January's Daily Weather, Glešilegt nżtt įr! Happy New Year!

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Here in the heartland it feels more like spring than winter. Today was beautiful for a northern Missouri winter day. High in the 50's,sunny, and no wind. No frozen ponds, frozen ground, snow, or anything that hints of winter here except frost in the mornings. What odd winter weather for many this season. Heard that Colo. had an avalanche across a section of hwy 40 causing problems there. They have too much snow and winter.

Cuckoo

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

It was a gorgeous day today. It was perfect for a ride - amazingly no humidity to make mention of!

Running dog cloud!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Southside of Jacksonville.
Quite a few of the pics didn't turn out...can't imagine why - being on a motorcycle!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Windshield shots don't always come out... especially without the windshield. Looks like a fun ride to me.

(Zone 3b)

Sharon - blue sky, blue water, and beautiful hiway - looks like a great day to ride in Florida...nice to see clouds, too.
Rann - the girls are just precious. Now, with Chistmas behind, what is your next holiday? Valentines' Day will be the next one here. The remodeling looks good..how is your project, ric?
Dyson - bet you're looking forward to the visit and smoked salmon...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Picture from a motorcycle, LOL! (But be careful.)

Joey, the bryophyllum is from the crassula family.

The wind had picked up somewhat but at least it isn't chilly.

This is Aloe gareipensis.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Wow, that's a nice pair of mule deer!

Another unseasonably warm rainy overcast day here.

Here's another one of those wrapping paper photographs. I added stars to this one. I call these my "Hubble" photographs.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Jan 6, 2007 10:40 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Kiska - nice picture of the moose.
Kelli - I've never seen an aloe like that, very interesting.
E-B - you've outdone yourself with the 3D effects!

We have a Kawasaki Voyager, it's a big bike. This is also on the Southside. The Bridge in the background is the Dames Point suspension bridge. It's huge.

Thumbnail by MySharona
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Rann, the children are darling!

I read my camera book and found out it has a fireworks setting on it. Amazing what features they pack into these little cameras these days!

It has been unseasonable warm here. Our weather patterns seem so unpredictable these days. January is historically our coldest month ~ subzero temps and we just aren't having them ~ YET

ps don't forget GroundHog's Day . . . Feb 2

TLC - LOL!! (Feb2) Are you really a chef?
Not a great pic, but here we are going up the bridge

This message was edited Jan 7, 2007 7:55 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

I had a cooking school for 6 years here on the lake and did some teaching in upscale cooking stores. Never worked the line in a restaurant . . . too grueling physically. My meat and potatoes was Chiropractic but my passion has always been food. Many chefs have degrees in other areas before they give in to their passion for food. I will be 60 next month, Feb 2nd so now I am retired from Chiropractic and just help DH run a mfg plant 20 miles from here. I don't have to go to the plant; all my work is done here at home with a beautiful lake to look out on.

Thumbnail by TwinLakesChef

When the pelicans come through in the Spring migrating back up North there are so many at times the lake is solid white.

Thumbnail by TwinLakesChef

TLC - I love to cook and have thought about taking some culinary classes. There really isn't any place here to take classes though, oh well, it's a passion. My DB lives in Hopkins.

here is a little more info on the bridge:

http://www.mikestrong.com/dames/

Almost forgot - here is the forecast today:
Today...Widespread dense fog in the morning with visibility one quarter mile or less. Mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the morning...Then partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Cloud makers at Blount Island :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Twin Lakes Chef your pelicans make a great picture. I like seeing them take from the water and landing on the water. We get a midwest migration in the spring and fall here and love to see them circle overhead then eventually land on the water. A lot of waterfowl and birds are just hanging around because nothing has froze up yet.
Today looks like another mild day with no really cold weather on the way. Good for some and bad for others I guess. Have a great day everyone.

Cuckoo

We have some ducks here that hang out for the winter. The lake is not completely frozen so they are out there every day chattering. LOL

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sharon, I cross the Dames Point Bridge when I go to visit my brother in Atlantic Beach. Such a neat looking bridge!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey Gang!
We've be cutting and pasting the last few days.
We're doing a Road Trip up today so I'd better slide...

39° (Wind Chill 34°) Dewpoint: 36° Wind: NE 6 MPH
Humidity: 89% Pressure: 30.15 in Hg
Average: High 38° Low 21°
Today's Sunrise: 7:58AM Today's Sunset: 5:32PM
(09:34 hours of sunlight)

Looks like a few days of 'Normal' Temps here and a bit of Rain/Snow.... then back into the 50's...

Ric

(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon all!

I've been busy sowing so I'm a bit late to the computer today. It's another nice day here, 28°F, calm and cloudy. We're on a cooling trend now - supposed to get really cold on Tues - it's a good thing we got some snow first :-)

Thanks all for you kind words - the girls had a blast! Selma Rśn was actually able to enjoy herself thanks to the "ear-muff thing" on her head - we're looking forward to maybe getting out of the house next New Years Eve :-)

Kiska - next holiday here will be in the week before easter. But the next "calendar day" here will be "Bóndadagur" - which is a day for women to be nice to their significant other ;-) We don't really do Valentines day (although florist have been trying to for a few years....) - we split it up in february it's the women's turn to be pampered on "Konudagur" (womensday). Bóndadagur is on a Friday (Jan 19th) - it's the first day of the old norse month Žorri (Thorri) which is the beginning of "Žorrablót" season here. More on that later ;-)

Sharon - looks like you had a fun ride yesterday :-) That bridge is very impressive!

TLC - You sure have a lovely view of the lake - and that photo of the pelicans is very good :-) Didn't know they were found that far north ....

I took this photo yesterday when it was snowing - the sun was trying to break through the clouds .... something you don't see everyday ....

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Howdy! Very overcast this morning! And still Warm! @ 53*.
Neat lookin' Bridge, Sharon! And a neat looking day for a ride.
TLC, those Pelicans are beautiful! I love the white. In the 1st pic they almost look like Swans. Neat! :D
Darius? have you had your surgery, yet? And if so, how are you fairing?
E_B, I DO like your "Hubble" shots, quite unique!
Thanx Kelli, That Aloe must be Huge! That is a bloom on it, right? My, but you have cacti & succulents Everywhere! :D
Kiska, I Really think you need to give them names! They like You!
Sidney~aren't we getting a little "long-in-the-tooth"?
Rann, What a Great Shot! :D Sun & Snow! :D

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

This message was edited Jan 7, 2007 10:53 AM

Thumbnail by music2keep
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Joey, surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow, thanks for asking. :-)

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

TLC.......I had no idea that Iowa was home to so many pelicans!

rannveig.......Beautiful photograph! I love the golden light and falling snow.

MySharona........Not many motorcycles here at this time of year. I have seen a couple of brave and chilly souls out and about though. The temps hit the 40's and they can't resist the urge to ride :)

Nothing special here. Just a Pennsylvania woods on a mild January day. I was scouting the stream this morning for steelhead trout traveling upstream to spawn.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

TLC - that's an amazing view of the lake and I love the white pelicans. I'm sure it's a pretty sight when they all show up.
Rann - that's a great picture of the snow! You should use it for Christmas cards this year.
Joey - what is coming up in that picture?
E-B - Tthat's a peaceful scene - is it cloe to your home?
Darius - The bridge is my favorite reason to go to Jax. I love being able to see everything from it!
There are a bunch of people out on their motorcycles again today. Almost like summer, but no humidity.

I really like this picture, cloud makers up close!

Thumbnail by MySharona

cargo ship at Blount Island.
I like this picture becasue you can see the marsh

Thumbnail by MySharona

Local shrimp trawler

Thumbnail by MySharona
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all
Well we have been rather "windy" here in this thread, so
Here's a new thread. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682727/
Come on over!
Sidney

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

E_B, did you see any?
Sharon that is Goodyera (Rattle Snake Plantain). It's an evergreen & blooms in the fall. It pots up well, But will definitely make you itch if you don't have gloves on! I learned that the hard way. :)

The wind is Blowing! :-o
Joey

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Okie Dokie, Here's a brand new thread http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682727/
;)

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Joey......They saw me before I saw them and startled me as they went splashing away! I'm going to have to get my 07 fishing license and try to land a few.

Sharona......Yeah, It's a few miles from my house but I've never really explored there much. There is a 3,000 acre gameland there known as Jumbo Woods. It's a great place to get lost! I'm going to concentrate on photographing the area in the coming year.

A frosty and sunny morning has turned into an overcast afternoon. It's 41ŗ now and there is a chance of snow midweek. Then the temps are supposed to rebound back up into the 40's.

early_bloomer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.