Ugly Thread 2006

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

I dooo believe I may have a winner (or the big LOSER!) if you prefer. It looks like it's been chewed up and spit back out. Every other flower on that plant looked lovely.

Here's... drumroll...

Siloam Royal Prince!

Thumbnail by mickgene
Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Royally ugly, if you ask me. Almost as ugly as my 'Bradley Bernard'. He be OGGLEE!!! LOL!

This message was edited Jul 13, 2006 5:00 PM

Thumbnail by sybiltwo
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Mickgene, that is truly pitiful. LOL I'd say it's in #1 so far.

Leslie

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

sybiltwo, Yuuuuuuck!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Here's one for you. EVERY bloom looked like this last year and as you can tell by the picture...this year too. Luckily I didn't by it for it's "beauty" but because it's supposed to be very fertile. I just haven't crossed it yet. I was thinking of waiting for another ugly "beauty". You know the old saying: "two ugly people can produce beautiful children" well lets hope so!!!!!!
"Shinning Hour" (nothing shinning on this!)

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Geez.... color-wise, it looks like a day old bloom.

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

Moby, I agree. Pixie, I wonder what fertile imagination thought up the name for it? LOL!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I think who ever named , never mind registered it, was on drugs!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I guess "Shining Hour" didn't like being posted on the ugly thread...she looks 50% better this morning.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

However..."Maxfield Parrish" decided to take tje spot for "ugly daylily of the day".

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yikes ~ that last one wins the Daily Double.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL...I think so too. it was beautiful last year, lets hope this is just a fluke on the first bloom!

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

He's SO ugly, he's TEXAS UGLY!!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

ROTFLMAO But he's a "Mainer"

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

pixie - I'm just curious: do you remove the flower when it's that bad and toss it? I toss any that the water system mutilates - just the flower, not the plant!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

When they look that bad I do!!!! But not usually until the end of the day...I think I pray for a miracle all day and then give up and rip it off!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Part II http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/628603/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.