What kind of flower are you ?

Winchester, VA(Zone 6a)

Oh, good, i'll bring the merlot!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a plan!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm there. after all, I missed out on the Halloween witches brew :-( how about if I bring some cheese?...a good cheddar?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That will work too! I love cheddar!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That was kinda fun Gram! Some of these little quizzes are totally off,but I can deal with being a Sunflower, lol.

Deb

Edited to say: Well looks like Sal, Dave and I are the only Sunflowers....oh well... NO probs though I habe plenty of chipmunk bait (sunflower seeds) in my pockets, and I can sing them into a joyful stupor if necessary, hehe.

"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."

This message was edited Nov 6, 2006 9:01 PM

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Great quiz Grammy,

Well Deb. I am a sunflower too, seems to be too good to be true for me, my dh would probably say I tend to more of the prickly cactus at times.

Saw someone did a count up earlier on, mainly snapdragons, echinicias, and only four of us sunflowers at that time.

Loved Grampapas pic of what flower she wasn't or was! I think I would like to be ......well, let me see, something exotic and colourful, say a singapore orchid, a sunfloweer is not my idea of myself.

Now, will someone please tell me what rotfl means,,,,, seen it lots of times on this thread....rock on the flower lovers?.... what?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

lol ferrymead, it's 'roll on the floor laughing'. One of us Sunflowers musta sent them into a hysterical fit laughter, and the gravity took over... Prolly Dave ..hehe.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Too sweet for my own good. Daisy dukes here.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh Deb, that dscribes you so well!!! You are a daisy!!!! Hope you are having a beautiful day!!! Even with the rain...which we need!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Help Jan! I'm surounded by Snapdragons, lol. Both DH & DD ...

If they blossom like the ones in my host beds, I should be able to bear up..haha

o/

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Deb, my DH is a snapdragon, too. I just bought some seeds...if you can't beat 'em, join 'em ;0)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

hmmm. I'm a Sunflower. I think that means I'm a tall obnoxious weed that drops seeds all over the place. Come to think of it, my favorite treat IS sunflower seeds. You are what you eat?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, it means you have a beautiful sunny face that makes everyone happy when they see it (I'm following you...Happy Birthday!)

LOL ! Thank you for the Birthday Wishes. Some people make us happy by coming, some by going...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Join the club Wanda!! And happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!!

Hope ya having a great day!

Here's your Birthday card :oD!

Thank you. It has been a lovely day.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated Wanda, don't know how I missed you on the b'day list.

I guess I never logged on Saturday. That's why.

I had a slow & lazy Birthday weekend with kids and hubby. Older daughter even cleaned the house for my Birthday present! :)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

The best present of all!!! Something ''hand'' made. :)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, I would love that. anybody can clean anything at my house anytime LOL glad you had a good day

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah Jan,
And it doesn't have to be your birthday...To bless someone by letting them clean for ya! ~What a gal!

I say Wanda has it goin on!!

hehe

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

absolutely! did something right raising that girl, that's for sure.

Thank Goodness! When she was 13 to 18 we could do NOTHING right as far as she was concerned. Had to keep a tight lid on that one. At 22 years old, she's become a lot wiser. Liz has gotten a 2 year college degree & deciding if she wants to go farther while we are still paying the bills. She manages the Toy Department at one of our local Walmarts. (Busy season!) Tarined to be a teacher so far, but maybe store management instead?

Liz sees her high school friends with babies to raise, no $$ & no husbands to help. Cleaning the house now makes up for all the chores she refused to do as a kid...

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

She sounds like a wonderful young lady!

Ask me in 30 years & we'll see if she has resisted her tendency of liking the exciting "bad boys".

And the younger daughter, Amanda? I pray she finds a direction. Sweet kid who does not want to hurt us. She is flunking out of college--smart, but avoiding classes. Her latest plan is to "Go NUKE" with the Navy. She's good at Math and hopes to get her discipline back. Traveling on a nuclear aircraft carrier to far away places appeals to her too. I pray that she finds her place, it would be a shame to waste a brain like hers.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Things do have a way of working out. Hope for the best!

Like I said, ask me in 30 years if it all does... :)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

We will!

Deb, I finally got back ''up'' to look at your pictures. I love the sunflower and quote. So simple, so true. Your snaps are HUGE! I love snaps.

I started counting my books and had to change my answer to 100+. That and another answer says I went from a Canna to a sunflower. Yaaayy! I like sunflowers!

"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."

I do try to think positive about people!

We are all God's Children and have Blessings from Him.

Some people have unfortunate childhoods that warp them and a few are just plain mean. Other people have lousy childhoods and turn out just fine. We don't have a choice over our past, but we CAN change today and tommorrow. I just try to find good in all people that I meet and doubt rumors I hear about them. I DO have a hard time justifying terrorists.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wanda~ we're in your corner, sounds like your doing a fine job with the girls. They do have to make their own decisions for it to mean something to them, and it's cool you understand that. I feel your concerns loud and clear, and relate!

Thanks Sal!
There's a lot of power in a well used quote. If it's easy to remember, a person is more apt to call it to mind. Used some to make about 50 wallpapers, because of how that has worked with me.

Here's one with a quote I like too from Ladybird Johnson.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Wanda, that was said beautifully.

Deb, that's beautiful. I usually do my soul searching and praying for others when I do my walk in the country. It just seems to mean more under an open sky.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I'm a Daffy_Dill!!!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

oooh, I love daffodils. can I hang out with you? and they are early bloomers !

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm a daff too. I have hundreds, and I love them, so I might as well be one! lol

I'm a late bloomer. Still waiting... :)

Hammond, IL(Zone 5a)

iabloomin LILY

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm a snapdragon. I can see that...I sometimes like to do things that are a little naughty (like wearing a t-shirt that says "Garden Hoe" hehehe) I'm growing snap dragons for the first time this year; guess it's a good sign. :-) Tamara

Aquebogue, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm a canna. What a surprise. I saved the site in my favorites. It was something fun to do for a change. Thank you.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

don't know where I have been for a couple of years...this thread is long, but what fun!!!!
I am a daffodil, but I have never grown one (LOL)

Prineville, OR(Zone 6a)

I'm a noxious weed. Ha ha! Just kidding.
It actually said that I was a daisy. Who'da thunk!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.