Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Clerodendrum ugandense

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Ceanothus 'Dark Star' (blooming now)

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pictures, all of you. I never knew there were so many that are blue.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Zuzu - I have Multi Blue, too!

Thumbnail by pirl
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Don't you love it, Pirl? I just bought two more.

Zuzu--Is it pretty hot where you are? I've tried a couple of times to grow clematis, but neither of them lived. I wonder if it was the heat.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

We have a lot of days when it's over 100 degrees, but we have really low humidity here.

Did you keep the roots shaded? Mine would drop dead right away if they didn't have shade on their roots. I usually plant them in the same hole with a climbing rose. The rose shades the bottom of the Clematis.

Yes, Zuzu, I love it.

Diane - most people won't plant them deep enough, leading to almost certain death. I doubt if it's the heat since JasperDale grows them in Long Beach, CA.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yes, but do we really know what his look like? lol just kidding, jd! i want blues. i say that every year.

Debi - Feb. 23rd, same spot as above, which was photographed July 16th.

Thumbnail by pirl

JD! He's sound asleep. I'll ask him to post some photos of his blues and his clematis.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yikes, i get teeth-chatters just looking at that picture.........!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hold everything !!! I WANT that blue verbena...and I want it NOW !!! LOL

With the exception of the blue rhodies, Zuzu and I have appear to have the same blue flowering plants.

My Will Goodwin Clematis isn't blooming yet...it's more of a lavendery blue (is that a word? )

I'm glad Zuzu mentioned "Heliophylla"...it is a great annual that does reseed...

I always plant lots of blue lobelia...it's great for freebies (seedlings) and you can always count on it to perform splendidly.

I knew that about shading the roots, but not about planting too shallowly (is that a word?). I don't remember now what I planted with them to shade the roots, but evidently I did something wrong. I'd sure love to try again, as they are some of the prettiest things around and have so many variations. It is so humid here sometimes that it's like walking around in soup. I need to talk to other gardeners and see if they have any success with clematis. I don't see many of them in the garden shops.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, I won't to play...lol here are my stokes asters, they come back with strong flowering habits every year...they make great border plants too...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

very blue iris....I don't know it's name, but it is a nice blue and shows up well in the garden!

Thumbnail by JanetS

Those are really pretty. Are they blooming now?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Blue Silverado TB Iris...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Not yet, these are from lasts season's pics...my Iris are just beginning to start blooming, I have a Red Zinger blooming now, and I had a couple of heirlooms that are done already....but the Siberian, and Louisiana and most of the other beardered are not in bloom yet...a few more weeks and we should be! I do have blue Columbine blooming, I will take a picture of that one today!

Thank you, Zuzu, for starting this thread! Haven't seen a blue I didn't like.

Janet's gorgeous "very blue iris" reminded me of a pale blue one we have:

Thumbnail by pirl
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a picture of Ceasar's Brother...nice blue one...Pirl your does look like mine, what is the name do you know? Same shape for sure! I will have to check more pictures and see if my blue is closer to yours....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Blue Columbine...very blue...I have another that is more of a purple too..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is another of the blue Iris like you have Pirl...is this more the color you have...I don't know which camera I took the pictures with, but sometimes they show more blue than others...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a different one that is a nice blue as well...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

one more and I will stop..lol this is a picture of some heirlooms I have, they are huge this year, and haven't bloomed yet, but I am hoping for a very nice show!!!

Thumbnail by JanetS

Janet - I'm sorry but there was no name on the package.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No problem sweetie, that is just the closest to what I have that anyone has posted, LOL it is a beauty too!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, did it by any change say what type of Iris they are? Siberian?

By the roots, when I dug it up to move it, I'd guess it's Louisiana.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks, pirl...that was going to be my next question !

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Clematis, Macropetala Blue

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Pirl, good to know...I have given some to other gardeners, but didn't really pay attention to the roots when I dug them..lol will check them out next time though...

Clematis, "Fujimusume"

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Bluish flowers from "Stairway to Heaven"

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Shirley - your clematis are heavenly. Do you have a favorite nursery?

New England Asters.

Thumbnail by pirl
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are pictures of my Ajuga today..it looks great!

Thumbnail by JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.