Gladiolus

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I am trying to get the 2006 catalogue...................... if my friend has it!!!

Yes anyone can order from them i think....................... i got some added to an order my friend in the trade was getting!!
They have some really amazing plants...................... most of which i have never heard of!!!

Hope my book arrives next week......................LOL

Mark

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Eh I ramble on a bit???!!!

If i could be bothered i'd add up the above replies and check that that statment for legal purposes! Lol

Over 200 replies about weeds and old ladies plants heheheh

wow.................. are we up to 200 already??
Shall we go for the world record????????????????

Well that depends on you and the lady oz. Lol You two could talk all day about your daffodil collections Hehehe

Ok so there posh dafs! Lol

Lady Oz...................... ooooooooooooooooooooo dear!!!

Baa........................... can i ask you................... are you male or female???????????????

Mark

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

He means the Wizard!

He means you are a kangaroo i think.................LOL

Horsens, Denmark

Oh gosh and I thought I was up late LOL
Need some translation with the oz thing LOL don`t know if it is because I am sleepy to death (it is 01.00 am here).

Hi Monica
Yesssssssssssssssss we all up late tonite...............LOL
I am off to my bed now.............!!

I will leave Janet to explain the Oz thing.................LOL

Take care
Mark

Oz = Australian! Wallaby also Australian.

You must be 1 hour ahead of us zest!

Horsens, Denmark

Ohhh yes of course LOL, got it ;o)))
Yeps we are a hooooole hour older here LOL.

Yessssssssssssssssss one hour in front, as is the rest of europe.......................... LOL

Hows things with you Monica......................???

Horsens, Denmark

Fine fine :o))

When do you start getting snow there?????????????????

Horsens, Denmark

Hmm… that is a tricky question. Actually we can go a hole winter with out snow.
There is a lot of terrible winds and frost though, probably worse for the plants, as snow gives a bit of protection (so I am told anyway).
You never now when it will snow; some were between early november to april ;o))
And if it does it often melts very quickly.

Oh really.................... I always thouight Denmark was a snow covered country!!!!!
Yes, the wind and frosts are bad for the plants............. much better to have lots of snow and that will give some protection to plants!!!

Sounds a lot like our weather........................

Horsens, Denmark

I think it is Mark, lots of rain, wind and hard frost.
Nice..... LOL

Brrrrrrr and it will soon be here........................... can't wait until spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love spring more than any other season!!!

(Zone 5a)

I just got back from a trip to one of the (2) garden centers (the one that actually still sells a few plants and not just giftware and stuff like that) - bought "a few" bulbs and came across Gladiolus byzantinus corms. Ofcourse I HAD to buy them and give them a try - have any of you grown these? Is it safe for me to plant them outside? I looked them up in the plantfiles and it says hardy to z5 ...... are they really? Gladiolus seems so tender to me :-) Thinking about planting them up against my south wall to keep them dry and cozy over winter - shouldn't they be safe there?

Good for you rannveig! If they are selling them I would think they should have a reasonable chance of surviving!

I have G communis ssp byzantinus, or it is suppsed to be that! I have it next to my south facing wall, they die off in the summer and are kept quite dry, except for a little water I give to the hardy fuchsias I have there. They takeover after the glads have died back, and will help to keep the bulbs dry by taking up water.

I have pics in PF, my main lot I lifted when revamping the bed and didn't get htem replanted but they set seed and Ihave them all over!

(Zone 5a)

Thanks wallaby - I'll try planting them against my soutfacing wall and see how it goes! When does yours flower?

Hmm now don't tell me you took offence at the lady Oz thing that is completely not what was meant. Notice by the Lady part and Oz yes simply i'm assuming Australian.
You could be right about the world record thing though that was half a dozen replies discussing my Lady oz comment. Lol

Earlier on we where talking Hosta seed. Has anyone taken seed of there hostas? Mine have seed pods for the first time ever. Is it worth the bother?

They started late May to early June, I have a pic with one well budded on 13th May and this one was on 26th May

Thumbnail by wallaby1
(Zone 5a)

That is a beauty! Since they flower that early they should stand a chance of flowering here before the end of summer :-)

Zest - I looked at that link you sent of the Hostas - never knew there were so many! Really enjoyed it - bookmarket it so I can go back and visit again!

Mike - my Hostas hardly ever flower and never set seed so I can't be of any help reg. your question - sorry :-)

Well if we find out its worth it i'll send you some if you'd like. there seems to be lots.
Mike

(Zone 5a)

thanks Mike!

ooooooooooooooooooooo thats pretty Janet........................ I am getting into these now!!!!!!

Baa........................... can i ask you................... are you male or female???????????????

You can ask, you proved you could ;)

If I had a quid for every time someone asked me that question I'd have about £716.50, the 50ps are from those who have admitted to me that they chickened out asking the question *G*. I've even been into unisex hairdressers and they've been confused over which section to send me.

Baa the Androgenous

I like that answer Baa! The answer is, a human being! The very reason I title myself 'Ms' instead of 'Mrs'! It really should be none of those either, a 'Mr' doesn't have a married alternative!

Mark, well you tried! Curiosity got a clever reply!

BTW Mark, has your book arrived yet? AND do you have your Nat. Coll. status? Pleeeease may the gods grant you this! Have you looked at the larger pics of the page of species pics I Iinked to above? It is Sooo easy to get into Glad species when you see those!

Its your fault Janet.................. you told me to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss the book has arrived................ this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent you a pic of the front cover to make you jealous!!!!!

National Collection status................... I wont know until the NCCPG panel have their meeting on 8th November....... they will then discuss my collection and everything about it................. THEN they will decide YES or NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have verything crossed......................... hopeing that they say yes................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No, i havent looked at the larger pics of Glad species yet................... Havent had much time today!!!!! BUT I WILL LOOK LATER!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Thumbnail by Mr_Crocosmia

Cheeky young man! I had to go and check on that! Thanks for the giggle!

Anyone wanting to know what the book looks like, well, unless you're prepared to fork out the money I wouldn't go there!

WORTH EVERY PENNY OF THE £33

Well, get prepared to fork out the money folks!

I am not showing anyone anything but the cover........................ my my there are some beautiful plates to look at!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha you checked at what did you find????????????????????? LOL

Gladiolus Leptosiphon......................... is gorgeous Janet!!!!!
Have you got one of those??????? hehehehehe

Err, just checked the list, no!

I can see we will be collecting these together, and there will be two Nat. Collections then!

Wanna see a pic of that one Janet????????????????? hehehehe

Yes i can see we will be collecting together..................... but i will let you claim the nat collection staus......!!!

Don't tease, yes pleeease!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.