Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ? [Sticky] Part 2

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have 4 sheets of poster board and huge tip marker for making signs if need be in van.. Don't worry yall and get a good nights rest!! See ya in the morning!! :)

Susan

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much Susan for the article and offer to come early- I plan to arrive before 8, hopefully that will be early enough???. I am so sorry, I just didn't forsee this mess. I think we should try to block off our parking lot - My friend Pat went today and counted only 37 parking spots next to our area - there is another parking lot just north of the church, but it may be hard or impossible to get to. At least it won't be raining!! I have a roll of yellow ribbon I will try to block it off with and put up a "Reserved" sign, No gurantees of course.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

It will work out! DG's seem to be a mighty force when in numbers...Look out Jonesboro! :)
chris

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

This message was edited May 19, 2007 12:10 AM

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey, I'm just seeing this. Don't know how we both missed it, PJ. I'll be there as soon as I can pack it all up. I spoke to the Police Dept just now and they are not actually the ones closing down streets. They referred me to the Public Works folk, who ARE the ones shutting down streets. He said we need to talk to "Joe" to find out what route people should take. Needless to say, nobody's answering Public Works' phones now. If anybody has Phyllis' phone number, please call her with that info. We may be okay, y'all, cuz this year the festivities are on Mill Street, which is a bit away from our locatn. I'll post (I'm 10 minutes away) more if I can find out, but I know most of y'all are on the road. Sorry. Sheila

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Sheila - my cell is 770-310-0089. Home is 770-478-5557. Just got up but the truck is packed, will be on my way in a few!! Think Happy thoughts!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Shoot. I was wrong about Mill Street. It's only a block or so away from us. I was thinking....nevermind. I just ran by town, and at 7:05 all was clear. I guess I coulda just cruised around, lookin' for Joe. Can't you see me zoomin' around looking for PubWks trucks? A few last minute things to pack up and label. See y'all. Sheila

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll be leaving here soon! See ya down there :)

Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

THAT WAS FUN!!!
:)

Great seeing ya'll! :)

I'm wiped out!!

Thanks so much Azalea for all the work you did. It was an amazing time and I'm very grateful :)

Susan

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Azalea, it was great! Even my DH was impressed! (You'd have to know him to understand, LOL) Perfect organization and wonderful door prizes. You did too much but I l love you for making it so memorable. Perfect place! Easy to get to! Perfect food! Tasty! Perfect weather! Ya'll don't have gnats, yea! It's been a long time since I went anywhere to meet such nice, friendly and new friends as this. Thank you all for the wonderful plants.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My DH took pictures. Is there a RU picture thread started anywhere?

THANK YOU Azalea and family for such a lovely day.
Thanks to Soulgardenlove for the ride and the friendship. It was a great time getting to know you better!!

Thanks to all for the plants. DH was astounded at the selection when I got home (not that he knows one from the other), lol ;)

There are photos on the forum for RU pictures here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/rounduppix/all/

GGG

This message was edited May 19, 2007 7:50 PM

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Deborah, please thank your husband for keeping our plants safe while we were listening to the speaker!! :)

Glynis, do you think I'm crazy now after spending some time with me??

Susan

This message was edited May 19, 2007 8:03 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wonderful time! Thanks so much PJ for all your efforts! It was great! It was so nice to meet new people and see friends at this great event! I can't believe I "needed" so many more plants..lol EF "Elaine" somehow I ended up bringing yours home, I will get it in the mail to you on Monday....don't worry..lol I am sure you will need more to plant too...

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

That was the most fun I've had in Years!!!! Y'all are great and I'm better for knowing all of you and Daves Garden. What a wonderful day. And you were all so kind and generous to us newbies. I'm going to propogate like crazy for next year! And thanks SO MUCH for the photo thread. I've already printed some out and pinned them up here next to my computer. I really can't say enough how much I enjoyed today and getting to put faces with the names I've been chatting with. Happy Gardening to All!
Catherine

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

That was my first DG roundup - and it was fun! I can't wait for the next one. Such a nice group of people, it was so nice to meet all of you. Now I get to spend the day tomorrow planting all my new stuff...yippee!

Cumming, GA(Zone 7b)

What a wonderful day! It was just great to meet everyone. Thank you for all the beautiful plants, you are all so generous. I can't wait for the next one.

Thank you again Azalea, everything was fantastic!

Virginia

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I want to thank everyone that came and helped make this R-UP one of the best ever. I really appreciate all the help and the wonderful gifts and special things people donated as prizes, etc. I could never have done it all by myself. You guys just are a great group. Not sure of the final tally, but I think we had over 60 attending, beclu probably has the real total as she and her friend Lydia manned the registration table - they did a fine job making the nametags and getting folk's registered as they came in.
The Jonesboro Days celebration gave us no problems. The day started out cool in the 50's and warmed to a beautiful 70 something without a cloud in the sky. I know many of you came a long way, I just hope it was worth your trip. Now don't work too hard getting all those beautiful plants in the ground this week.

Looking forward to Gapeahen's Fall round up.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you Azalea for organizing this and making it possible. Thank you DG's for being.....DG's gardeners, I had a great time and although it didn't seem that many plants but when I offloaded my truck and put all on the ground to be watered, I was amazed at what I did get! Thank ya'll very much, I will be thinking of you when I look at your plants.
See you in October then?
Coby

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, what a great bunch of people!!!

Thanks to everyone for the plants and most of all for all the handshakes and hugs. And Azalea did a wonderful job on organizing it. And if I am ever around and she says lets get some BBQ I'll tell her to lead the way. And all the desserts were just great, especially the banana pie that Chris brought. Yum yum. The next roundup she can just prepare me one and I'll bring her all my plants.

I got to work 2 minutes before time to clock in. Do I know when to leave a party or what.
Bobbie said thanks to all that asked about her and hopefully some day she will make another one.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

So great to see all the happy people, and to fellowship with such wonderful friends, who share the same interest.
PJ, you out did yourself, all of us appreiciate the work you did, and hope you feel like all was a wonderful success, because all of us sure feel that way.I don't know what you could have done to improve the situation.
So glad to have met all of the ones that I did not know prior to the RU, and I'll have happy memorable faces to add to those names, that we are so familier with.I am sorry more of us could not be at this beautiful setting for more fun and fellowship.
Thanks again, Azelia for your detication and love, it all went so well. Mike

Alpharetta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you Azalea and everyone of this wonderful RU. This is THE largest group of RU I've ever been and best! I got the perfect plants to finish up my garden now! You're a great bunch! Wenny

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

PJ -- Beautiful job. Everything was perfect. Thanks to everyone I got to swap plants with and meet. Great bunch. Just sorry we had to leave early. Sheila

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks PJ and Doug for all your work. It was great to meet everyone.
Jim, I marked you down for 1 banana pie for the next roundup. lol
Time to start planting.
chris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am on my way out there too Chris...lol So many beauties to find a perfect spot for..thanks again everyone for the beautiful plants and wonderful time! Jim it was so good to see you and I was glad you were able to come. Donna, I was also surprised to see you and thrilled you got to be there, and thanks again for arranging for the worm castings for us. It was especially good to see those that are having difficulties in their personal lives be able to come and talk and laugh and enjoy such a beautiful day! Ladies, let me also say that those of you who had your sweet husbands come and be a part of this, are very blessed. I was envious of that dedication, and I have been married to a wonderful man for thirty six years. Wish he had been there with me! I would have loved for you to meet him too!

My friends that came with me were just thrilled with the fellowship and wonderful people they met. Ronnie said he had never seen so many goodlooking women in one place. He is single...lol...

Carmen I was glad to see you out and about too and to meet your sweet friend, enjoyed having lunch with you! Oh, by the way, the other DGer that is in Braselton is Berrygirl! Deb, remembered....lol

Getting out there now...bet a lot of use are worn out tonight! LOL

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Azalea, you did a wonderful job at organizing this roundup. Beclu did a great job of registering us all.

It was so great to see old friends and meet new ones and I got a lot of great new plants to boot! Kenny had a blast too!

I'm a little late starting out but we had some friends drop by this morning so I'm having lunch and getting ready to head outside.

Love you all,

Brenda

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

What a lovely day! Thanks everyone and especially PJ for a wonderful trade! It was great to meet all of you. :)

Danita

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Thank You ~ Thank You ~ Thank You ~

PJ and all who help yall did a "GREAT Job." It was wonderful to see so many HAPPY Gardener's sharing. I'm so glad that I got up at 4:30 am left @ 6 and drove 200 miles to meet and share with ALL of "YOU". After all the stress I had, Being there was a breath of FRESH AIR !! What FUN it was!!

My DH was very impressed and happy to meet "U" all too! He thought that I'd meet you folks before Saturday. LOL!! Now he knows want a ROUND-Up is all about! Can wait till October RU here @ our place.
Thank you all for making Roger (DH) feel so WELCOME, and sharing to growning tips Mike & Fred!! He felt like part of the group and not a out-sider! Words can't say how much that meant to him! Hug's to ya!

Thanks for all the wonderful traders, Bear Hug's 2 u!!
If you got something from me and your not sure of it, please d-mail & ask. I did put in some extra's to fill the box up!

Gardeners Makes The BEST of FRIENDS!!
Donna

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, thank you all for the kind words, makes it all worth while. Sorry about the few little snags, but I guess nothing is ever really perfect. It was great seeing you all, some old and meeting new friends. I'm sure Donna's place will be gorgeous - hope to see you all then.

PJ

Our Speaker Jason - Worm Casting

Thumbnail by gapeahen

PJ - Mike -Jim

This message was edited May 20, 2007 9:14 PM

Thumbnail by gapeahen

Sterhill & GGG

This message was edited May 20, 2007 7:55 PM

Thumbnail by gapeahen

vja2001

Thumbnail by gapeahen

? & Lcf530 & Tuliplady

Thumbnail by gapeahen

Sterhill & ?

Whatcha got there Sterhill????

Thumbnail by gapeahen

so sorry I post these on the wrong thread. I had 2 pages open and trying to name every pic and got mix up! Will post the rest photo!!

Donna ... I can't wait for October!!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jimminy Crinums Sterling!!! Wow!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Susan - Is that not the biggest Crinum bulb you ever saw!!! And Turtle says it blooms RED! Thank you Turtle!! How cool. This was such a great RU. It was so wonderful seeing everyone and I have so many new, beautiful plants.

Sterling

lo1,
I can do a RU just about anytime! I had so much fun, I'm setting on READY, someone say when & I'll get planning!

If anyone is interest in July or August. We'll for sure have the AC turn up then but that's no problem. There's also 2 location I have available to host a Round Up. Douglas at our pool-house and/or our place on the Chattahoochee River in Georgetown, Ga. Which is across the river from Eufaula, Ala.

Why I can even have one at both places before the years out!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.