Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

okay I am confused now, I thought this was the question thread and the sign up was on the other thread? did I do it right???

Connie

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

You can use this thread to let the person know when the whimsy was sent out.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Connie you did it right. You add your name to the other thread and then come back here to talk, post pics and generaly have a good time getting to know everyone. All those posts at the top were just to see who all was interested in doing an exchange.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

okay thanks PG, thought I was losing it there for a minute rofl.

(Zone 1)

Connie/Pepsidrinker: You are correct ... this thread is just for discussion and questions. The thread for sign up is here:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700583/

p.s. I'm a pepsi drinker too ... am addicted to Diet Pepsi Vanilla!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Yep Connie you did it right.LOL we also come back to this thread to let the person we are sending to know its on the way and to share what we have received and to thank our senders and to just shoot the breeze : ). OK Now for your questions...To save some posting space here.. and because I am so bad at explaining things LOL please see posts above from Plantladylin.She explains everything perfectly : ))OK so You send to the first person to sign up under your post on the exchange thread.If no one else signs up before April 1st (yeah right hee hee) then you would be the last person and then you would send to me.Oh and you can sign up as many times as you like..there is no limit..the only rule is that we allow 3 or 4 other people to sign up below us before we sign ourselves up again.I hope this makes sense? Its nice to dmail the person who signs up below you as soon as possible to get their address and let them know when you will be sending your Whimsy to them.You can send your Whimsy immediately or whever it is convenient for you and the person you are sending too.All packages should be received by April 7th.Have Fun !! : )
Nancy

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks Lin..."AGAIN" for your help and the link.What would I do without you???I don't even want to think about that! LOL

(Zone 1)

You are quite welcome .... I like being helpful!

edited to say: I am real curious about how many "whimsy's" will have been exchanged when this is over? I have signed up twice and I KNOW I will be signing my name a few more times .... so much fun!

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 7:59 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Gosh,, I am new to this, and I am so ready for some lighthearted fun! Older mommy here of a 6y.o and a 2.5 year old. I need something in the mail for me,,, silly, cute,, worthless treasure,, whatever!!!!! I don't care!!! I will be happy with whatever has my name on it that is not a bill! LOL I went out today and bought my first houseplant I have had in years. We moved here not long ago, and it was a very hard move. The gardens are a mess. I was used to growing perrennials, for a business and never had time for houseplants.. So..I am renewing my life just by joining in here!! And I am SO grateful!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!! So glad I found this forum!
flowerlou. Mary.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Yipee!! LOL. I can't wait to see what I get!! I will get mine out as soon as I can. Need to stick a big post it on the comp screen so I will hop on it. LOL. I will let everyone know when I send them out.

(Zone 1)

Welcome to Dave's Garden Flowerlou! Sounds like you've got your hands full with a 6 year old and a 2.5 year old!

We are so glad you are here! This "Garden" is so much fun and I know you will make a lot of good friends. There's a wealth of information from so many generous, kind and knowledgeable people! Have fun, and enjoy! Always remember .... It's Good to treat yourself once in awhile! You deserve it! As women, we tend to put ourselves last in most cases .... I feel it's VERY important to try and remember to do something nice for ourselves once in awhile, even if it's just buying ourselves a house plant!

Again, Welcome ....

Lin

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi pepper, by your statement

Quoting:
I will let everyone know when I send them out.
It sounds like you think you have to send everyone a gift???? You don't, just the 1st person that signs up under your name on the other thread....

I also sent you a dmail, I am your exchange person...

Connie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I am signing up more than once so I meant those who are recieving my gifts. LOL. But I can see why you thought I meant everyone.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh ok Amanda, my poor fickled brain gets so confused rofl...
Connie

Nan,
You have dmail.
I need your address.
Thanks.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Colie dear! You have d-mail back!

flowerlou/Mary....I like your philosophy, despite the value, anything with /your/my name on it in the mailbox that isn't a bill is FABULOUS!! (Ü)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Pepper and Kelly will get yours out this weekend sometime :o)

Hey Kelly how the heck have you been? Lord girl it's been a long time :o)

Connie

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Mary/flowerlou your Whimsy Box is on its way usps # 01038555749894061580 Hope you like :)
Nancy

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My goodness, you ladies are efficient...know what i am going to send.......but this is the country and we don't move this fast (LOL).....what fun!!!

(Zone 1)

I sure want to sign up for the 3rd time, but don't want to seem too selfish! Has anyone signed up more than twice?

Lin

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am now signing up one more time, Lin!!!!! (LOL) under you!!!!!
where do we go, Lin to sign up one more time or is this the place????????????????????

This message was edited Mar 13, 2007 6:45 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I think I'm going to sign up again for a 3rd time. I'm just waiting a little longer. It would be nice if I could get the first 2 mailed out first.

(Zone 1)

LOL Gail .... I just signed up under you! 3rd Time! Shall we go for 4, 5, 6 ..... or Hey, 7 is my lucky number! Maybe I'll make it to Sign Up #7 before Nancy closes this out!

:)

Lin

edited to say: Go for it Holly!

This message was edited Mar 13, 2007 7:51 PM

(Zone 1)

I mailed my first two out .... now who's gonna sign up under me this time?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I'm going to sign up again too.This is too much fun to stop now.I will wait though til someone else signs up below you Lin.I think you have sent me enough packages for awhile.Pretty soon they will be addressing themselves : )

(Zone 1)

Oh Nancy: No one has signed up below me yet .... C'mon Y'all .... someone needs to sign up below me again! Y'all are gonna give me a complex, or hurt my feelings.

:)

Really, I promise to send something cute! It was last last night, early when I put my name down again .... Y'all have had plenty of time to think about it .... now hurry ..... get those fingers typing to see who will be next in line!

Lin

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

okay Lin, I signed up under you, 3rd time rofl

(Zone 1)

Ok Pepsidrinker .... You got one coming from me! Will put in the mail today, so maybe you will get it Saturday, if not, then Monday for sure.

Lin

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thx Lin :o)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I hope I am on the right thread....I won't be sending out my 3 surprises until Monday or Tuesday as they have live something in the surprises....

(Zone 1)

Oooooh Gail .... Now you will have us all wondering!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well I am getting anxious to send some more Whimsy's.Off to sign up again : ))

(Zone 1)

Ok Pepsidrinker/Connie: I mailed your package today so you should get it Saturday or Monday!

P.O. Confirmation # 0306 3030 0002 4149 6085

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Diane/Makshi,Your Whimsy Box will be on their way to you in tomorrows mail.Confirmation# 01038555749958888344 Hope you like it : )) Nancy

Edited to say...Its on its way Diane...

This message was edited Mar 15, 2007 2:00 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Whimsey, I got a Whimsey. Thank you Nancy. I just love, love it. Yes it will be great in my yard. Nancy sent me a package with several very cute items. First a Blue Heron wind chime made with colored glass, beads and copper wire and also a very cute Dragon fly also done with glass beads and copper plus some adorable little post its. I'll really put them to use. Thank you so very much. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is a picture of the dragon fly and post its. Nancy Thank you again. Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
(Zone 1)

Oh, I Really Love that Blue Heron and The Dragon Fly! And, such cute Post It's too .... Sharon, where did you find all those cuties??

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

oh and Nancy I finally got you :o) K thats 3 got to mail out this week end :o)

hmmmm Nancy the mind is working here, what to get you girlfriend hmmmmm rofl

Connie

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Holly I'm glad you liked the whimsy's.I had read somewhere you had a pond I believe? LOL and thought the Heron and Dragonfly would fit right in : ))

Oh Connie,I am sooo easy...you could just throw some rocks in a box and I would love them : ))

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

hahahahahaha yeah right, NOT!

Well it is fixing to storm so got to power down the ole PC for now...

You all have a great night...

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.