Daily pics #6

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

flicker feathers

Lost a good deal of the brightness in photographing, but this will give some idea of the color.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

from the other side

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics everyone!

Marilyn, Whats your new camera?

(Zone 3b)

very nice and enjoyable seeing so many different birds all in one day:)
Eagle's nest near the Old Glenn; I was lucky enough to see one in it a few years ago.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Marilyn: You took that red-bellied WP through the window? You have very clean windows! LOL. Nice pic!
TIgerlily: Good job catching the flicker. I've never-ever seen one come to the feeders.
Deb

Melbourne, FL

Woodpecker shot from today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Indigo Bunting.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Squirrel stretch.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Squirrel posing.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Gardenpom: Lovely birds, but that 2nd squirrel shot is priceless!
Deb

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

If you look closely, there are 3 Bald Eagles soring in this picture.

Whoops, one Eagle is under the copyright info.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2007 5:04 PM

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh gardenpom I love your little squirrel too! I love it when they hold their hands up to their chests like that.

great pictures everybody!

Melbourne, FL

Thanks. Here are a few EARLY morning shots. Mr Hawk made a brief appearance, all the while being divebombed by a Mockingbird.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

I have been seeing flocks of Crows, finally got one sitting still.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Got a few Hummer shots...here he is sitting for a rest after feeding.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Right after the Hummer left, I was pleased to see the bright orange flash of an Oriole.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I looked out my back window and saw this little lady cardinal bathing in the bird bath. She stayed there several minutes splashing and having a good time.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I had several of these little woodpecking fellas last year and really enjoyed watching them. I saw 2 of them this morning on the same ol' tree.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

This little red bellied woodpecker is new to my yard. I think he's probably a younger bird when I compare him to the usual RBWP suspects out there.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

The next generation of bird watchers. Jolie Faye

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Janet, your lady cardinal photo is just wonderful!! There is so much texture that draws your eye - great job!!

and gardenpom... I think we should all meet at your house for a Dave's birdfest! You get the best variety!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh, Jolie Fay is absolutely precious!! I can almost hear her giggle. She looks like a little garden pixie!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Lily. I was really pleased with that one considering it was taken through the french door windows. Those windows aren't always the cleanest because of dog paws and baby hands.

This last photo I'm posting is to show my bird food snail guard. I found him at one of the thrift stores. He's really heavy and keeps the rascals out of my stash of food. That little can holds a waybigo bag of seed from the feed store, along with a bag of peanuts, and a small bag of thistle. I keep a copper scooper (it's actually a big water dipper) in the can and use that to fill up my feeders with.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

It's unbelievable just how good she is. I get to keep her during the week. Rarely do I ever hear her crying. She spends a lot of time with me outside playing. I've been working on the yard so much and each day we go around learning about different flowers and colors and about the wildlife out there. The yard isn't real big, but it's a huge learning experience for us both.

And you are right, she is a giggler. Sometimes I will hear her bust out laughing out of the clear blue sky. I always wonder what she is thinking when she does that. She will have her first birthday in a couple of days. She's just starting to toddle around the yard without any hands to hold her up. She loves being barefoot almost as much as Maw Maw does. She laughs whenever the grass goes between her toes. HAHAHA

(Zone 3b)

She's a doll - I love your deck, and of course, the photos of the happy birds there, bath time is really cute.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Oh Oh I almost forgot. I finally got some photos of the little red bird I mentioned before. Taken from inside the house.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's a closer shot of his head. I was about 5 ft. from the window so the glare is there unfortunately.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Kiska. She's a really special child to all of us.

I saw this RBWP at the same time as the previous red bird. That red head is almost clownish colored! HAHAHA

Janet

(Zone 3b)

Janet, she looks like a wonderful inquisitive little child. The head is very colorful, for sure. Busy at the feeders, too. Must be nice to see so many varieties in your yard.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sweet Housefinch and RBWP! Janet!

:-)

Wilton, CA(Zone 9b)

Janet,
Jolie ,your little helper is adorable. Here's my helper, Rylee.

Thumbnail by SacValley
(Zone 3b)

oh Jo, she's so cute!!! The yard looks great, too. Is Rylee scattering sunflower seeds? Hugs.
sister Kiska

Wilton, CA(Zone 9b)

My favorite little guys!

Thumbnail by SacValley
(Zone 3b)

Looks as if you've got the best food in the valley - they are very pretty.

Melbourne, FL

Lilyfantn, I am really enjoying all the bird varieties here...the weather is perfect. I know in another month it will be too hot to spend much time outside watching birds!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Rylee looks like she's a waybigo helper. Your birds are beautiful. I haven't seen any that look like that here.

I am so much more aware of the differences in them this year than I was last year thanks to everyone that posts photos of their beautiful birds. Hubby bought me a really great pair of binoculars for Christmas. I know that they were supposed to be for hunting..... but......I was thinking of getting decked out in camos and maybe putting some peanut butter close by and sitting with a camera and the binoculars. I could be anywhere in the yard and they wouldn't see me. HAHAHA There may even be a tree stand out by the little building. I'll be derned if I want to use that sucker myself. It's been probably at least 10 years since I scooted myself up a tall tree (at some Godawful early hour, no less).

Today, I had a great experience. I walked out back and there were at least 5 squirrels that I counted. I started taking photos and they all turned out great.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Uh... y'all wouldn't mind a few squirrels in this thread, would you???

::::::Waybigo grin::::::

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I didn't hear any objections, so here's another one.... sitting on my BF cage.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I can't say I've ever seen one here. That is a Yucca type tree that the squirrel is on. He's been waiting patiently for his turn at the feeders and right after I took this shot, he decided he'd waited long enough and jumped to the ground to get some of the flying seeds.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

For several days now, I've been putting out oranges, cut into little triangles. I haven't seen any birds going for it yet. Today I saw this squirrel eating one of the orange pieces. I didn't see the lizard behind him until I downloaded the photo.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.