Wandering Jew Plants

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Lets see pics of your wandering jew plants? How many types do you have.

I have Purple/Green; Bridal Veil; Baby Jew (Callisia); Basket Plant; Green/White Jew; Solid Green Jew; Moses in Cradle;

I will try to borrow work camera to post photos tonight.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Here are the pics of my wondering jews :o)

The 1st one is

purple an green

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is my Baby Jew

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is my green and white one

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

here is my moses in cradle/basket

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

here is here one i just dont remember the name of..it sorta looks like a moses in cradle gone wild...lol

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

char very nice! the purple and green and green and white you sent me are doing great! i am looking for the fuzzy wandering jew. here is pict. of the cuttings you sent me back in spring just look at it now!!! i planted them all together : ) i have rooted another pot now.

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I like the multi pot like that lovesdaylillies.

I have been looking for the fuzzy jew as well. haven't been able to put my hands on it either.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i am enjoying your pictures char! can't wait to see more. here is another color moses in cradle. char if you don't have this one i can root one for you!

kelly

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

red, I love the green/white one and the last one you posted. Never seen it before.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

My moses look like yours lovesdaylillies. I didn't realize the pic read posted was different until you posted. Gonna have to start a new want list.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

snboyken,

I will take some snips from them both for you and we can just do alittle wondering jew/spider plant trade :o)

Char

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds good Red, I will get you a pkg ready. Dmail me privately your mailing info. Just to make sure it hasn't changed.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello,

My info is still the same...

Char Lambert
419 Ingram Mtn. Road
Lilesville, NC 28091

thanks so much,

Char

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I know there has to be some more jews out there.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

anyone have the fuzzy wandering jew? not sure of the name.

kelly

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Is this the fuzzy jew?

Thumbnail by podster

When I got this one it was called baby jew. I am not sure if this is baby tears?

Thumbnail by podster
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I love the white and green one. I have the red and silvery green one.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes thats the fuzzy jew that has eluded several of us. I love that one, I think it is also called White Velvet. Nice one, If any cuttings fall off can you send some to those of us who can't find it.

Nice Baby Jew as well. I have heard it call both, I was told it is actually callisia.

So far we have
Purple/Green; Baby Jew; Green/White; Moses in Cradle (two corlorations); Unknown - Similiar to Moses in Cradle ; and the infamous Fuzzy Jew.

I have solid green; small amount of bridal veil and one that I have seen called Basket Plant. Will try to borrow work camera to get a pic of them tonight. I also have a different green/white one. Have seen pics of the var baby jew, however not find on of those either.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

podster i love your fuzzy jew! how pretty.

kelly

The fuzzy jew does break and roots fairly easily. I don't have a large amount so it would be small samples but will gladly share. The picture I posted was taken in Dec. It is slow growing in our summer heat.
I also had the Tahitian bridal veil, that one took off too well. I have volunteers growing around the back yard.
LDL I am jealous of your Moses, I picked up a small start at a garage sale in June. It is a fast grower.
Until Snboyken mentioned the basket plant, I almost forgot it. I think the Callisia fragrans is the basket plant? I also have some of that which I would share. I am not sure this is the one you are thinking of. I don't think of it as a jew. A photo is posted...

Thumbnail by podster
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

yes podster that is the same thing I have, I bought mine at a yard sale last year and the man told me it was similair to a wandering jew, I guess kinda like the moses in cradle. It was in small pot and was more rounded when I bought it and the start was more round, however now it looks just like yours. I would love a small start of your fuzzy jew, do you have a pic of the bridal veil? I have a ver small start of what I call bridal veil, was wondering if its the same.

Morning snboyken, I don't have a picture of Bridal Veil but will try to get one in daylight and post tonight. I let my pot of it fall by the wayside and boy did it ever! Volunteers all over, it roots too easily.
I got my Callisia fragrans from ebay. Mine bloomed, not spectacular, not even the odor and the old plant looked so terrible. I had so many babies on it that I cut them off and threw the old one in the compost. It kept growing. I have one in a pot and threw the babies in a large container that had some old potting soil in it. I'm fixin' to put it in a flower bed next. I'm thinking this is one I can't kill!This is the tub full...

Thumbnail by podster
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love to have some of your bridal veil as well to make my pot fuller.

Mine has been producing babies galore. I didn't realize it was fragnant and mine hasn't bloomed. I have it missed in pot with other jew as I thougth it was from that family.

I know someone has to have some other jews.

Snboyken ~ Apologies, after receiving rain, our humidity is so high you can't cut it with a chainsaw! I can take pictures, the lens fogs immediately. I even tried leaving the camera outside to aclimate. No luck. I haven't forgotten you and will post pics when able...

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

how about purple heart?

Thumbnail by cjolene
Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

and here's your tahitian bridal veil

Thumbnail by cjolene
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

how could I have forgotten purple heart. I have have it growing in my flower bed, I love your bridal veil, nice looking.

When you can get a pic is fine Pod. Thanks.

Any more out there?

OK picture worked, this is Tahitian bridal veil. SNB when I send you some, please don't hate me.

Thumbnail by podster

This is the underside of Tahitian Bridal Veil and this is what snagged me on it to begin with...

Thumbnail by podster

This is a jew (I think). The start came from one of my two favorite (and only) stepdaughters. It is unusual, compacted and makes a tight plant. It is easy to root and is in many pots around here. This, I also will gladly share and would love an ID...

Thumbnail by podster
Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Here, Sharon...there's a pixie and a red here and maybe something I missed...drool away. ; )

http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/index.php?cPath=65_148

Any of you who would like starts of these plants, please dmail me. I have extra of Callisia fragrans, baby jew, purple heart, the compact jew, Tahitian bridal veil and small starts of varigated purple jew (in the blue bidet) and a little of the white velvet jew.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Podster - I wont hate you I promise and yes I would like some of the second one as well. I would also like some of the white velvet jew if you have any left. I could never hate a plant lover.

Cjolene - You made me drool. Love the rainbow and tri color one. We will have to do a coop with them next spring, Do you think it would go over.

SNB dmail me with a list of your wishes please. Showing my ignorance, what is a coop. I know chicken coops, farmers have a co-op but a jew coop? ; ))

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

In the Co Op forum individuals work out a sale with companies and then mails to individuals who purchase them. You buy flats or bulbs of items at large quanities.

How do we know if you guys are trying to do a coop? May want to join in?

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I haven't done any coop hosting just yet. Cheryl did a fall bulb coop that I ordered from. Due to its almost August it would probaly be hard to get one going for the jews. When people are working on hanging baskets next spring would be the time.

If someone does I am sure they will post to the houseplant forum as well. Check out the coop forum.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I know- I've been drooling over their begonias and fuschias all summer. But they sell fast. Here's their availability list- if you were to get rainbow jews, you'd have to get unrooted cuttings...all sold out of rooted ones. I don't think you'd want to do that for a coop.

http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/availability.php

I figured bulbs would be easy since I wouldn't to individually wrap each plant. lol Did you see I *accidentally* added to my Spring co-op?

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/630175/

lol I realize the Houseplants forum probably isn't my best place to get recruits, but you guys are welcome anyways. ; )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.