Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the suggestion of starting a new thread Plantladylin.
Ok lets see how much interest there is in an exchange like this.
Everyone Please post here if you are interested in in a new exchange. Based on the same format as HollyAnnS rooting jar exchange.If there is enough interest I will take it to the next level of actual signups.Sound good?

For this exchange we would Send something along the lines of anything garden related .... rooting jars,wind chimes, garden gloves,garden books inexpensive little statue type things (frogs,birds, toads, turtles, rabbits ...., little wooden garden signs, garden flags,pot sitters .... cute pots to put a plant in etc.

If anyone has anything to add or questions please post them here.
Nancy

To Add Your Name To The Exchange Go Here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700583/

This message was edited Mar 11, 2007 10:50 AM

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Plaques or plant-related wall decor.

I'm in!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wonderful ideas Nan : )

(Zone 1)

You Know I'm In! :)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh Yeah Lin : ))

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Count me in.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

in, please
Sally

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

count me in, too, please
gail

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I would luv to be counted in if someone doesn't mind sending to me in Canada.
:( Donna

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Certainly Donna I can't see any reason why you can't join in on the fun.
Oh it looks like we are getting quite a bit of interest.This will be so much fun.I will post the new thread on Monday.Then I think we will do just as Holly did with the rooting jar exchange.each person will sign up and send a package to the person who posts directly below them?Does that sound ok to everyone? If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know ok?
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Sounds Perfect .... I can't wait!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just got back from garden show and was checking out cute little things I could get to send. Also have many cute little things I'm not using right now. Also thinking of cute little things I could make (with my tons of free time) Yeah!!!. Yes we can add our name over and over and over again...............?

(Zone 1)

Oh Holly ... I agree, we can add our name many times!

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Sounds like a bunch of fun :-)

Crozet, VA

I am raising my hand to be included.

Ruby

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh this is going to be so much fun.I will start a new thread on Monday morning or if I have time I will do it this weekend yet : )) .We will do it the same way Holly(thank you!) did the rooting jar exchange.Everyone will post their name and then send a package to the person who posts their name directly below theirs : ) A person can add their name as many times as they want...just make sure there is some spacing between signups?Hope that makes sense LOL Gotta go run some errands.I'll check back later
Nancy

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Nancy, sounds great to me.
count me in
Gale

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in! Lou

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 7:53 PM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OK Everyone.I started a new thread for signups.Go Here To Add Your Name: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700583
remember just names only.......no discussions or questions........
We will continue to use this thread for questions and discussion and to post the goodies we have received and just to plain ol chit chat. Have fun : )) Nancy

This message was edited Mar 11, 2007 12:01 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I posted an invite to the Garden Arts group. We'll see if we get any interest. Going over to sign up now. Thanks Nancy for moving ahead with this. Holly

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

And thank you Holly for passing down the torch LOL and letting me "use" your tools of the trade : )

OOOO and Looks like Holly was first to sign up sooo I get to send to Holly.Let me see..what to send?? hee hee I am going to have fun with this.I will let you know the confirmation number as it is sent Holly.It will going out tomorrow or tues : ))
Oh this is fun!

(Zone 1)

I almost forgot again and posted on the sign up sheet! Hope I don't do that again ... did it a couple of times on the rooting jar exchange!

Rose_Petalzz/Ruby: Your first "Whimsy" will be in the mail tomorrow ... she's all packaged up and ready to go!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, I really enjoyed reading the root jar thread, and I would love to be included in Garden wimsey.
Will sign up now
thanks!
flowerlou

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome flowerlou and all who signed up today.Thanks for joining in on the fun : )

Lin and everyone else Please feel free to sign up again and again...As long as there are at least 3 or 4 spaces between signups it is no problem at all.Have fun spreading your whimsys around : ))
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Rose_Petalzz/Ruby: Your box with the Garden Whimsy from me is in the mail! I sent it Priority this morning, so you should receive it on Wednesday. Let me know when it arrives. The P.O. Confirmation # is: 0306 2400 0001 9906 7946

Lin

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lin is giving hints.... She's already to go...HHHHUUUUMMMMM????? Can't wait to start seeing pictures.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Holly your Garden Whimsy is on its way from me too.Usps Priority #9150805213907544576698

Hope you like what I picked for you : ))
Nancy

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Wow...you folks are FAST!!
I won't be able to mail until next Monday, likely.
Hope that's OK w/you, Diane, (makshi)?
I'll make it *good*!!!

(Zone 1)

Ok Christmascactus/Colie: You posted below my name, so you will be getting a Garden Whimsy from me! I will get it in the mail tomorrow!

If I had waited, I could have included it in with the plants I sent you this morning!

Lin

Lin,oh I'm sorry.

(Zone 1)

Colie .... you don't have to say your sorry. There's No Problem ... the P.O. is only about a mile from me and I'm up and down that road all the time! I will be mailing out a couple of other things too, so I didn't mean to say you shouldn't have posted below me! I have something all wrapped up and ready to go! Will let you know when it's in the mail!

Lin

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I have a question since I never did the rooting jar one. What is everyone expecting in terms of number of whimsies or value?

(Zone 1)

Just one little Whimsy with each posting ... I think value should not be more than $5 or a little more, if necessary ( U.S. currency.) That way people of all financial means can participate. You can post your name more than once if you like, and get and receive more than one Whimsy/Gadget. As Nancy said, just leave @ 4 names in between each time you post.

As for me .... I don't have any expectations of what the object will be or what it's worth .... it's just for the fun and camaraderie of the exchange! I will treasure any little gadget I get, to display on my plant shelf or in the garden!

Everyone agree?

Lin

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Sorry I have been away most of the day Donna.Looks like your question was answered already.Thank You Lin For The "Perfect" Explaination : ) That is exactly what I would have said.Only thing is you have a way of making it alot easier to understand.LOL Thanks for being my wingperson ; )
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Nancy: You are welcome. I didn't want to speak out of term, but just thought I would give my interpretation of the "Exchange".

And, Donna: I see you posted above me so Please, don't spend money on anything if you don't have to! If you have a little "whimsy" type thing sitting around the house that you can part with, that would be great! Don't feel pressured to go out and buy something! I would even enjoy a gardening type magazine! (One that you are finished with of course)! Or even Gardening Catalogs ... those that come in the mail! I know to some I might seem weird .... but that's me! LOL. I love seeing stuff from other areas of the Country, or in this case it would be from Canada! I think it would be really neat to see some type of Canadian Home/Garden Magazine or Catalog! I'm a magazine/catalog nut, can you tell? But, seriously Donna, make it simple .... easy for you, that's what makes it fun! We don't want anyone getting stressed out over what to send ... Life's too short! :)

Lin

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Lin and Nancy. Sounds like fun!
:) Donna

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Nancy I guess I will have to give this a try :o) sounds like a lot of fun.... Now I have to go find the rules and read them lol...

Connie

Okay, deleted the questions, they were already answered...

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 7:47 PM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome Connie.So happy to see you joining in on the fun : ))

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Sounds like a lot of fun, Nancy :o)

Now I have an excuse to go shopping again hahaha, Like I really need an excuse rofl.

Connie

This message was edited Mar 12, 2007 7:48 PM

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Amanda/Pepper23
Your package is on the way.
confir.# 0306 3030 0002 4989 5514
I hope you enjoy it.
Gale

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.