Wandering Jew Plants

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm...so it sounds as if allowing the CF to bloom sends it into a state of decline. In my experience, this has happened with Dieffenbachia.

The cinnamon remedy came from someone on Gardenweb. I'm sure there's some folks on DG who have used it as well. Being that the search function is temporarily disable, you can't do a search for it.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Good morning GH ~ Odd, I didn't think I used the search function that much but I have missed it. Will check cinnamon out when it is up and running...
I hadn't thought about the bloom leading to the death of Callisia. That could well be the case, but let it bloom anyway. There is no shortage of plants. I even had a couple root in a flower bed. I am leaving them there to see how they survive the winter... Have a good day and Happy Halloween. pod

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice Trads. I have never seen the var callisia before. Have a great day.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! What gorgeous plants y'all!! Blooms on a Moses, who knew? I was just so happy mine was growing, the poor thing. I'm also jealous y'all can grow these outdoors and they come back for you, I'd love to be able to do that...I wouldn't have any grass then. I'd sell my lawn mower!

About the cinnamon...I've used it before, but not on leaves. I've used it on soil to prevent damp off. Cinnamon is a natural anti-fungal. I believe it also deters fungus gnats. It reallys works to prevent damping off when starting seeds. I would assume that if the leaves had some type of fungus the cinnamon would fight it. Chammomile tea is also an anti-fungal and can be used in a weak solution to water plants. This info, as applied to damping-off, can be found on the Tom Clothier site here http://tomclothier.hort.net/page13.html under prevention. Hope that helps!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the cinnamon info. The blooms are not
phenomenal but I always wondered where a plant that looked like that got a name like that. Now I know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.