January's Daily Weather # III, It's different!!!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Well, it's still warm at 48* & it's 38* in Bluefield; still drizzling & Dyson Dark. The temps are suppose to fall into the 20*'s by this evening, so it will be cold when I get out of class at 7:50.
Sharon, I hope they will be OK. I did as Blooms suggested (thanx Blooms) & put some leaves on them. My worry is my Clematis. It has 2" sprouts. And that's a Beautiful Sunrise! :D WOW
I've been playin' with PSP...What do you all think?

Have a Great Day Everybody! & Stay Safe!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey - you should frame that one! It's gorgeous!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanx Sharon, It's been fun trying all the things that are available on the PSP. I don't have all the tricks that EB has, but I do what I can with what I have....like I said it's been fun, but the playin' is over....back to school!
Joey

Another.

Thumbnail by music2keep

Frame that one too! You should make a collage of the pictures you've done and hang them on the family room wall.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Rann, what an absolutely magical darling face Hildur Eva has. As usual the pictures are great.
I'm trying to find out how there is no record of my Daddy's Death in 82. I have no idea where to turn next.
I don't have a copy of his death certificate.
Well, it's beautiful outside
68.5 °F / 20 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8 km/h
Supposed to have a high tomorrow of 52???
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

0* - dark, snow stopped falling sometime during the night. 7:40am;
Rann - What a nice honor for Hildur Eva to grace the front of the calendar. Sounds as if the cousins are more excited than she is.
TamaraFaye - DH was in Dallas last week and flew back to Alaska on Friday, seems as if he was lucky in getting out on Friday-
MySharona-just love the early mornings there...as to gutter cleaning, we lucked out on that job, nothing around our yard that gets in them..sounds as if you do have that job.
Joey - that's just fantastic - what fun - a good way to take a break from the studying ahead.
Dyson - I had to read your post twice to be sure you did say it was "light" --- great.
Kelli - glad you could find the upside to the weather you've been having :)
DebinSC, very pretty, lacy branches against the sky - nice.
Sugarweed - 52 tomorrow seems as if it's going to be a "sweater day" with it being that cool. Wish I had a new idea of where to look for the certificate..is there a Federal data base? Good luck.
GS with Grayling- older brother of the 6year old GS/Grayling/photo/same summer day.
Kiska

This message was edited Jan 16, 2007 8:00 AM

Thumbnail by kiska
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Looks like winter temps are here... Chilly and dropping from 40º high to 23º tonight. Only 2-3 days forecast to get out of the 30's through the rest of January, and some won't even get to 30º.

(Zone 3b)

Darius - it certainly does look as if winter arrived -
Kiska

Sidney - check out this link for info on obtaining a copy of a death certificate or any other type of certificate

http://www.vitalrec.com/death.html

Bubba and Pepper - hope y'all are ok up there, stay warm and safe.
Darius - Brrr that's cold! You stay warm too. Looks like winter will be in all areas tomorrow.

High today was supposed to be 71 - it's 77
First Coast news is saying high tomorrow of 50

Thumbnail by MySharona
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Stay warm folks! I know I will.........spring has come back to my little corner of North America.

30 °F / -1 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 19 °F / -7 °C
Wind: 17 mph / 28 km/h / 7.7 m/s from the West
Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016 hPa
Windchill: 18 °F / -8 °C
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers

(Zone 3b)

and here, too, Lilypon; up to 6*F now that it's cloudy again...isn't spring great - - -
Sorry for those of you with the terrible weather all across the lower 48; be careful....
Kiska

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Wonderbar! Except it isn't spring.;) Rest of the month, except for a day or two, is supposed to be well above average.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.6° (F) shed, 47.3°(F) porch, one of the light bulbs in the shed burned out, may have something to do with the lower than normal temps. The light is fading fast & soon it will be DARK & time for bed.

(Zone 5a)

Good evening all!

Thanks for your kind comments - Hildur Eva certainly brightens our life :-) LOL - Sharon! The "celebrity" has forgotten all about! :-)

It's definately still winter here, it's 27°F now at 10:30 pm, pretty much the same temperature as today. A bit more windy today than the past days and mostly cloudy. It was really cold up north today - colder than Alaska! Got down to -15°F (-26°C) in one place.

Kiska and Lilypon - lol - I don't know if 6°F and 30°F would quite make it springtime in my books - but I guess it's a vast improvement from the horribly cold temps you've been having! Hope it'll last a bit :-)

Loved everybody's photos ..... I've been a bit preoccupied these past days so I'm always playing catch up. Don't have the time to comment on everyone's photos - but I loved them all! Debi, Sharon and you other Floridians - enjoy the warm temps ...... they're sounding very tempting at the moment! lol

DH mentioned tonight that it will be 10 years this spring since our last visit to Florida ...... it seems like about time to go back for a visit. Take the girls to Disney World and show them where mommy used to live :-). Don't think we'll go this year but hopefully sometime not too far away ......

A photo of the sun today around 3:30 ...... it's not that long ago that it was setting at that time - look how "high" it still was ("high" being relative of course! lol) Sunrise was at 10:53 and sunset at 4:22 ...... which is a gain of 5 minutes since yesterday :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

Rann - Wow - that's a gorgeous picture!
Well, the sun went down, the winds have picked up and the temps have started to drop!

LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM WEDNESDAY TO 3 AM EST THURSDAY ...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO 4 PM EST THURSDAY... (surf will be between 6'-12')
Includes the Counties: Nassau, Duval
Includes the cities: Fernandina Beach, Jacksonville

Tonight...Cloudy with a slight chance of showers through midnight...Then becoming brisk with a chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...Increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tonights low 49 - tomorrows high 51

Here come the clouds

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon :-)

I guess the warm temps are over for a bit then ....... oh well, hope it won't get too windy!

This message was edited Jan 16, 2007 11:36 PM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Got to 18* today and the dusting of snow melted thanks to the sun. Now its all ice. It will get down to 0* tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day for that. Then onto the 30s for a high.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hellu!! It's been snowing & sleeting on & off all day. The higher elevations have about an inch, but no more. My deck has a dusting. It's Dyson Dark & 32*. The roads will probably freeze tonight, so it will be "greasey" in the morning....Glad I dont' have to be at school 'til 1:00! :D
Great Shots Every body! Beautiful Skies! :D
Kiska, nice fish! :D But I do like the GS in the pic better! ;)
Sharon, I don't have a family room, just a really large living room. But I'm sure I could find a place! Thanx! :D
Sidney, the county in which your dad died should have the record. When a death cert. is issued the court house is the one that issues it. What they will have is the copy. Hope this helps.

Good Evening!
Joey
(sorry ... it's not very focussed)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

55 degrees on the porch this AM. Now it dropped to 26 degrees and windy. Snow-like clouds all day, but the lake effect stuff missed us.

Change of seasons here. Like to grocery shop on Wednesday - no crowds. Then will see what the rest of the week brings.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

5* right now. We were so lucky to miss most of the storm. We had a thin layer of sleet and got 1 1/2'' of snow. The sun came out this morn amd softened it all up.

I promise to catch up on reading everyone's storm stories tomorrow. I was thinking about everyone and hoping no one lost power. DH will be home shortly and then it's bedtime for me.

Edited to correct a sentence.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2007 10:44 PM

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Brrrrrrrr

Someone pay the heat bill, will ya?

mg

Thumbnail by mornin_gayle
(Zone 3b)

Winter arrived in Dubuque it looks like, mornin_gayle, keep the heat on for sure...do you plug in the car?
Sunset not current; but the same if there'd be sunshine today.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

26.1°(F) shed, 35.2°(F) porch - dark

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Kiska, what an awesome sunset! :-) Wow!

Looks like it's pretty cold for most of us - it certainly is here. 26°F at the moment and quite windy so it feels frigid!!! Still dark but I think it's partly cloudy. Sunrise will be at 10:51 and sunset at 4:25 - another 5 min. of daylight gained :-)

Stay warm and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rannveig

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good mornin! It's 28* & D.Dark.:D
Mornin_Gayle! My goodness! Please stay in & warm! Is that comin' this way? That's too cold to even Snow. I agree w/ Kiska...Winter has arrived! & here I was "warming up" to the idea that we had headed right into spring.
Pepper, I hope that everything will soo melt away today. Ice can really be treturous, but I know you dont need anyone telling you that!
Se_eds, glad that it missed ya. Altho snow is way better traction than ice. Happy shopping. :)
Have a good one...
Joey

(a baby Mullien(sp))

Thumbnail by music2keep

Good Morning! It’s a chilliiiieee 48 outside right now. Prissy needed to go “potty”, but she really didn’t want to go outside….too cold! LOL!!

Kiska – that’s a beautiful picture! Love the pinks!

Everybody stay warm!

LAKE WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EST THURSDAY ...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 PM EST THURSDAY...
Includes the Counties: Duval, Nassau

Today...Cloudy...Windy...Much cooler. Chance of showers until mid-afternoon...Then showers likely. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to **35 mph** possible. "Chance" of rain 60 percent. (that's a big chance!)

Taken yesterday - V marks the spot!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

WOULD WHOEVER LEFT WINTER IN TEXAS PLEASE COME BACK AND GET IT?? We're done!

(LOL)

School was canceled all over the city today because of the freezing rain. We have a flood warning and an ice storm warning right now. Yucky! If it's gonna get cold anyway, I wish it would snow! Ice is no fun at all. It is supposed to start warming up a little tomorrow and then it is going to just rain rain rain through next Tuesday. I think the "Unknown Precipitation" comment below is pretty funny!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 8:53am CST (22 min ago)
Temperature 32 °F 0 °C
Dew Point 28 °F -2 °C
Humidity 88%
Pressure 30.60 in 1036.1 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir N 350°
Ceiling 4900 ft 1494 m
Visibility 5 mi 8.0 km
Wind Chill 26 °F -3 °C
Current Conditions Unknown Precipitation, Mist
Remarks 0.10" of precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 30.9°F / -0.6°C
3 hour precipitation ending 8:53am CST : 0.13"

(Zone 3b)

8am: Dyson Dark, snowing, 15 degrees. Sunrise 9:53>4:19; gain of 4m33seconds.
MySharona - love the sky photo - seems as if it's awfully blustery there.
Music2Keep, if you're happy winter has arrived, I'm happy for you. Love the new growth.
There was a moose on the deck last night, beneath our BDRM window, so we had a great w/in 2 ft. view through the window, of him eating the lilac..he was chased off by another moose that came charging from the woods..
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Kiska, did the 2nd moose think he had dibs on the lilac?
It's not spring here yet.

Sunrise 7:34 - Sunset 5:23
[decided that was an interesting difference.]
They are predicting a 32* high. It's up to 15* in my yard so far.
One site says we went down to 10* and the other says 9* too cold to matter much.

I did go for a short drive up the Colorado river road yesterday and got some pics of the ice floating in the river. I've seen it iced solid clear across some years.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

"I did go for a short drive up the Colorado river road yesterday and got some pics of the ice floating in the river. "

I'll be drinking that in about a year. ;-) Actually, I'm not sure if the Colorado River Aqueduct water goes here or not.

The weather isn't particularly nice. This is the most not-nice CA winter I can remember. I guess I'm the only one on this forum having a colder than usual winter.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on January 17, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
48 °F / 9 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the North
Pressure: 30.07 in / 1018 hPa
Windchill: 44 °F / 6 °C

The clouds threaten, but I think they're just bluffing.

Thumbnail by Kelli

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

"... Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 4 PM PST
Friday...

The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 4 PM PST
Friday.

North to northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph
are expected to develop after midnight tonight and continue
through Friday afternoon. The winds are expected to decrease
somewhat Thursday afternoon and evening... but will increase again
Thursday night and Friday morning.

A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph or greater are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution."

Wind, you owe me a new flower pot.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Is this a sorry bunch or what? (I don't know yet what may have died and what is only damaged.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

Kelli - they do look rather sad - I sure hope they'll bounce back ;-) I don't blame you for being fed up with the wind ...... it's really the only thing that makes "bad weather". Rain isn't so bad if it's calm ...... Love your photo of the clouds :-)

Blooms, Kiska, Sharon and Joey - great photos all of them :-)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm on the wrong computer to be seeing the temp indicators - can't get the DW off ebay - but it is cold here and getting dark.

Dyson, it's always dark where you are. Are you sure you don't live on the dark side of the moon? ;-)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Here's something we don't see every day (or even every winter):

Freezing Rain Advisory in effect from 1 am to 10 am EST Thursday...
Cloudy this evening with rain developing around midnight. The rain will mix with or could change over to freezing rain late. Ice accumulationup to 1/10 inch. Lows 32 to 35. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Thursday
Rain and freezing rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Ice accumulation up to 1/10 inch. Total ice accumulation 2/10 inch. Highs only in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

And on Monday we broke a record high temperature at 79*. ??
Just got in and haven't caught up yet. Gonna do that now.
Sunset this evening. Guess those must be the "ice" clouds. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kelli: I hope the rain clouds keep their promise. Your poor plants! Must've been some wind to blow over that pot.

Marylyn: I'm with you. Better snow than ice. The forecast earlier today was "snow flurries" - which is perfect. You get the beauty of snow falling but it'd never stick. Unfotunately, they changed it to "ice" as in my earlier post, just a while ago. U can bet that even 2/10" of ice will shut down everything here. (Bright side, is I could use a lie-in! ;> )
Deb

This article kind of summarizes what I've been saying for the past two months. http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_5027907

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

DebinSC Hope you don't get the ice there at all. Many schools cancelled classes yesterday and today in Northwestern Missouri because of the cold temps and many slick side roads. If we can get some warmer temps this mess will be gone. Temps are slightly warmer today but the wind has come up and makes it feel colder. Love everyones pictures today. Stay safe and warm everyone.

Cuckoo

Marylyn – LOL – unknown precip! Like our “chance” of rain was 60% more like 100%! Is it cold enough yet? Any flurries or snow in your area? It’s been about 10-12 years since the last time (which is generally the rule for Houston).
Blooms – nice picture!
Kelli- Aww – your poor plants, I hate it when that happens and hope they’ll bounce back.
Dyson – Did Sue get anything good on e-bay? I am the e-bay Sniper Queen!
Deb- those are some scary looking clouds…

Everyone stay warm and safe. I don’t mind the cool/cold, but don’t really care for the rain that generally comes with it!

HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THURSDAY ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EST THURSDAY...
Includes the Counties: Nassau, Duval
Tonight...Mostly cloudy and brisk. Chance of rain in the evening...Then rain likely after midnight. Areas of fog. Lows in the upper 40s inland...Lower 50s coast. Northeast winds 25 to 30 mph along the coast with gusts to 35 to 40 mph this evening...North winds 15 to 20 mph inland. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Link to a video I took before work today, not really sure if it captures the wind very well.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3017374110098477435

this might

Thumbnail by MySharona

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.