This might brighten you up......(continued)

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Yeah , I have no idea what it is .
I like the Pic though .

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Just something bright to go with the sunshine we have here today.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

That is lovely. What is it?

To me it looks a bit like a Passionfruit ?
Nice colour .

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

yep, passion flower vine. busily covering the wall of the garage, the house, the overhang, the sidewalk

It's my DDs and these just love southern california.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

So I gather this one is in Southern California?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

oh, s'cuse, yes- Santa Ana, Ca

Will it bear fruit ?
Or is it for show only ?

Sandy, UT

Feelin cheery yet???

Thumbnail by QuillGordon

QuillGordon ,
That`s just a great Pic .
I`ll ask you here as well .
Could find the time to post a pic or two on the Guessing Thread ?
It`s here . http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/697361/

Sandy, UT

I would but I cant remember the name of the flower...

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

ginger749, Terrific pic of the plumaria. Makes me want to go visit or move back to Hawaii. They have such a terrific aroma. I recall making leis for my date(s) to the formal prom dances at college. I couldn't afford the leis at the flower shops so I picked the blossoms myself off more than a few trees and laced up matching leis for both myself and my date ...... on more than a few occasions. Hawaii was great fun .... provided the money was continually coming into my bank account. Folks there are paying $7.50 for a gallon of milk today. That close to 3 times the cost of eating here on the mainland. Hawaii has a steady stream of local kids leaving at age 18 simply because it is unaffordable.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

How sad! I have always had a fantasy of living in Hawaii. It is the ideal environment. But I guess turning all the farms into hotels for millionaires has raised the cost of food in Hawaii. Property was always sky high. Maybe some people would be willing to raise dairy cattle at $7.50 per gallon.

Photographer
I would one day like do a boat cruise to Hawaii.
I guess if you were on a boat cruise
You could eat and drink all the milk & food you wanted !
Have you thought of that ?

I guess not ?

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Ginger, I am on this site seldom lately. Pardon my pause in responding. I too have dreamed of taking a boat trip to Hawaii .......... but in my own 75-100 footer. With any good amount of luck ....... I'll have one in a year or so. I was actually thinking of going to Hawaii, French Polynesia, New Zealand and Australia and then up to Japan to visit the in-laws and then home to Vancouver, BC.

That sounds like a great plan.
The 100 ftr . Wind/sail or Motor boat ?
Don`t forget Gold Coast .
You have Friends here . Kell

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

ginger, as to your passion flower question... I never saw any fruit on it. Saw lots of butterflys but not any cat damage. But it was a determined grower and tried to eat the garage. And was starting on the house. A fellow DGer came and dug it up and took it away.

BloomsWithaView , Good to have friends .
The big Purple Passion Fruit cost $1 each in our Supermarkets .
We enjoy them with Yoghurt .

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Ginger, Motorboat ........ probably 4 diesels. I have an acquaintance / business friend with a 64 ftr. He lives on his boat south of Houston near South Padre Island and is continually reminding me of having absolutely nothing to do now that he's retired and living on his boat. I suppose we could do the same. With any good luck ...... I'll be able to rub his nose in it once I have a 75 ftr or better. I just need 6 more months and continued steady business revenue. If we do 75% of what we did last year ...... I'll get my necessary work accomplished. I have an enormous project we're in the midst of but at least we're making serious headway. To simplify it ...... I need to get 12 mil images down onto DVD from film. My scaner converts 100 to 150 images / minute. We can convert close to 100k images a day ..... 2mil / month and should be finished with it all in 6 months. At that point my net worth triples. Sounds awesome to a guy approaching retirement age ....... it is precisely that to me ....... the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If you really do want ...... we can come visit the Gold Coast. Does that mean you're near to Adelaide or Brisbane? Friday my technician shipped "5 belts" to a repair shop in Noumea, Nouvelle Caledonie. I had the toughest time reading the buggers emails. Convinced him we'd ship parts to him only on condition of receipt of funds from a wire transfer into our bank account ....... no credit to someone on the other side of the planet. He was a French speaker and I parlay in English only.....none of the pidgin for me. Every day is something different.

Sounds all really great .
Yes , Gold Coast is right next to Brisbane ( Brisvegas )
South East Queensland .
And to think it takes me 5 Mins to upload 1 Pic to this site .
100k images a day is Cool .

Photographer
These images you convert , Are they Arial Pics of M. earth ?

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Ginger, Historical documents. I bought a 15k roll collection of genealogical interest from our National Archives. The census of the USA from 1790 through1930. It has 12mil images total and 600mil lines off information. I'm going to begin loading it it up to the www this summer. Should be done by X-Mas or sooner. It'll be a lower cost option to what is offered currently at $150/client subscription. Within a few years it'll be fully indexed and honestly a better product all around than what is currently available. We're scanning at 50% higher resolution and to be accurate our images come directly form the Feds. Our competitor scanned a used collection that was 3rd generation.

Sounds Great .
We have archives of past events .
They are not cheap to get at .
Being able to access yours on the net
Would make life so easy for many folk trying to create a family tree .

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

Ginger, This stuff I completing isn't going to make researching genealogy any easier than it is already. However, it will make it 3 times more affordable.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

sun was in & out today, but more importantly - it did not rain!
I have an offering for "cheering up" - A Camellia that is a stellar performer.
the Wood bees were out & about being very territorial about anything in bloom.
I had to remind them about who planted what and why. The worms ought to set them straight...

Thumbnail by Katye

Great Pic. Katye ,
You are lucky to have worms .
I thought they die in winter ?
It won`t be long now by the sound of things .
The entire site will be swamped by Beautiful Pictures .

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Beautiful flower, love the rain drops! Wysteria is blooming, and everything is right behind it. The one viburnum that is healthy enough to bloom is just a couple of days away- big billow of white. The other one was so sickly looking, that I chopped it back to abt a foot last spring, and it is about 2 feet high now, so will see if it does anything. Daffs, aliums and everything coming soon. YEAH! I got a disposable camera to take pics to maybe post later. Kell, worms just burrow down below the frost line in winter. Was rearranging the sprinkler system this past weekend, and had worms galore(collected some and put in compost piles). Now, I will have less grass and more garden, but don't know if the water bill will decline much.

Thanks for that info Paul.
I didn`t know worms could do that .
I should have guessed there was a way,
How else could they come back the following spring .
Glad to hear spring has sprung for most of you .
This pic was taken 3 days ago , Of the flowering Cannas .
I know Paul has seen it before .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Ginger - are those papayas above the Canna?
I lived in Hawaii in the early 80's, and had fresh papaya daily. So sad that they won't grow here for me - I'd need a very tall greenhouse...
Thanks for that cheery shot - I love the backlit Canna foliage.
We'll have to wait several months for our summer heat - try August, or July, if we're lucky...
The rain has returned - apparently for the next 2 weeks straight. No water shortage here.
I was glad for a dry partly sunny Sunday - Here is one of my Pieris: fragrant, bright & well-guarded by the Bees!

Thumbnail by Katye

yes Katye , They sure are .
One tree will usually supply our needs for a few years .
As you can see the tree is loaded .
And there are at least 5 new plants around the base .

If I were a Bee , I would guard it also . Nice Pic.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Ginger you will appreciate these shots while I was up in Anchorage. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/703525/ Probably reminds you of Northern Queensland. :)

Thumbnail by Soferdig

We are upside down here in Aus.
So the farther North we go the Hotter it gets .
So north QLD is hot , We in SE. QLD are just hot .
South of us is VIC. It snows down there .
Thanks for sharing your fantabulous Pics . Kell

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I knew that and I was making a joke. You have no snow in Aus do you? But thankyou for the imput. I have read many a story of queensland and I think that is where I would go after Sidney. So many sailing stories about the passage to your north. I forgot what it is called but It is a frightening place in a sailboat. But after that is the sail to the Coscos Islands in the Indian ocean. (I'm bad at names)

Yes we do .
We have many Ski fields .
But they are all below Canberra .
Mt Kosciusko is the biggest Ski Fields .
Mainly Threadbo.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Where are they? tasmania?

Mt. Kosciusko is West of Shiteney .
And it is about 500 miles below The Gold Coast .
I`m not sure if Taswegia is part of Australia ?
We call NSW = Mexico
Because they are South of our border .
no offence fourx . lol

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

That is cute but never being to 'Shitney' I will hold off. Pretty much I have to fly in there to see the rest of your neck of the woods. My old boss is from east of sidney.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Sofer, Haven't you ever seen "The Man from Snowy River"? LOL Sorry, love that movie, if for nothing else, the scenery.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Snowy river is in the beautiful Lowland hills northwest of Sidney. I didn't know snow fell there. I thought it was a title to a book. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.