Where's everyone

Hamburg/Pinnebog, MI(Zone 6a)

I just heard that its only goin' be maybe 2 to 3 inches in lower SE part....
And by the way I'm back here at dave's, was gone for few years and had some changes..

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Yep heard the news tonight and we are in for it... Still not sure what we're gonna get, Ice snaoe rain, maybe all three :( geesh.... But the bright side of it all is SPRING is gonna be here SOON I HOPE :)

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

11 o'clock weather report here said we are getting some of everything. Rain...sleet....snow

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

welcome back TomK...hehehe Nice to have you back...among...the Michigan club..ahaha...weather..oh my ..hopeing for going south...for sure..smiles..good night all..

kkkkk smiles..again..wowow...smiling..right..Diana

Where is everyone today? Blown away? We've had gale force winds here today...just non stop!! DH went out and bought a couple of cord of wood in case the power goes kaput. Expecting sleet, rain, and snow (then maybe spring!!)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning everyone from AuGres/Tawas area.........

Almost 10 am and still no snow.....maybe we are gonna get lucky and its gonna stay to the south of us. We do however, have some pretty strong winds here....I was talking with a friend who lives 60 miles south of me in Saginaw, and they are getting it as I type here....keeping fingers crossed its gonna stay south of us here.....Heard on CNN news that the storm was weakening as it was traveling east.......

Deann

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Raining here now, but supposed to turn to snow later. Our sidewalks are ice covered. The roads aren't too bad though, guess they got out early enough with the salt trucks.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we have snow and freezing pellets-they have downsized us from 7in to 3in-less to melt!!!!!!
im waiting for spring and this storm can blow right on out of here!!

stay warm!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hay I have that much already So I think it can stop now!!!!! G.

sleety, rainy mess here. Haven't been out on the roads to see what's happening there, but from the way people are driving, but must not be slippery!!

My cat grass all sprouted, but my daylily pots look fuzzy...not a good sign...sigh

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Snowing and blowing here, started about 1 this afternoon, and we have about 3 inches on the ground. The wind is blowing about 20 miles per hour with gusts of 35..
A good day to stay in .. Spring is just around the corner!!! Stay Safe!! Aleta

Snow then Sleet then Rain then Snow..... Was up at 5:30 this morning to shovel snow at church..... Anybody started seeds in doors yet?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i have daylilies started and will be doing tomaros and peppers in the next couple weeks!

welcome back Tom :)

Thumbnail by notmartha
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, I started some in the house, don't have lights so put them in my baywindow. I took your advice and put some of the messenger on them and just with in one day seen amazing difference, in just 3 days they have really grown.

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker

many schools delayed here today...heavy snow then rain = icy roads!! I'm going out in a bit - IF I can get out of the driveway (DH didn't plow)

pepsi- good looking sprouts there...mine are still sitting there looking unhappy.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I finally got a round to taking several pictures.
Oh, an I counted my seedlings ... 41 surviving so far. Yikes, I was only going to plant 8 seeds.

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is a picture of my basement set up.
When we were dividing the basement I asked hubby to build a counter so I could have a seed starting area. We ended up using this counter as a divide between the pantry, misc. space and the exercise space. Under the counter we have storage .... no not my seed starting stuff.
He tiled the top, turned out nice and is easy to clean. He also built the pvc tubing light set up. Easy to use.
I can fit approx 8 of the larger black starter trays under the lights, and a few smaller pots on the sides.

He brought the counter out to one of the basement poles, covered the pole to the ceiling.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Ok, one last picture of the basement.
I had a Dahlia tuber begin to grow, so had to put that under the lights for a while too.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Let us travel back to Febuary 21st. It had been a warmer night and the snow had begun to melt. We had fog. Then it began to get cold again. I loved the description used by the news, "Freezing Fog".
I ran out and took pictures of what "Freezing Fog" looked like.
It looked best on my Birch Tree.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Close up of the 'Freezing Fog'.
It is 'Jack Frost' on the branches instead of your window. :o)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i luv freezing fog!! oh and your grow area and plants look wonderful! :)

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

smoke bush-fogged!! lol

Thumbnail by notmartha
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is where I start all my plants. It is only 8x10,but suits me just fine..I also am trying some wintersowing this year.
We will be able to grow year round,now that it has the better heater and the wood furnace is heating it ,too. On the coldest nights it was set at 55 and it stayed 50 at 12 below. We are going to put another wall on the inside this summer. It is only a single wall of suntuff. So it will be much easier to heat.
We have about 6 inches on the ground and it is still snowing.. Aleta

Thumbnail by AFDolly
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, your 'fogged' plants are sooooo much 'foggier' than mine! Great pictures!
You HAVE to save me some seeds from your smoke bush. I tried once to start them from seed, but that didn't work. I would love to try again ... so if you get seeds this year, let me know and I will send a sasbe.

Aleta, I love your green house. Perfect size. We aren't going to put a greenhouse on this suburban lot ... just not a good place to put it now that we have the sunroom and the shed and my gardens. But sooner or later, we will have to have the windows replaced in this house and I told hubby we will be saving those windows for later (years, I'm talking about) when we move and retire and we build a small green house for me.

Here is a picture of my Bengal cat - Ahi, the bad cat- as he is known in my home.
When he wants back in the house, he jumps up on the grill and looks in the kitchen window and meows when we walk by.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is Ahi all save and warm inside.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Here is Candy cat - my pretty girl. She stays inside.
Sorry, it is hard to see her in this picture and I even lightened it up some. She is all black and furry.
Ahi loves to be mean to her. He is such a 'bad boy'.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, you need to post those 'freezing fog' pictures on the on the Cottage Garden forum. Show those 'warm climate' people what they are missing! LOL
They miss out on so much beauty.
They are pictures of you 'Ever Changing Garden' after all. :o)
It seems funny to me that Wallaby never comments on any of 'our' gardens.
toofew~

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the weatherman is saying blah blah blah more snow blah blah blah!!!
I say MELT dog gone it! The boys sure were hoping for a snowday! lol
I cant wait till spring break! im really tired of skool and i dont even have to go!
Last night we had the popo down the road-another car had went in the ditch
I have no idea why they slid off the road-sure it was slick but only 1-2in of snow!

I guess i should stroll out to the mailbox and see what i got
Yesterday i got my VDay present i ordered me-a autographed willie horton picture and
34 magglio ordonez baseball cards-yahooooooooo!

Hope your days are filled with FUN and warmth!!!
spring cometh

Another storm headed our way- ice and snow. It MUST be the last one for the season...I am just about frazzled with all this mess...Plus Sat I have an all day garden seminar and if I have to miss it -I don't know what I will do!!

Just saw the stock market is heading back up....that is a positive thought!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i heard there is a mess coming this way again-it best be the LAST one!!
in like a Lion out like a LAMB i hopes! I am sick of the cold and snow-lets
get on with spring and mud!!

garden seminar-sounds fun!
glad to see the stocks are up but so is gas 2.60 over this way!

going to take a shower and unthaw my feeties!

Don't know what's coming tonight...I hear different reports, so i guess I'll just wake up in morn and find out...But I'm getting a wee bit tired of this stuff, but I guess it's winter is winter.....COME ON SUN & WARMTH!!!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone...wowow it was a nice day today...we went for a trip..well short one..and there were Red Wing Black birds...all over the place..now that is a sign of Spring for sure...so Everyone...I think it is on its way..hehe...Many Many birds of pray were also...doing the hunting...there was still snow...but some place..I am sure they were looking for me"cess..hehe...and widdle things to eat.. If we are going to get blasted..I hope too it is the last..But remember this is good old..Michigan...never know...about it...

Smiles Everyone...Diana 39F...at 4:31 Pm...hehhe

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Tom, my sentiments exactly, but not going to let this weather get me down :o) Went shopping yesterday and today, and got a few things to put in the new garden beds I will be putting in SOON lol

Here's a pic of the things I got minus the 6 hanging baskets that are in the garage...
The umbrella, my dh bought me :o)

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Oooooooooooo.....I want that umbrella!!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

MsKatt, it was 19.97 at craft 2000, I have been keeping my eye on it and the tricycle for months. They have a few other things I got my eye on too... May have to go back and get them lol

The gnomes and pots came from Big Lots...

Well I am off, gonna get comfy and watch the tube...

Have a good night one and all.

Connie

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

pepsi, what is craft2000? Is that like a hobby lobby?

Looking at my radar (at work) it looks like a sloppy mess headed toward us. I can hardly wait. >:(

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

It's like Michaels,

Holey moley....you should hear the wind!! Sounds like the roof is going to be flying off - sure hope the greenhouse stays planted! Our east windows/doors are ice covered so I can't even see what's happening outside (but it's dark out anyhow). Many schools are delaying or closing....again...

I have candles/flashlights etc all set...I need to go in the car trunk and snag my last 2 liter of diet coke!! I always keep a spare one hidden there - just for me!

Hang on sloopie!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Good Morning Happy first day of march
Hey Sarv, same here on the weather, raining those little ice balls here. The wind woke me up out of a very sound sleep, thought my bedroom window was gonna blow right out. Guess its suppose to do this all day. Traffic on telegraph is moving normal as ever tho, so the salt trucks must have been out already.

You all have a great day :o)

Connie

Spring is here...it's thundering and lightning out!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.