Where's everyone

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Mine is totally solar power and i dont use it in the winter! 12x16
mine says 88 i know im sweating- been cleaning it up and getting it ready.
came in for a drink and tell Kegan hi when he got off the bus-now im going back out
and enjoy the sunshine-taking some JAMZ out there too! :) It sure lifts the spirits doesnt it?!!!
OH and i have to wade threw knee high snow drifts in some spots-the garden is all drifted!!!

laterz/cheerz

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

cloudy, snowy here...no visit to the greenhouse...just sitting inside with the woodstove roaring. My GH is all cleaned up- just waiting for some cute little seedlings...

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone............I'm the delinquent one here.....have not been checking Dave's on a daily basis.....but Dori keeps me informed on IM. Just been hanging out and trying to stay warm. Waiting for spring....40 more days.......and counting.....next week I will start the winter sowing.

Was in my greenhouse and it was 60 in there this morning. I don't heat mine in winter, as its too costly, but Aleta....what a great idea with the wood stove.....I may have to come out to visit you and check it out and see how you have it set up. I use to heat mine but have not in the last 3 years because of cost.

Will check this thread now daily.....am putting it on my watch list......

Deann

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Another sunny day here...
Deann ,you are welcome anytime.. Yes I know about the cost of trying to heat it. Hubby had them add this when we bought the furnace to heat the house. He first had them put in a baseboard heater.It was only 5,600 BTU. Not enough to heat it. Now it has a 40,000 BTU one ,plus the baseboard. We still have some things to do to hold more heat in.
Here is a pic of the heater.
Aleta

Thumbnail by AFDolly
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Is everyone ready down south here for our big snow storm? Hey, Paul, you get to see a lot of snow before you leave for Florida. LOL

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

hemlady, don't you know it will pass us by .... hoping here!
I've got so much to do tonight, and then we are going out with friends for an early VD dinner.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Toofew, my daughter lives in Southgate and the last time it snowed she didn't get much of anything there, so maybe you will be safe where you are, lol.

Not much happening here weather wise other than a brisk east wind - which makes our house a refrigerator!! We're about out of wood, so we'll have to crank on the furnace and look at dollar signs!! Oh well....

I was just listening to the weather report and they said RAIN by next weekend!! What a hoot....Michigan weather can't make up its mind!

Keep safe everyone and batten down the hatches!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow...rain by next weekend...haha...I will not hold my breathe..It is snowing here..major..and blowing..from the north east..I think we have about 6 inches..it can stop anytime..hehe...

Yep stay warm..and inside...everyone....

smiles..Diana

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dinner was called off, hubby got stuck behind an accident on I-75.
Kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I have to go to work, hospitals don't have snow days. :o(

The wind is pretty bad here and has been snowing since about 2pm, but very small flakes. Last time I heard they were saying 5 inches in Detroit and 10 inches on the Ohio border. We are right about in between the 2 so .... 8 inches? LOL
toofew

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Toofew, I live just about 8 miles south of Monroe and they said we were in for 6 to 10 inches or more... Our roads are really bad and blowing over just as quick as they scrap... I staying in and staying warm... Will be hybernating till this is done lol...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im home with 2 kids with strep and the teacher sends homework home!!! They are so sick and weak why do teachers think they arent at school! good grief!!

No snow here yet and they say only a inch or two-GOOD i want it all to melt!
I took a time out and planted more daylily seeds i found in the frig today!

Im beat, I dont have strep yet but i havent felt well and have a cough now!
where the heck is spring-around what corner-I dont see it anywhere! ;)

going to catch up on the site for a bit
hugz and if its bad in your area STAY HOME!

Blame connie(pepsidrinker) for your snow she kept asking for it!!! lol

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Ok, pepsidrinker ... it's all your fault ya know! Dori says so.
And by the way, thank you! I actually like this weather. I guess it is because we don't get a ton of snow and when we do, I find it exciting!

Yep, I know where LaSalle is ... do you know where Woodhaven is?
Keep warm you southern girl. :o)
toofew

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Kids and hubby are all hoping for a snow day tomorrow...not much of a chance, unless there is some major drifting!

DD (10) stayed home with an earache today. Dori, her school doesn't send homework home on a sick day unless the parent(s) ask for it. I always do on the off chance that they get bored and want something to do. Better than falling behind...especially for an extended sickness (DS had surgery in January).

It is REALLY cold and REALLY windy. I know out by you Dori, it has to really be howling!

Tonight is my one night off in a row, I hope to be able to sleep like a normal human (I work nights). If not, I while away the hours on my newest very favorite website!! Speaking of...have you guys and gals seen this? I'm so design-challenged...I love it!!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/692257/

Zillion schools closed here again. I bet several of the schools will have to extend their school year to get in the required number of days!! Oh and think of all those valentine parties that will have to be rescheduled....

I'm headed out to the huff/puff later this morning...but think I'll stop for a hot cappiccino first!! My treat to myself.

Still have't started a seed. I do have 3 daylily proliferations on the counter tho! They are doing great!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

WEll we got about 8 inches of "unexpected snow" they are saying Lake Effect....I am about 3 miles from Lake Huron.........Oh well what's 8 more inches....acts as insulation to my plants........that's what I keep telling myself.....35 more days to spring.........

DEann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we maybe got 2in of snow! The sun is out and BRIGHT they say 32 by this weekend-yahoooo
i have to take the boys to the doc for rechecks today-brrrrr i hope he says they can go back to school!

Have to pick up my 21yr old and take him to get his hippie hair cut off too!
darn cant stay in my pj's today!

well im off to start the day-have FUN!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Since my hubby and son are on the road I took my daugher in law and grandbaby out for a nice lunch.

We only got about 2 inches of snow at my house here. The sun was shining most of the day and it wasn't bad out at all.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow lots of snow I'm glad we only got about half an inch I have a question . there used to be or is a daylily farm in AuGres is it still there or are thay closed ?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's hard to tell how much snow we got because of all the drifting, but I'm guessing we got at least 6 inches maybe more.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm not positive but I think the daylily farm is closed. It is owned by a man who is about 95 if I'm not mistaken. I think he was selling out all his plants last year. Deann would know. I'm not sure if he sold them all or not. I drive by there all the time and I still see the sign up but not sure if they just forgot to take it down or what ??

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks I was there a long time ago but wanted to go there this summer I diden't know what I was looking for them but I'm learning now need to learn alot more .Some one droped some flyers off at the store where I work last year so I just was wondering.

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I am glad we are not blowing away!

DH got stuck on Wednesday in the driveway, and he couldn't get to
work. He got so depressed, he slept for 3 hours.

Our friends came to plow and we gave them $20. they wouldn't
accept more. Lou dug out his car, and thats that.

I do not believe it will rain next weekend. Thats NUTS

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

IM very sick the 2 boys and i have strep throat and i ache everywhere! im heading back to bed -this really stinks
But maybe i will wake up and it will be spring! a girl can dream!!!

i seen we will hit 35 next week-yahoooooooo!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, sorry you are so sick.

Turns out my boy has strep also. The rapid strep at the doctors came out negative, but the culture in the lab says positive. He said his throat never hurt.

I'm loving all this snow!

Get well you sickies!!!!

Here's a good one for you. Our local school was closed the other day and the roads were fine. No one could figure out why. It seems that it was the official count day (one body = x $$) There were so many kids sick that they were afraid their count would be way down. There's bronchitis, strep, chicken pox, and lice going round!! One class only had a few students there...

Yup, heard again that next week it will be warmer. Showed the weather map and it is warm out west and it is heading here!! Yahoo. Maybe that will be get kick started into starting seeds.

This morning when I got up, I found my daylily proliferations that were on the bar tipped over and water all over. Hmmmm I thought...did this happend when someone got a drink last night? I stuck them back into cups and added more water. I was sitting at the computer and kept hearing a chomp chomp - cat was on the bar eating them!! Even she wants spring!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

glevely.............Believe it or not that ole Lily farmer is alive and well and living in AuGres.....He was quite ill last year and almost sold his lily farm, but decided not too.....I have seen him still there parked so he still comes around there......Have not seen him since the snow though.....I will keep you posted when he opens up for business.....However, I know of a better Lily farm in this area.....just off 55 between Tawas and West Branch.....Great place, and I know the gal who owns it. She is a Master Gardener. The farm is called Timber Ghost Lily Farm .....Will get more information if your interested.

Deann

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Deann I would love to know more about Timber Ghost I never heard of it thats not to awfully far from here and I would love to learn more about day lilys there going to be a big part of my summer plan for the yard this year along with D .A . roses and irises I already have the hostas .

Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

did someone say daylilies?

Thumbnail by notmartha
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Do all daylilies require dividing every 3 years? I used to have a border of Stellas (about 50) surrounding a flower bed at my other home. They were stunning but I hated having to deadhead them all and then when it came time to divide them it was a back breaking all day job. I would have to lift the whole clump and then saw it in half with a huge butcher knife. It just about killed me to do 50 of them. If I didn't divide them they just didn't do as well and got huge. I eventually turned them all into compost after I had given a bunch away.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

If they multiply fast they should be divided about every 3 years but there are some that are very slow to multiply.

I have been to Timber Ghost Gardens and it is very nice and the owner is very nice.

Hope you feel better Dori. I had a real bad case of strep about l5 years ago and I felt like I was dying. I had the body aches also and it took me 2 months to get rid of the strep. As soon as I was finished with the antibiotics, within 2 weeks it was back again. I feel for you, it is not fun. Get well.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2007 8:58 AM

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Feeling any better yet, Dori? We've had the crud going around at work for a while now...I hope it misses me this time...no such luck last time.

Since puppies make EVERYONE feel better (or maybe just me?? lol)... here's a thread I started in the pets forum:
http://davesgarden.com/place/t/694299/

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

MsKatt Angus is a beauty, aww so sweet :o)

Connie

Oh gads...did ya hear the weather report!! Heavy snow coming in on the weekend...10 inches here. Plus another storm for next weekend and I have a major gardening seminar to go to...I am SOOO sick of this nonsense. We better have an early spring and a hot summer for all this junk we've gone through this winter..

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey sarv, I didn't hear the news last night went to bed early...
Is all of Mi gonna get hit with it??? The last I had heard for here in my part of the glove, was rain rain and more rain for the week end...

Connie

pepsi - I think it is only the lower portion...you may be safe!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Sarv, I live in the lower part of Mi, toward the bottom of the thumb. :o)
So when you say lower portion, how low are you talking about lol

I still think you may be safe...but heck= what do I know!! (probably just as much as the weather forecasters tho!!) LOL Beautiful sunrise coming here!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

here too sarv

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Sunrise? What is this thing you speak of?? It's cold and windy this morning and I'm afraid to look at the weather forecast. My daughter has a fine arts competition Saturday and my son has a regional wrestling tournament on Sunday. In between that I work midnights and where I work, the weather REALLY effects us (not in a good way, either.) Wow, reading over that I really sound like a whiner...somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAmbulance.

Anyway, on a happier note....my Mom and I were out shopping for lamps yesterday. I spent all my cold hard cash on a new sectional and I budgeted enough for some new lamps. What did we find in our travels? A floor display, portable greenhouse at Menards for $155!!! That was normally $269. It's 8 x 8 x6 and not the Taj Mahal...but what a great beginner greenhouse! :) Now here was my dilemma. Uhmmmm...lamps....greenhouse....lamps....greenhouse...greenhouse....greenhouse....lamps. DANG IT! DH and I promised each other we wouldn't charge purchases (save our credit for traveling and emergencies). Well, thank God my Mom is my Mom ! She bought it (I can't tell my Dad under threat of bodily harm) and I just have to keep her supplied with plants for the rest of my natural life! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO what a deal.

Now I just have to find a good spot...

Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.