Daily pics #6

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's two of them running and passing each other along the fence line.

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

And back to birds. I usually have some peanuts in this heavy cast iron feeder. Unfortunately, it's got a lot of rust inside of it. Is there any way to get rid of the rust???

Janet

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Janet, fabulous pictures and what a gorgeous little girl!

Jo, Rylee is also adorable - I can't wait till I have a new grandbaby in September - my youngest at this time is nine and more interested in computers, etc., than anything like his grandma (not entirely true - he loves to come here . . . and play video games on the TV!!).

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks!

I spent most of my own kids' growing up time working outside of the house and didn't REALLY TRULY get to enjoy them. This is the 3rd grandbaby that I've been blessed to enjoy. They are all precious to me. The Kaylee is 3 1/2 , Ben is almost 2, and Jolie will be 1 in a few days.

This morning while Jolie took her nap, I planted a whole bunch of seeds for an explosion of color. Many of these are for butterflies and birds. I only planted half of the seed packets.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I am sending the remaining seeds to my Aunt in Virginia who is living in my mother's house. Mom will be there at the end of April. My aunt loves to grow flowers. She lost her husband last fall and doesn't really have much other interest. She doesn't read or enjoy movies. Hopefully the seeds will be an inspiration to her. For many years, Mom buys a couple of pots of petunias and calls it a day. She knows that she will be coming back to San Antonio in the Fall so has never really done her yard up right. I'm hoping Auntie will make Mom's yard a waybigo butterfly garden. Mom would just love that.

Last year she found a nest of robin blue eggs in one of her petunia pots. She was so excited about it.

This is the old family homestead in Virginia. It sits on 8 acres and backs up to the Blue Ridge Mountains. This photo was taken in 1997, but nothing has changed since then.

I just thought I'd share this with you folks.

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Lovin' all the photos! Wish we had the varieties here that show up elsewhere. Some of you have sooo many!

Here's a shot of my favorite again. Probably the best towhee shot I've taken so far.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Well spotted! ;-)

Next installment . . .
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/706755/

Melbourne, FL

That Towhee looks like a mix of several birds all thrown together! Nice shot.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

tigerlily, beautiful shot! What kind of camera do you use? How about answering me in daily pics #7 lol!

Uniquetreasure, I love all your ictures and family stories - what kind of seeds are you planting for butterflies? And as said above ome on over to page 7 to tell us. :-)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Beautiful shot tigerlily!! Applaudes~~clap clap! Whistle!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.