed up + I haven't counted the guests, but you can see them on the first thread. I now have $$ for 25 BBQ meals. If you want one, I should have your $9.00 by the 14th give or take a day so I will know how much to order. Looks like we'll have a great turn out.

Azalea
Please count my DH as my guest. My check for the BBQ will be in the mail on Tuesday. :-) See ya on the 19th!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm talking up the ru trip with my dh so I'll be sending BBQ money for him shortly. Don't want Mr. IO1 to have to listen to me and Elaine all by himself all the there and back. lol

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Azalea, goodmorning.
I sent you a Dmail last night. I need yr address so I can sent check.
Thanks. Coby

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am so excited it is getting so close! I am going to be getting all of my trades ready this week. The only thing I believe may not be working it the Red Lantana. I have a huge "confetti" that I dug up and noone to get it, so it is still sitting on the deck. I may just bring it with me and Deb is you want to try to plant it and see what happens, then you are welcomed to it! LOL I know they go dormant in the winter in pots and come back, so if you want to give it a try let me know. I took some cuttings so if I promised Lantana to anyone, I will be bringing whichever ones survived. I will check my list to see who was wanting the Lantana.

Coby did the Red one you took stat leafing out yet?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Quick question, would it be too much trouble for everyone to update their trade lists? I want to make sure I have made notes of all I have promised so I can label those and be ready....so if everyone could update them or maybe we could do a new thread and copy and past JUST the trade lists to that thread...lol WE are a chatty group for sure!!! Hope everyone is doing great and can't wait to meet all of you!
JanetS

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Same here, getting very excited AND nervous since my frontyard is NOT ready and even haven't ordered soil yet. So.. technically I can't plant things. I bought a few bags of garden soil today just in case of emergency.
Janet, yes both lantana's are sprouting out! But I don't remember which was red (or are they both red???) doing good in any case. So does the big butterflybush. Actually all are doing well except one of the climbing things and the tubers (Purple Heart?)..very very slow or not at all.

I have updated my list on the RU Georgia forum. I listed everything I think I am supposed to be bringing, and have listed more things I can bring.
So please ask.

I am also kind of unsure how the RU works. Do we only bring plants for specific people, or do we also have a general trade?

Thanks,
GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No, one was red and the other is Confetti I think...lavendar and pinks with a little yellow...I am happy they are doing so well!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Just bring what ever you have extras of - some people don't have much of anything - new members, new houses, new to gardening, etc. Sometimes people just don't know what they want or what things are by name but might just love it if they saw it! Just be sure to label the ones that are spoken for, who it is for, who it is from - sun, shade color, etc, What ever you have time for, I am always grabbing up things at the last minute after I get the "needed" ones ready. I put From Azalea on the extras I bring.

Thanks Azalea, that is how we do our trade on the "other" garden forum (you know, the "dark side :)
I just wanted to make sure we could also do that for Dave's RU.

GGG

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL!!!!!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

*whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine* I am still so p'od that I can't come. :( *sigh* Well y'all will just have to have fun without me! lol My yard sooooo could've used the orphans too! I guess the pansies will have to live through the summer to keep me in flowers then. I'll go have a talk with them. lol :)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Yeah Angie, me too have you ever missed one??? It won't be the same without you.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well I know I didn't go for a year, but I don't think we had one, I think it was the BGI one that I missed.

I'll just have to live vicariously through y'all. lol

Is anyone staying over night in Jonesboro - Friday night? Where are you staying? Hubby & I are planning to come up friday night.

Donna

Well, I've got bad news today. Just found out that due to some unforseen family obligations, I won't be able to attend the RU next week-end. :-( I'm sooo disappointed! To those of you that I've made private individual swaps with ... I'll be honoring them. I hope everyone has a wonderful time. I'll be thinking of y'all!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

We will miss you, and pray all will be well for your family soon!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

OAK TREE? Anyone want a 5' tall willow oak? I am pretty sure it is a willow oak - I can post pictures....

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/93648/

I dug this up out of my front yard last year and put it in a pot. It is a very pretty little tree, a gift from the birds or squirrels, that will get too big.

ALSO - please check my trade list http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/663844/ and be sure if I have promised you a plant that your name is on my list for it. I've got CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) and this is the list I am working from...

Sterling

This message was edited May 13, 2007 11:33 AM

Thanks Janet ... I'll sure miss y'all more!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, can anyone tell me...I wanted to bring some ditch lilies...double orange as well as some iris...now do I need to pot them up or just bring them wrapped in newspaper? I can't figure out what is the best way to bring them...lol My brain is fried I guess....too much heat this weekend!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.