Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions

(Zone 1)

LOL Nancy! I remember a couple of months ago lurking on one of the forums where someone was posting photo's of their garden in the making with huge boulders they had trucked in and I posted that I would trade some Florida Sand for some of their Rocks! :) A few of us had a back and forth discussion about Rocks ... I wasn't the only one who offered to trade for some! I would just love it if someone could ship me some rocks! I have a little Rock from the Smokey Mountains that I brought back years ago, and a large piece of Coquina Rock from The Florida Keys from a trip back in the early 70's! Hey, I guess I'm a bit Nuts! What can I say .... I like Rocks! So, I had to laugh when you made that comment re: Connie sending you a box of rocks!

Lin

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Yes Lin,I am a rock collector of sorts too.Whenever we go on vacation I always remember to pick a few up along the way.I mark where each came from and I have them dappled around in my flowerbeds.My hubby thinks I'm silly but he has even brought a few home for me : ) Yes..I Like Rocks : ))

Connie,Hope your storms don't get too bad.Stay Safe!

(Zone 1)

I used to collect Sea Shells too ... My husband always said, I couldn't just walk on the beach .... I ALWAYS had to stop and pick up shells!

I should begin including a shell of some kind in my boxes of plants when I make a trade. I threw out most of my shells a long time ago ... taking up too much space, but I know I still have a couple of bowls full in my Florida room, somewhere!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gale, I got the gift! I love it!!

(Zone 1)

C'mon Y'all ... post some photo's of your "Whimsy's"!! Is Holly the only one who's gotten her package so far?

I got mine today. I would post pics but camera is messed up and I refuse to use it til it gets fixed. lol. I got a Bromeliad plant from Gale. It is gorgeous!!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Gail, your package went out in today's mail: conf 3 0305-2710-0001-3769-1283. Let me know when you receive it & the contents are in one piece. Thanks. Judy Showers

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes Nancy, I have two small water features and expecting to start a much larger pond this summer. Here is a picture of my Box Pond. I bought all the materials to build the pond and gave them to Ric for his birthday. It sits on the Patio and it is really nice sitting out on the Patio listening to the sound of the water.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

That looks so soothing Holly.I had never even heard of a box pond.I really love the looks of that.So neat : )

Connie/pepsidrinker your Whimsy Box will go out with tomorrows mail.Here is the confirmation # 01038555749906884527 Hope you like it : ))
Nancy

This message was edited Mar 15, 2007 1:57 PM

Missg/Gale & Nan,
your whimsy has been mailed...hope both of you like it.

Lin,I'm a rock & seashell lover,too :)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay, went and bought the gifts today, and will be mailing them out tomorrow. :o)

I hope you enjoy it :o)

Nancy it rained on and off up til about 2 then turned to snow *yuck* but the sun came out and melted it all away :o) I sure hope we don't get anymore... I have had enough to do me til next winter :o)

Connie

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi y'all, Lin I got my first garden whimsey, she is adorable!!!!!!! I put her on the dining room table to freak my family out, since they know I am an animal and nature nut case!!! They actually thought it was real and I had tamed it!!!! It is so cute, and I absolutely love her!!!!!! Thanks!!!

Thumbnail by rose_petalzz
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

oooo... I Love That! Such a Tweet Birdy .That is just so darned cute: )

(Zone 1)

Ruby: You are so very welcome! I'm glad you like her ... I love birds and wildlife too ..... well ..... some wildlife! :)

Lin

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I had planned on mailing my 4 pkgs out today, but woke with a really bad sore throat this morning and our weather has really turned nasty cold... So I will probably wait til Monday to mail them out. I hope you 4 enjoy what I send :o) If dh goes into town today, I will have him mail them, will let you know if he does, his not feeling well either... Man I hate it when the weather changes like this...

Have a great day,

Connie

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Feel Better Connie : )

(Zone 1)

Yes Connie ... hope you and your DH feel better real soon! Hang in there .... Spring is on the way! I will "WISH" some of our Beautiful, Warm Florida Sunshine your way!

Lin

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well dh is going into town, so he is taking the pkgs to the PO for me :o)

so they will be going out today :-} Sorry there won't be confirmation numbers, so please post or dmail to let me know when they arrive.

Connie

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

Its adorable!

Cincinnati, OH

Hey all, hope to get boxes out to dispatcherlou and stownes today.

Connie!! Yes, it has been a long time! I am stil hanging on to that knot I tied on the end of my rope! I believe we are starting to be in a better place now with my son.....but I most definitely don't want to speak too soon. LOL. Everyone has pretty much recovered from the accident, and we are moving along!! Thanks so much for asking!

This exchange is exactly what I needed. I love reconnecting with my old friends and making new ones!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Will do Connie.Have a rested weekend : )
Well I just signed up yet another time.This is such crazy fun..I just can't stop myself.LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I just signed up for the third time and still haven't sent out my first Whimsey. Running a little behind, I want to send a few starters out. I'll be mailing next week warm weather or not.
Lin, Your not my exchange but you'll be getting a few surprises too.

(Zone 1)

?????? Holly ..... you didn't need to send me anything ...... but ....... I love surprises!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Nothing big Lin, Just somethings that I have been storing in a chest in my living room for a long time. I think you like them. LOL
I'll send them out next week. Holly

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Colie,
I recevied my whimsy exchange today.
thanks so much I can't wait to plant them
like you said this is crazy fun.
Gale

Thumbnail by missg
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Gale that is really neat.My mother received one of those as a gift a few years back for her birthday and shes been looking for another ever since.They are really nice.
Colie..Where on earth did you find something like that?

Yes Colie, where did you find
the seeded flower Mat I would
like to get more.
Gale

(Zone 1)

Looks like the label reads: Lowe's Garden Club .... I'm heading to Lowe's tomorrow!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Good Eye Lin...Lowes here we come....: )

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Nan- I put something in the mail for you today. I expect you'll have it by the end of next week. Something with a theme of my home state.........hope you like it!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow, What a cute idea. That's really going to be a lot of fun to watch it grow. We want to see pictures later.

Will post pictures, of different stages.
Gale

I should have all of the gifts out tomorrow. I hope. lol.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This DG site is getting 'spooky' as we seem to read one another's mind. I haven't even mailed my whimsies out and look what Lin sent and I got today....this a simply a nice gesture....love both, Lin and, what you don't know, is that yesterday I bought some new hummingbird feeders (with the goal being to feed 300 flying around at once). This is an awesome place to find friends and share what we love.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

That is simply adorable Gail.I agree there are no better people in the world than I have found on Daves : )
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Gail: Glad you got the VF-11 sample bottle I sent .... The SunCatcher was just a little extra "surprise" I wanted to send you. Wow! 300 Hummers! You Lucky Gal! We get a few around here in the Spring and Summer, but I've NEVER seen more than one at a time! Oh .... what a Beautiful "hummin" sight that must be! See if you can get some photo's of those flying beauties some time!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, I will!!!! Last summer i only had two feeders going and could easily get 100 hummers at one time. The young man at the local feed store told me that he can get several hundred at a time. He is participating this year in a photography contest for lots of different kinds of birds. I also got a feeder for the cardinals with the right food and another one to feed bluebirds and some other birds. Remember that I am sitting on the Chiltipin Creek close to Rockport......one of the best areas for bird watching in the US. I have a cousin in South Carolina who would come home every year just to bird watch...sitting for hours at a time to catch the "best look"...

Gale,glad the plant mat arrived & hope it grows beautifully for you(would love to see pictures as it grows).
Lin,yes I bought it at Lowes.If you can't find one let me know & I will get you one(this goes for Nancy & Holly or anyone else,also.
Lin, the beautiful butterfly arrived today! I know it's to hang on a pot but I have mine hanging on my lamp shade,so at night when I turn my lamp on & sitting watching tv,I can see my butterfly,too:) Thank you so much!!
Colie
P.S. We may need a part two on this-my dial-up is getting slooow.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Great Suggestion Colie : ) This thread is getting really slow...I started a new one..Part 2..so everyone...

((: PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD ANY LONGER : ))

OK.. The Link to continue our Garden Whimsy Exchange discussion,questions, and chat please go here:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/702513/

Thanks Everyone : )
Nancy

This message was edited Mar 17, 2007 8:36 AM

Crozet, VA

I had forgotten to check these threads for a few days. When I just went over to list my name, I was so surprised to see that above me is the same name of person who sent me a rooting jar and actual ivy root. Buttoneer, I hope that it doesnt upset you that you need to send to me again.

The past two or three days, the ivy has begun to root. There are only two or three tiny roots at moment but am sure that more will be coming soon. Now......another question. Please tell me about the ivy. Is it ground cover? bush? plant? Please advise so that I will know where to plant it and about how room it will be needing.

Anyway, thank you so much for including the ivy slip. I am already enjoying it. And... I still love the rooting jar too.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.