Woo Hoo Where are all the Centeral Fl. crowd?

Alva, FL(Zone 9b)

WELL, CORKY, WHATEVER IT IS IT LOOKS LIKE ITS DOING FINE. WILL WAIT WITH BATED BREATHE TIL IT BLOOMS. LOL

Lakeland, FL

It is getting ready to bloom, they are either blue or light purple. I was peeking at them last nite. OH well time shall tell I guess huh? Me

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi,

Checking in. Our renovation is winding down so life is getting back to normal. Still crazy busy with daylily season.

Serenepink, welcome. I hope you can come to the next round up.

How are all those on our prayer lists doing?

Leslie

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

hi! I have friends and family in Heathrow and longwood.. right above orlando!

I went to some HS off of 436!

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Everyone, anybody got any tips for growing pineapples, and how to get my citrus to bloom????

Casselberry, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm mostly growing veggies and fruits this year, but I do have a wall o' moonflowers and morning glories started behind the vegetable and strawberry patch. The moonflowers finally began to bloom this week, but I've been so exhausted when I get home from work around 11 pm (my team at work has an alpha milestone for our video game due on Monday, and we've been working 12 hour days for the past two weeks) that I haven't seen them at night yet. I just notice the closed and dropped blooms the next morning when I go out to turn on the soaker hose. :-S

Thumbnail by causticmuse
Melbourne Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm new here -- just joined -- and wandered over here to see what you all were up to. I'm in Melbourne Beach about 6 houses off the ocean so salt is an issue I deal with always. I've looked around for any talk about salt tolerant gardens but haven't seen anything. This is a great site though -- lots of info! -- Vicky

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

LaLambchop,

I will be happy to come!! When is the next one? Will the information be posted here? I am still trying to figure out how most of it works.

Thank you!

Lakeland, FL

Well, the leaves feel like a daisy leaf on this plant? Help????? See my pic a few pics above. xoxoxo Corky

Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

LaLambchop..

I would like to come too... if that is ok!

I am always lokoing for a reason to show my kids other gardens and get out of this town! lol

I would be staying off the Lake Mary/ Heathrow exit. but I know Maitland well!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Serenepink, Noell and everyone,

There is a round-up at MollyMc's on June 17th in Archer, outside Gainesville. I won't be able to make this one, but here's the link and if you're interested, just reply to that thread and go from there. They are lots of fun and maybe you can get in on Jeremy's recent haul of bargain plants!

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fr.php

Leslie

Orange Springs, FL(Zone 9a)

Orange Springs Here, East of Ctira, NE of Ocala, Near HAwthorne & Interlachen,.
I live on a lake.
Shellie

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Shellie,

This is your lucky day. Looks like you are up by us. Having a roundup on Saturday. Short notice I know, but we'll be here if you have a notion to join us.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/595661/

Welcome to Dave's. We're alway so happy to see new people close by.

Molly
:^))))

Ormond Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi everyone . I'm new to daves garden but not to gardening . I come from a long line of dirt diggers :)
Im a native of South Florida , have lived all over the state and now have a little beach cottage in Ormond Beach
here is a link to my NWF backyard habitat with some pics

http://www.enature.com/backyardwildlife/nwf_bwh_showhabitat.asp?bwhid=27556

It looks like I'm the only one in Volusia county here :(
Oh well. Vicky in Melbourne email me and we can talk salt tolerance . Im on the first break so have employed lots of methods to combat the salty wind and used salt tolerant plants as windbreaks off the ocean with success .
I look forward to getting to know you all ! Is anyone else into ponding ? Im a certified pondaholic
Teresa

Thumbnail by teresamas
Spring Hill, FL

My mailing address is Spring Hill, but I am on the west sde of US Hwy 19, so I feel like I live in Aripeka.

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

Teresa, I'm a rock lover and wonder where on earth you got that exotic thing! How tall is he? Does he ward off weeds? lol

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm close by also.

I live in Wauchula. (Hardee Co.)

The closest people to me so far are, .... you Corky59, and MotherNature4. : )

I have D-mailed MotherNature4 a couple of times, and she is a sweetheart, PLUS she has creditials and knowledge, that can only be gained by Education, and common sense. Can't wait to meet her, one day soon.

I really think I'm gonna like it here, and look forward to the NEXT roundup close by.

Saint Petersburg, FL

HI THERE FROM ST. PETE!

LOL, BIVBIV my DH is an artist .He beat that big hunk of rock into submission using every odd tool imaginable about 7 years ago.
. We call him the Big Kahuna .He is made of Coquina and is about 4 feet tall . His powers are many ,,,,unfortunatly he Attracts weeds rather than repels them but he makes me smile :)

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9b)

HI Everyone! Nice to see there are a few here from Spring Hill :)

Lakeland, FL

Okay Folks, Here's a few pictures of me flowers.Remember I am the one w/ the worlds oldest digital so don't fuss about the quality ha ha. HAGD to All. xoxoxo Corky

Thumbnail by corky59
Lakeland, FL

Here's a nudder one. Any one out there know what the first one is? This is a hybred hibiscus. Can't even remember the name of it. Senior moments ha ha. Corky

Thumbnail by corky59
Lakeland, FL

Another hybred Hibiscus. ROFL, My grand daughter years ago when she was learning to talk renamed hibiscus as: Hide your biskit so I am always referring to my hibiscuses as hide your biskits. She also renamed day lilys: daybellies. Lol out of the mouths of babes

Thumbnail by corky59
Lakeland, FL

My Cactus just before blooming. Corky OOPS that's voodoo lily

This message was edited Jun 23, 2006 12:06 PM

Thumbnail by corky59
Lakeland, FL

Try again

Thumbnail by corky59

I love stapelia blossoms but oh the horrific stench ! your stapelia and voodoo lily werent blooming at the same time were they ? Cool blooms with big stink :) Here is a pic of 1 of my hybrid hide your biscuits !

Thumbnail by teresamas
Lakeland, FL

AWWW!!!!!! What a gorgeous bloom. I found a wine/scarlet colored one at Wally World yesterday and grabbed it. Soon as the rain stopped u know I was out planting it. Full of blooms--soon as it blooms i will send some. My voodoo weirded out after it bloomed instead of the big stalk coming on up all I got was another baby? So now I have 5 baby voodoos? Oh well i enjoy watching plants flowers do there thing. Hagd all. Corky

Rockledge, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that there is an upcoming plant swap in Melbourne, August 12th. Time is still unknown. If you can check out gw, FL forum, Brevard Swap thread. Hope you can make it.
Sylvia

Lakeland, FL

grrr!!!!!!!!!! tHIS ANTIQUE camera doesn't do this bloom justice. It is actually wine colored. Corky

Thumbnail by corky59
Auburndale, FL(Zone 9b)

Another Polk Countian checking in from a few miles east of Corky59 and north of MotherNature4. And my wife's a native of BlueGlancer's hometown. Just ran across this thread.

Just had about one fourth of a professionally designed landscape installed on our third acre and have been using DG for a couple of months, looking for answers to a bunch of questions that our landscape installer has declined to address.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what's eating our juniper procumbens 'nana.' I've got about a dozen plants and half of them are turning brown from the tips - one's nearly dead. IFAS site has very little info (as does DG) and I've already bugged the CES folks about 50 million times. IFAS says scale is the major pest problem but I've looked carefully under the needles with a magnifying glass and can't see any. They're getting plenty of water.

I'll throw some pix up later today or tomorrow. Anybody have any ideas?

Larry

This message was edited Jul 18, 2006 3:20 PM

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi janlark
I have no idea what is wrong with your junipers. But, I had a problem similar one time with my short needle pine. I finally looked down where the brown stopped and in the woody part I found some kind of little boring worm. (very tiny) I don't remember what I sprayed with but it killed them. Just an idea.

Anyway welcome. : ) My hometown is actual Homeland. (between Fort Meade and Bartow) But my husband lives down here in Wauchula, so I have to live here also. LOL : ) Been here 30 years now.

Auburndale, FL(Zone 9b)

BlueGlancer

Thanks for the tip. I'll check for worms. It's a lot easier than checking a dog for worms.

I know Homeland. My wife used to teach at Ft.. Meade Middle/Senior (was called Junior/Senior back then).

Here's the worst of the junipers.

This message was edited Jul 18, 2006 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by janlark
Auburndale, FL(Zone 9b)

This is one of three beds with junipers

Thumbnail by janlark
Clearwater, FL(Zone 9b)

janlark -- if you haven't already reviewed and dismissed Phomopsis Twig Blight, check out this link http://www.ipm.uiuc.edu/diseases/series600/rpd622/index.html ... and I hope that's not what's wrong with yours.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Whatever it is, since this was a professional installation it should be fixed by the landscaper. Even Wally's has a 1 year guarantee.
Sidney

Auburndale, FL(Zone 9b)

Shelf Life,

Man that sure looks like my problem! i just checked the UF Extension site and they have nothing on Phomopsis Twig Blight. Found some info on the academic site, but most consumers don't know how to get there (by design, I'm sure). I guess I need to take a cutting in to the local CES office after sending him a webarchive of that Illinois page.

Thanks for the lead.

Larry

Debary, FL

Hey there ya'll. Ran and Glo over in deadbary,,lol or it seems that way sometimes, its a burg over across the St.Johns river from Sanford, as you can see I really do dig palms lol .I bleed green ! Nice to metcha all, Was in the green bizz almost 25 years till an accident almost put me down for good a few years ago. Now I have finally found something I can do and not exceed my lift restiction of 15 lbs,Plumerias. I am literally reduced to fiddling with sticks , plumeria cuttings, havin a ball seeing what they will bloomlike.Saw the prayer request up there,The Lord works in the now, so even late they count and will lift you up.Peace Rann

Thumbnail by razorbackrandy
Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Razorbackrandy! That's a big name! I have also just started with Plumerias - never ever seen one yet! first 5 I got I did what I used to do in UK, and put them straight in water till I could set them - BIG mistake! they are not like English Roses!!! So then I got another 5 at the Orlando Home Show - plus instructions from the Lady that sold them - I put them in pots to establish and now have the pots set in the ground in the Garden they have plenty of leaves and look very healthy and have grown average of 18" each stem, I sit patiently watching for anything that looks like a flower bud, but I am an optomist so I know that one day.......

Auburndale, FL(Zone 9b)

Do I have two different cultivars of Loropetalum? Both plants in this photo are supposed to be loropetalum chinense 'ruby' but the growth habits are entirely different. Foliage on the one on the left that's growing vertically also is a brighter green than the one on the right. There is a third plant out of the picture on the left and the three were installed to create a 3-foot hedge but I'm not sure loropetalum 'procumbens' is going to make it that tall.

Thumbnail by janlark
Debary, FL

Hey there Seemom, I root alot of them and have rooting tubes that work very well and use very little soil doing so. You sound as though you used the plumeria 101 peagravel method, and that is a good method. I dont know what you have going, but treat them kinda like you would a tomato, cut back or zero the nitro this time of year. They consume alot of phos.So any bloom formula is good. And dont water till they wilt, make them work. You will know you have an inflo when something like brocoli starts coming up out of the middle. This is an inflo opening right now,A friend in the nursery bizz is also a surferfreak and goes every year to islands in micronesia.He managed to bring some cuttings a couple of years ago and gave me this plant.I have not looked to identify whether it has been named or not, so I call it "Independence" Obviously I took the bait and become a plumeria junkie, but it worked out well, because now he buys all his plumerias to pot up from me. Yes that is blue in some of the blooms, , I hope it persists, that would be a good thing. You are over in Kissme, its a hop and a jump over here, let me know when and I'll set you up with some rooted cuttings or 3 gallons that have yet to bloom, there are 100s to choose from and Still plenty of summer to bloom in. sure wish we could post more than 1 pic at a time. once again, enjoyed your posts, nice to meet you and peace to you all. Rannn

This message was edited Jul 25, 2006 12:31 AM

Thumbnail by razorbackrandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.