Perennials in the garden setting...show us your pics #4

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's the link to the old thread

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/653480/

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

not much going on, but good old Stella d'Oro is still putting out a few blooms

Thumbnail by grampapa
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I have really been enjoying everyone's gardens.
Patti, I especially like your landscaping along your path. Beautiful!
Dave

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

thx, gram. My stellas are still going strong, too. those little guys just keep on coming. :)

(Zone 5a)

My Geum 'Mrs. Bradshaw' just opened it's first bloom two days ago. Last night there was a slight frost so it won't be in bloom very long. It's unusually late - it's usually flowered in August.

Thumbnail by rannveig
Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Still have sunset?rise?dawn? blooming bit.

Thumbnail by pegdog
(Zone 5a)

pretty color peg!

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, rann. I like this new "series"of echinacea that has come out. Good variety. Kim's mophead and Prarie Sun are next on my echinacea list.

Here's some dahlias that came up this week.

Thumbnail by pegdog
Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

And my pineapple sage is taking off all of a sudden, too.

Thumbnail by pegdog
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Peg, is pineapple sage perennial in our zone? I like your echinacea, too. I just got a couple of them in that Big Sky series, but I don't think that one.

gram

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

A few more mums have started blooming this week. This purple and white one with the yellow center is one of my favorites.

This message was edited Oct 8, 2006 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This rust one will be in full bloom by next week. It is my lastest one to bloom.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gold mum with a self sown marigold.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Susan, do you get your mums to winter over? they're beautiful. that marigold is almost a perfect match for the mum.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This one is a deeper wine color than it looks here with a shorter gold in front of it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

All these are ones that have made it through at least 2 winters, but we have had rather mild winters the last few years. I do not mulch them at all, just let the few leaves that fall on them remain until spring.

susan

Mid-Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5b)

lincolnitess, I love that color combination.

(Zone 5a)

Pretty mums Susan! Can't grow them here - but I sure enjoy seeing your photos! Love the colors!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Susan, you've given me a whole new appreciation of mums! That copper one with the blue salvia is a stunning combination!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

White CA poppies.

Thumbnail by boojum
(Zone 5a)

those are a beautiful cream shade boojum! How pretty!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

booj, I've never seen Calif. poppies that color and had no idea they would bloom this late either....so pretty.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, love the Ca poppies, I flunked at the poppies I tried to start from seed last spring. I went out and took some last minute pics of the garden before I leave on vacation. One of the late summer coop DL is now blooming, Monana Twirler from Maryott's. The narrow leaf sun flower was Id for me by several DG members as Helianthus salicifolus. It is very stiff, but a great punch of color now. The other of a toad lily,Taipei silk with Picotee morning glory that I did manage to start from seed as well a nice patch of nasturtium, also from seed, with Gaillardia Arizona sun. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

gram - my pineapple sage is protected by a large lilac and the house foundation. Otherwise, I don't think it would have made it. The potted one died. This one came back. The plant files also say it gets to 48" ... mine is about 5' tall!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

The CA poppy seeds took me a while to locate. ( I actually found them on a visit to CA!!) I've had them before in both colors. One of the reasons I had trouble finding them was I was looking for yellow and they are considered white (but not by me). I just throw the seeds down on the ground in spring and let them go to seed and reseed. They love to be near stones sidewalks masonry.

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey all. Just got caught on to this forum and put it on my favorite list. Here's a few of the most recent pics that I've take in the yard.

Blue Ginger

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Antique roses

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

White Orchid

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Pandora Vine

Thumbnail by FLStu
somewhere, PA

Ooooo ahhhhh... glad you found us FLStu!

And Boojum - those are gorgeous Ca. poppies!

Here's a collection of plants in the boggy area by our pond. The calla lily and
elephant ears overwintered (probably the spring kept them from freezing!?)

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Unknown named Gaillardia

Thumbnail by FLStu
somewhere, PA

And these asters planted themselves along this old stone wall.

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And here's a relatively new garden - cleared out of a very rocky hillside.
I just cleaned out the vines & weed trees along the old stone wall behind.
Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Variegated Kumquat

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Newly planted daylily bed with Dwarf Hollys.....will be edged soon.

Thumbnail by FLStu

Very nice blooms FLStu. :0)

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Some Dianthus that I like.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Last one........nest in a Magnolia planted this spring.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 9:02 PM

Thumbnail by FLStu
Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

oops...sorry, that was the back end. Here's the front.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 9:03 PM

Sorry again, picture in next post.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 9:04 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Stu. Welcome. Nice to see a Floridian, especially this time of year. up north we'll be running out of things to show and depending on the warm-weather folks for our daily 'beautiful bloom booster'. looks like you've got lots of beauties. love the color on that dianthus. and the gaillardia is really unusual. kumquat is neat...never seen one growing. stick around :0)

Tam, that hill is looking better all the time...(how do you do a 'thumbs up' on a computer keyboard?)

gram ~a girl~

this is Hopley's Purple oregano, bought it and couldn't decide what to do with it, so it's in a pot and just started to bloom

Thumbnail by grampapa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.