Ugly Thread 2006

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

On ice skates...doing the splits?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

This thread is hilarious...if someone has never grown daylilies before..they'd sure never buy one after seeing these..lol...I finally have an entry...Stagecoach Inn..maiden bloom...

Thumbnail by JodyC
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I think Moby may be on to something. Can't we rename them just for the moment in time they look so unlike their Plant File photos?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Like "Crab On Skates"?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Crab on Skates...good one Moby..lol..

Sayre, OK(Zone 7a)

Looks like the Stagecoach Inn is next door to Moby's Hot Nickle Saloon... I hear there was quite a rowdy crowd there last night. Must have spilled over on to your bloom, Jody. ;o)

Kelly in OK

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

ROTFL I like that!

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

ROFLOL!!!!! Spit my coffee out!!!!! "...Hot Nickle Saloon..." "...Crab On Skates..." This is my favorite DL thread!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

How about Stagecoach Thin since it's so squished.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh that's a good one..heehee
Stagecoach wheel...lol...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's what I was thinking ~ looks like something found in a wagonwheel rut.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I hurried out at 6 AM this morning as I knew that my very first 2004 tet spider seedling would be blooming.

This pic is what I saw ;-( Then I remembered that the cross was Red Suspenders X Blue Eyed Curls) Remember the reg. plant Blue eyed Curls from lst years ugly thread???

This bloom petals were skewed and canoe-ed.

I took its picture and didn't dig it out immediately.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I went out later - 96 degrees and 100% humidity and found it had straightened out somewhat but the deep maroon with a slate blue wash had faded. Guess I'll let it live until it's done blooming - nothing really spectacular about it except it is so ugly when it opens.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

roflmbo...Moby

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL at myself... Sorry, I'm not gonna touch that first pic ~ glad your bloom turned in the right direction, se_eds. :)

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I didn't take a photo of my second stagecaoch today,I had company and no time to do it...but it was a bad as the first...Gosh I hope they aren't all as bad as those two...last year it bloomed only a couple blooms but if I remember right they were okay,wonder what's going wrong with it this year...maybe the acid rain talked about eariler in the thread..lol..

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

se-eds that first pic looks like its giving a hand signal, ROFLMBO.

FFO on Breed Apart.

Thumbnail by Dravencat
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's not bad!

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

FFO on Grey Witch......she was looking pretty witchy today....

Thumbnail by diamndsnjns
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Warts and all..... :))

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

sybiltwo...good one...lol...

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Christmas Special wasn't so special on its first bloom. Note the Irish Spring. It's among a number of deer repellents I've got going. They still are getting some of them. I was really diappointed a couple days ago when I found the one scape on last year's addition of one fan of Parrot Jungle stripped of its buds. It was planted where I hoped it would be safe about six feet from our front door.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2006 6:15 PM

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

If I remember right, didn't you try Plantskydd last year?

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I did and like so many thing i've tried, it worked for awhile and then they seem to accustom to it. Right now I've got three motion activated Noise makers that offer a high pitch noise that we don't here, a motion activated water sprayer, Irish Spring soap, human hair, human urine, milorganite, and a tape strung about the yard with repellant smelling stuff sprayed on it.
As you probably know by now, I really love my daylilies and would do almost, note almost, anything to protect them. I suppose a really high fence is the only sure thing, but it just wouldn't fit into our neighborhood setting very well. Margo Reed was telling me that, even though have a very successful high fence, they have trouble with them getting under or through the gate.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Burning Angel - FFO - I think she got her face to close to the fire. LOL

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

And this is the ugliest one I've seen. The actual color is a deep maroon and BLACK - it looks like badly butchered meat. Also a FFO on Cameroon X Jolly Red Giant. The black sepals would make it a reverse bicolor. I don't know whether to kill it now, or wait for the other two scapes to bloom. I have plenty of plants in pots to replace it - and I told it so today. LOL

Thumbnail by se_eds
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

se_eds: I swear, the first thing that popped into my head about your last entry was, "BOO!!!" or maybe,"Trick or treat!" LOL!!!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

diamndsnjns, is that the witch or the broom?

se_eds, yours reminds me of a bat saying Boo!

Those are really good, bad ones. LOL

Leslie

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

not really sure at this point....lol.....let's hope it gets a little better from here...

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Waaaaa! Waaaa! My camera broke! One of the uglies was SO ugly; (How ugly was it?) It was SO ugly, it broke my camera!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh, NOoo!! Maybe it's a good thing we can't see ~ we might have gone blind!

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I was so excited that my first DL was blooming not so much when I got close and saw what bloomed

Thumbnail by avmoran
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

It's nice and flat!

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL
It is that
LOL

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Yep that's an flat ugly one...lol...

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

FFO on GARY COLBY

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Is Gary a bit immature? (acne)

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

LOL, I was too tired to think of something to go with him but I think that's it Moby!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Maybe if he not as immature as he looks, maybe Gary Moldy?

Huntington, WV(Zone 6a)

I still haven't had a really ugly bloom this year, but here's a real ugly garden picture. The pink and gold is even more jarring in person. I'm SURE I didn't plant an oriental lily right in the middle of the Stella clump. Maybe the squirrels helped?

Thumbnail by gdionelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.