What kind of flower are you ?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

im a violet

I am aViolet
What Flower Are You?
my hubby took it and he is a canna

This message was edited Jul 29, 2006 2:35 PM

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Oh dear me I retook it using just about as opposite choice as I could for every one and came out a rose. I am a canna. I don't like canna's and love roses.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

zen, we haven't had one rose yet (at least not one who got there without cheating LOL)

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

The rose is a uptight person. Guess most of we gardeners aren't.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Wonder why they chose the rose for that description? THAT seems a little harsh!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I was wondering the same thing. Here is the description for a Rose.

"Refined and proper, you know that everything has its place and that its place is where you think it should be. You don't have much tolerance for tom-foolery and will turn your nose up at the type of people who waste their time on foolish things."

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm an ''a place for everything and everything has it's place person, but I'm not that uptight! I just like to be able to find things!

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Perhaps the questionnaire guru thought of the rose's associatin with upper crust English gardens, and the stereotype(?) of those persnalities.

Peter

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

That's a good assumption.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I agree, they must have been thinking of a very large rose garden all in rows with a box hedge around it.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I'm a snapdragon -- and aside from cosmos, they are the only annual I ever plant!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

gee, I'd LIKE to be able to find things, it just never works out that way :-) if they had one for animals I'd probably be a dust bunny

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

ROTFL!!!

Raleigh, NC

I'm a Snapdragon. Seems to fit!

Raleigh, NC

It says I'm a snap dragon. It seems to fit!

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Great Quiz.

I am an Echinacea:)

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

definately a dust bunny.

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

The dust bunny thing is just plain funny! And i don't even know what a dust bunny is.

I need to share something, unrelated to secret flower souls. I am totally challenged by the computer jargon and acronyms, so I decided to figure it out once and for all - after seeing ROTFL one more time (thanks for the inspiration, Billy). So I found this great dictinary of this stuff. Don't know if I willuse it outgong, but now I can translate the language!

http://www.geocities.com/ben-fuzzybear/acronyms.html

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

pdkrones, you probably don't have dust bunnies at your house or you would know them. they are the rather large clumps of dust that accummulate if you are (ahem..cough) a 'little' behind on your housework. you really don't have to worry until your family starts giving them names LOL (there's one of those computer geeky things again).

gram

ps I'd post a pic of one, but my granddaughter got tired of naming them and did some vacuuming ;^))

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I am a Canna, Then I went back and changed my Ice Cream answer and I was A Sunflower!

Is ther a mix between the 2? LOL

sue

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

pdkrones, thank you I bookmarked it. I don't have to ask anymore.

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Welcome, zen -

Of course you are either an intergeneric cross known now as Canflower or a Sunna, Ruby. The second one sounds too sectarian, given the times, so you are a Canflower (aka Cannflower). Which makes you a Cannianthus x annuus - unless the cross has made this hybrid plant more hardy than the annual Sunflower. This sounds like a really tough biological feat, which makes you priceless!

The interesting thing is that they are both bold, bright, tall plants, so I can see how the creator of the questionnaire that spawned this absorbing thread did put some thought in!

Peter

This message was edited Aug 1, 2006 1:04 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

either way, apparently canflowers like ice cream ;-)

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Great fetilizer - just see how it makes PEOPLE grow . . .

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

works for me :-))

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

yep.,work's for me too!

Now I am off to have some ice cream!!!! LOL

sue

Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm a Violet also ,
vicki

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pdkrones, I bookmarked it too! Cool! LOL on your defination of crossovers!

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Amazingly, I'm a daffodil - which is my favorite spring flower!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

A violet. Amazing that we are always pulling them out and tossing them but I'm a violet - almost depressing.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, pirl, violets are sweet. they're only a problem if there are too many. one is perfect!

Thanks for the vote of approval but they just spread so much!

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, wait a minute. Half of my lawn is violets. to heck with fescue. This stuff doesn't get too high, and doesn't spread like bermuda grass, which is the other half.

Gardengirl, you are obviously a really together lady (unless you are a guy!) so your 'inner flower' matches what you think you are!

I am still working on identifying myself with the Canadian thistle. It's not coming along so fast.

Peter

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

what is a cuisinart?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

oh, Canada! if you can't work thru it, just take the quiz again, peter :o))

a cuisinart is a food processor

This message was edited Aug 3, 2006 3:17 PM

Monroe, NC(Zone 7b)

I may have to do this a lot. I am shooting for a Brugmansia, or maybe some thing unruly and natural, like perennial sunflowers. Now that's a contrast, so it is easy to see how together I am!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2006 3:24 PM

This message was edited Aug 3, 2006 6:17 PM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Grampapa!

I have one, but use it mainly to slice apples for a big pan of apple crisp. Guess I'm still a saucepan!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Pirl, think of yourself as a viola instead of a violet....

I'd prefer to think of myself as an ice poppy but the heat is still here!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I think I'm a Cleome. I'm the cat's whiskers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.