Ugly Thread 2006

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, you're right, Sue! That harp looks VERY out of tune!

Here's another worthy of this thread...Russian Rhapsody.

Thumbnail by mgh
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Peacock Crest, off to the ugly thread. Come back later, if you right yourself.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Just 4 tepals on this one. I've got it tentatively identified as fulva var. rosea

Thumbnail by keyi
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

wow Keyi, you've have an un-tepal!
Leslie

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

LOL Leslie. And from the parent plant of the prolifs that poly! Weird.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Ya never know who those little flowers have been mixing with. ;o)

I had a couple participants for this thread in my garden today.

This is supposed to be Eye Catching.

Thumbnail by mgh

And this is Rouge And Lace.

Thumbnail by mgh
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Mendy, even if that that opened all the way, that can't be Eye Catching, too much bleeding of the eye pattern going on.

Hmmm....it's the FFO on it. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens with it. (Yes, pun intended! lol)

(Zone 7b)

http://www.hemerocallismontfort.com/

Looks sort of similar in the bleeding of the eye, no?

(Zone 7b)

Sorry, that link didn't work, try this:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/81635/

I'm not sure your hyperlink is working right.

(Zone 7b)

Looks similar to my (admittedly unknowledgable) eye.

It wasn't, so I tried a pic from PF instead.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2006 11:06 PM

Ok, gotcha. Yeah, that's what I thought too when I went and looked. That's why I thought I'd just see what the next ones do. This is the first time this one has bloomed in my garden.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

MGH, I think you should get a special UGLY for those! LOL
Maybe we can hava a contest each year and award an UGLY to the winner! That would be fun.

Leslie

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually we did have a contest with a winner last year. I may be biased, but I think it was Blue Eyed Curls. At least it was champ for a while.

Oh yeah, BEC was definitely the winner last year, Don! LOL

(Zone 7b)

BEC last year was my morning laugh for a while.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I'll have to post some of my uglies tonight, I've got the worst bunch of blooms I've ever had! I'm threatening to chop them all down, wonder if that'll scare them pretty????? Moby ~ your bag of hot nickles sure does travel!!!

Leslie ~ I was laughing to myself (that's scary) while looking at my Tooth yesterday....I had a "Tooth" (1 tooth) a "Toothless" (No tooth) and a "Teeth" (I think it had 3 or 4). It's a nice bloom either way :-)

Vicki

Just as long as it's not Jaws! LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL Vicki! I think that bag of hot nickels broke open and rolled all over the country.

Mendy ~ your second bloom is definately a 'double-bagger'.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Vicki, it's fun to see about the teeth, isn't it?

Moby, you are a hoot!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

LOL Moby, I think they've multiplied too, looks we're talking about an armored cars worth now! That's how many it looks like hit here :-(

Leslie, yep that's the first thing I looked for when I saw the blooms were open :-)

No Jaws here Mendy but here's a pic of Helix, it kind of reminds me of a Gremlin's ears (anyone remember that movie) how they'd lay their ears down....or maybe a whipped pup, anyway, it's less than what I had hoped for the sepals are all messed up.

Thumbnail by sadie_mae
Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Same thing with Marked By Lydia and this had nothing but beautiful, perfect blooms last year. Look at some of those buds, how they are curved and funky looking, those blooms will look the same or worse. I think that all of mine that had spring sickness are going to have bad flowers and that's going to be a bunch :-(

By the way, it did have pollen but I had harvested it this morning and took the pic this afternoon.

I thought I had more but I guess they were so ugly that I deleted them all already.

Thumbnail by sadie_mae
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Did anyone take note of the last post of the uglies from last year? Maybe there's a point in time where they "get the message" to do the right thing.

Here's another double bagger for ya, Moby! Or would it be a quadruple bagger since there are two?

Rouge and Lace

Thumbnail by mgh
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No silly, it would be a triple bagger! It may need 2 but you still only need 1. But it really isn't that bad, all in all. :)

Ok, thanks for clarifying that! I just figured since there were 2, it would be a quadruple bagger. LOL You really don't think they are that bad? Even with the deformities? ;o)

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

After having such a nice maiden bloom, Princess Ellen is having a bad day. Our weather which has been unusually cool, went suddenly back to 100 degrees yesterday. I wonder if that could have caused this?

Sandy

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Moby's hot nickels sure get around, maiden bloom on
SHAKA ZULU.

Sandy

Thumbnail by gonzomamma
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sorry about those nickles... they're multiplying faster than rabbits.
Is Shaka Zulu the victim of tribal warfare??

It sure looks like it!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh YIKES!!! Is your SZ from the co-op? I've got a scape on it but it'll be a little bit before it blooms....maybe Moby's nickles will be headed back to NE by then :-)

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Moby LOL! SZ should win the ugly award for the day.

Sadie, yes, it's from the Hansen co-op, but I'm not worried because all the other ones have been fabulous or very good for a first bloom. My Geneva Hearthrob gave me two great blooms, and Spacecoast Tiny Perfection lives up to it's name.

Sandy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I gave in to my curiousity and looked up last year and the ugly daylily thread and the last post was July 29th so we still have over a month of uglies to go!

Lots to look forward too, eh!! ;o)

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Sandy,

That might win for the year! Ugh. Don't you love Geneva Hearthrob though? The Geneva series is one of my favs.

Leslie

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Moby: "...tribal warfare..." ROFLMBO!!!! (Or the aftermath of some 'heated' Indian Politics)

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

O.K. Here's my entry for today: 'Chesapeake Crablegs'. Looks more like the Creature From the Black Lagoon, if you ask me...

Thumbnail by sybiltwo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.