Who wants a Spring Roundup in GA ? [Sticky] Part 2

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Continued thread - 365 replies on part 1. too many for those who have dial up. Time is getting close now , looks like there will be a fine turn out. our GA Round Up/Swap set for May 19th. It will be held in the shady lot beside the 1st Methodist Church on Main St in downtown Jonesboro

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/662490/
Trade List for GA R-up http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/663844/
No chat please on trade list - D Mail for requests and responses to keep the thread shorter - easier to find the trades. Thanks

This message was edited May 7, 2007 1:57 PM

Lula, GA

Thanks for the continuing thread- the other is rather lo-o-oo-ong!

Hey, I just want to say something here; someone may have already touched on this.

We all got hit by the frost real hard back around Easter- I actually had hail on the 5th, too.

Most of the trades I've asked for are perennials and most of my trade-outs are also perennials. Many may not look so hot right now but I still want them, if they are not outright dead!! Mine look fine, for the bulk of my trades, but the tricyrtis didn't fare too well, but they will look great by the middle of the summer. So, please, I will take all my trade-ins, whether they are ugly right now or not. And I'm bringing all the trade-outs I can and then some!

On a drive the other day, I passed Skitt Mtn, and all the oaks and maple, hickorys are brown- never seen anything like it! My shrubs are slowly starting to put out new leaves but no hydrandea flowers this year, and only late azalea blossoms!

Looking forward to seeing ya'll at the RU, and soon!

Brenda

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

On a sour note, I don't know if I will be able to make it to the RU. I know I won't be able to bring the things I promised because of Bobbie's health and her condition, that gets worse each day. She has fallen twice this week and has really gotten weaker than she has ever been. Can't even get from her wheelchair to her lift chair or from bed to the wheel chair even with help, she is really struggling. I have to get down on my knees and slowly move her feet in the direction she needs to go to get her around. I have a lift for her but she has to be up to put the strap under her and it doesn't help that much. Just a bad situation. I think I only asked for one trade and really couldn't take care of it so please accept my apologies and maybe the next one I will be back to swapping. I still hope to make the RU but just didn't want any one to be upset when I showed up with nothing for them. I will try to mail the swaps I promised out at a later date. I am truly sorry and know each of you will understand. She had to go for an MRI today and went to our family doctor Friday. She has an appointment with one of her MS doctors Wednesday and then an appointment with the heart doctor on Thursday. I know she will be glad when this week is over. The home health nurse has been here almost as a daily routine and is coming again today to check on her.
Thanks everyone for your concern and love sent to us. We appreciate it more than you will ever know. Sometimes life just deals a dirty hand that gets in the way of things you want to do.
Jim

Jim
Please know you're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Jim, don't worry about our trade not one eye-oda.
The visiting nurses are a good help to you I know from illness in my own family how welcoming it is to have them. It seems sometimes that they don't come often enough or stay long enough because your own state of mind becomes weary with fatigue. You keep your chin up and know that the Lord is with you every step of the way. Bobbie is in my prayers along with you for strength.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Dear Jim and Bobbie,
You are both in my thoughts and prayers everyday...I even wake up at night and I am thinking about you....so I say another prayer for you both. I can't tell you how much concern is given to your situation. Please just take care of each other and don't worry about anything else. It will all be here when this passes. I pray Bobbie's strength and health will return soon. I know it can be hard to face the day when you have no energy at all. I also know it can be depressing for you, Bobbie, but don't let it take your fight away! We have to fight this disease sometimes with all we have and even harder when we don't think we have anything left to fight with...I know you can do it!!!! It will get better!!!! Jim, you are such a blessing and please take care of yourself as well!!
God bless and keep you both, safe in His arms and His loving care!
Janet

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim.. :( So sorry for all you two are going through. Your in my thoughts and prayers :)

Susan

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim,
Dont worry a bit about trades, spend your thoughts and time with the things that need you. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job, Bobbie is very lucky to have you. You both sound like a beautiful couple. Hope to one day meet you.
Prayers for strength, comfort and something that makes you both smile, :)
chris

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim, you will be with us if only in spirit - we all hope and pray for you both. Maybe in another month things will be better.

PJ

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Jim,, Hugs and prayers for you both.
Elaine

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Jim, don't worry one bit, about the promise of the swap, we will be deligthed to see you when ever, or however you can make it, and we all understand. May God have mercy upon you, and give you strenght, you are a blessing to all of us. Mike

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Susan! Well, I decided to join. :)

Hello All, my name is Danita and I've just subscribed to Daves. Susan(soulgardenlove) and I talked at another trade and she told me about the trade and the GA gardener forum. I'm sure I've meet several of you at other trades but it will be lovely to meet new people (and see the people I know again!) I guess we are allowed to bring guests?

Jim, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and am sending prayers your way.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome, Danita!

Hi Danita, I'm here too, great to see you over here.

girlgroupgirl

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

YEA Danita!! See you at the trade!

I really need to firm up my list of things.

I'm recruiting great gardeners!! :)

Susan

Lula, GA

JIm,

I'm praying for you and Bobbie- just take care of yourself in these trying times.

Brenda

Danita- welcome! The more the merrier!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Danita,
I am potting up and getting ready.... looking forward to meeting everyone

Hugs, Elaine

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Anyone have any of these I could trade for?

Stachy Lambs Ear
Salvia May Night
Yarrow Moonshine
Saponaria Soapwort
Centranthus ruber Jupiter's Beard
Joe-pye-weed
Lobelia

D-mail me please!
Thanks,
Donna

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Donna..Don't forget that I am bringing you yellow yarrow and joe pye. Unfortunately I only have one pot of each. Maybe someone else has some too. I can also bring you some lambs ear if you want.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Welcome Danita, good to see you joined.

Thanks everyone.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Donna,
Sent you a D-mail. :)

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! :)

Danita

This message was edited Apr 26, 2007 4:54 PM

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Gapeahen..I'll also bring you a Double Saponeria Soap Wort. Bouncing Bet.

I don't have much in the way of trades but will be bringing some herbs I'm rooting. What about little flower pots? I like to buy cheep ones that I can keep around when I want to give a friend something and don't have to worry about the pot.

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

If anyone has pineapple sage or milk weed I would love to have some.

thripmaster, if I can get a large enough piece of my pineapple sage for cutting, I'll make you one. It is slower to show up in the spring, but I'll give it a go!

GGG

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks GGG. That would be great.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Calycanthus (Danita), welcome to THE BEST DG's FORUM ! I am fairly new too and am excited to meet everybody ("y'all" IS a lot shorter!) soon.
Got nothing to trade, I have barren land. But I'll bring lots of cookies!

btw I am still tilling my front yard, I am now working on last (1/4) patch of the heaviest layer of leaves, pine needles and IVY, IVY and some more... IVY @#$*#*% !

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL, Cody, that IVY is for the birds!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Everyone,

No you aren't crazy(well as far as this is concerned anyway!)
Yes, I just changed my user name from Calycanthus to Danita.
When I subscribed some pesky person already had "Danita" as a username so I couldn't use it. Turns out, I was that pesky person! I had joined but not subcribed years ago and forgot about it. :)

Just wanted to clarify,
Danita

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ha-- yes, it always bothers me that soulgardenlove is taken until I realize I already signed up somewhere with that name! :)

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Good morning Jim. How are you and Bobbie today?

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome abord Danita, we are going to have the largest RU, an the most new people to meet, looking foward.
IVY!!!, the only competition I know of is vinca MAJOR, and I actually know people who want this stuff. Mike

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

A lot of peeps love Vinca Major. My neighbor planted it next to an area I have ajuga and it iw literally trying to take over. Plus it is in hard red clay, and not so easy to rip up!..so it may end up winning the battle one day.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Bobbie started getting a little better yesterday. She managed to sit up for about 2 hours last night. First time she had been out of bed since Monday. Thanks for asking.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Great to hear Jim :)

Susan

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

WOO HOO!!! Great news!! I know that is major!!!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello, all. I still feel very new here, and haven't posted for a few months--until these last few days. I cannot wait to meet you all, even though I'm not sure I need more plants (gotta get out there and take care of the ones I have now!). I have little to offer, but if anybody's interested in the following, let me know.
Hosta babies (3 no-name varieties: lite green/chartreusy variety, red stem variegated, and variegated--perhaps somebody can help me with names)
Ajuga -- green and burgundy
Lysimachia (Creeping Jenny) -- I urge you to keep this plant in POTS, it is invasive
Greek Oregano
Creeping Thyme
Native Sweet Woodruff
Native Ironwood tree (a foot or two tall)
Hellebore seedlings (We literally have hundreds, and I love the plant so much I haven't been able to bring myself to weed them out). As Phyllis pointed out to me, they take 3 years to reach maturity, but oh, what a plant. Love them!

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

soupcon, I would love some of your hellebore seedlings, I have a pretty good size spot for them and it should be finished in about 3 years, lol. They will be all grown up by then.
Chris

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

ME TOO, me too! Soupcon, I'd be verry happy with the Hellebore and like Chris both the Hellebore and I are probably "ready" at the same time!
See you May 9th then.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.