What kind of flower are you ?

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm a canna which is great because hummers will be my best friends. LOL

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Funny, Ivy!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I'm a canna as well! Maybe I will need to plant a few.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Gee, I didn't even think of attracting hummers to myself...too cool.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I hadn't thought of that either.
I'm a hummer magnet!

This message was edited Aug 7, 2006 1:31 PM

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

I'm a snapdragon,too!

Hebron, KY

I'm an Echinacea! I love them and have lots of them!

Marilyn

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm a hydrangea. There's 2 of us now!

You are just a little bit of a show off and like to prove just what you can do. Every time someone double-dog-dared you, you proved that not only could you do it, but you could do it with style."

This message was edited Aug 10, 2006 12:21 PM

Wellington, OH

This was fun - some of the possible answers were hilarious. Says I'm a violet - I was hoping for something a little more edgy. My whole front lawn (shady) is violets - I've been looking for someway to get rid of them and still have grass.

Kay

Beachwood, OH

Well I'm claiming to be a snapdragon since thats the first answer I got. Then I went back and took it more times only to find out I could be a violet or a daisy. Now I'd like to see the whole list of possibles!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I would too. I wish there was a way to see all of the discriptions.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm a violet. BooHoo! I don't like them and I don't think I'm all that shy. I think I'd rather be a daylily so I could start each day looking new and beautiful. Of course that means I'd end each day looking old and wilted, but since that's how I look all the time now, maybe it would not be such a bad deal.

susan

This message was edited Sep 12, 2006 6:55 AM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I just took it with some crazy answers to see if I could get something we hadn't already seen. I'm a nigella

'Many people think you are just a little bit odd, but you consider yourself a little eccentric. You find new experiences exciting and fulfilling.'

now I have to look up nigella

edit: ahhh...love-in-a-mist. that's not bad, kind of romantic

This message was edited Aug 13, 2006 1:07 PM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'm a Canna, and so is DH. He's says he knew we were compatible. LOL

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Susan, ROTFL!!!! And I want to be a daylily too!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I am a daffodil, and that was fun

Beck

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

So, there were to many questions that I didn't feel had a right answer or more than one answer was right, so I went through and tried all the answers that were approached. Here's what I got in order of most common/correct. I copied and included the write-ups because I've been curious about others.

You Are a Daisy
"You are just a sweet person. When a friend needs a shoulder to cry on, you are happy to offer yours with a box of tissues as well. Once in awhile, you wish you could be a little more dramatic but then sensibility sets back in and you know that you are perfect the way you are."

You Are a Violet
"You have a shy personality. You tend to hesitate before trying new things or meeting new people. But once people get to know you, you open up and show the world what you are really all about."

You Are a Morning Glory
Dedicated is one word for your. You have a tendency to overwhelm other people occasionally with your enthusiasm for life.

You Are an Echinacea
"You are a health conscious person, both your health and the health of others. You know all about the health benefits and dangers of the world around you."

You Are a Snapdragon
"Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

In other words you have an eclectic personality (split personality). lol

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I would accept that, if asked to come up with one word to describe myself it would be "contradiction".

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I am a canna which is an ok description.

"You stand up for what you believe in, even if it gets in the way of what other people think. You are proud of yourself and your accomplishments and you enjoy letting people know that."

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm a snapdragon. They are one of my favorites!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm a violet too, Pirl. Go figure.... Neither one of us is the slightest bit shy.

JasperDale - you fit your description!

Zuzu - and we're hardly hesitant, never in nurseries!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Maybe you ladies have overcome your hidden violet-like qualities ;^)

(Blushing) we're trying!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

When I'm not a canna, I'm a sunflower!

(Zone 5a)

Fun thread - took it twice, I'm an Echinacea

"You are a health conscious person, both your health and the health of others. You know all about the health benefits and dangers of the world around you."

I guess that fits the pharmacists part of me ;-) and the fibromyalgia battling part too ....

don't grow them - I don't think they grow here, at least I haven't tried - think they're late bloomers?

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Echinacea wold be fine for you. Also known as coneflower (mostly the purple cone flower but there are other colors), it actually will bloom in early summer, and with deadheading may repeat. Mine overlap with the somewhat later Black-eyed Susans. It spreads well but not invasively. Try it. And if you are so inclined, make a tincture of the roots to treat your hopefully infrequent colds!.

I love this thread. It could go on forever!

Peter

(Zone 5a)

Maybe I will try it next summer! Unfortunately my colds are almost non-stop all winter (I'm currently battling the first of the season - and have been for over a week!) so I really could use something to keep them away!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Just saw the thread. great quiz and...................

Canna-- here. Add one more canna to the tally.

Sure are a lot of snapdragons?

calvin

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

when I started this thread I never dreamed it would take on a life of it's own. I'm glad everyone is having so much fun. I'll take a count again some day soon.

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

rannveig - The last research I saw reported said that echinacea doesn't work; but thoe that swear by it say to take it immediately at the start of an episode, in a tincture.

Peter

(Zone 5a)

Thanks peter - I'm not too sure about how effective it is - I've heard it's mainly helpful to prevent colds rather than fixing them once you've got them. I've taken olive leave extracts and I do belive that helps if you take it immediatly when you're feeling a cold coming on.

But I might try growing the echinacea - as a pharmacist I'm interested in growing plants with "medicinal powers" :o)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

besides, echinacea are just great flowers to grow, easy, tough, long-lasting. Rannveig, can you get the new varieties? seems there are new ones every time a catalog comes out.

(Zone 5a)

Well, I've seen Echinacea seeds available at the garden centers in spring - don't know what varieties - but they're available. After my shockingly expensive Helleborus seed import I don't know if the door on ordering seed on-line has just closed on me. I'm still recovering from the shock - there were so many more seeds I wanted to order in the future! :-( The variety of perennial seed at the garden centers is really limited - it's mostly annuals - and I'm not ready to accept having the garden centers govern what perennials I can try out (most of the seeds they have are something I already have - or tryed) ....... I'm feeling very restricted at the moment.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

It's such a shame that the climate restricts your gardening and then you can't even get the things you want to try. I suppose seed collected from a private garden would not be allowed in at all? Can we smuggle them in to you a few at a time ;-)

(Zone 5a)

Thanks gram, that's very kind of you! Actually I think thatīs allowed. I had to fill in some report for some agriculture research bureau listing the name of the plants I was ordering seed from. Since this is the first time I've had any trouble with ordering seed I called and asked for the reason for all this paperwork and trouble and asked if I could trade seed with others outside Iceland. She said that would be ok, but I have to fill out the report everytime. I'll have to check out the trade forum :-)

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Add another snapdragon to the list! They were always my favorite flower as a child because you can make them "talk." The first time I showed that to my Loving Husband was in an outdoor cafe, I was giggling and playing with the flowers and he was trying to look inconspicuous (hard for him to do at 6'5")

plantnutga

This message was edited Sep 10, 2006 11:39 AM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

that's cute, plantnuga. it's fun when a flower brings back a childhood memory. i've always loved snapdragons for that reason, too. and I'll bet some of the passersby knew exactly what you were doing LOL

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm an echinacea--but I don't even like them much--what does that mean?!

I think I'll take the quiz over again and tell them I like ice cream with peanut butter and see if I can be a rudbeckia! Or a daffodil. I wonder what kinds of answers a 'daffodil' result requires?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.