Whos sick of this weather

Plumas Lake, CA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like a fun group of plant nerds!! I can't wait to meet you all one day.

Cheers, Keith

San Jose, CA

I just noticed this thread. You can count me in for any tour of the Monterey Bay Nursery!!! That sounds like a dream day.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Me Too! Kell knows I'm always up for a nursery trip.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

OK, lets see when Keith is free and make a play date!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!

Doss, I took a picture for you yesterday at a nursery. But I have to delete 1000 pictures before I can download my little card. Shoot. It is slow going.

Corte Madera, CA

hello, everyone. was at armstong garden center yesterday and saw clivias. wow. thought of kell. she's just so in love with clivias right now. or for a while already....lol.

great to meet you, keith.

boys and girls, when does our bus leave for the nursery tour?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Only 1000 photos Kell? You sure have been having fun with that camera. I'll look forward to the photo.

And Keith, I forgot to say welcome!

Plumas Lake, CA(Zone 8b)

Hey Kell!!

We have 2 gallon Variegated Clivias that bloom Yellow flowers available. But Manuel is not letting them go cheap. They are $360.00 each. OUCH!!
Just thought you might want to know.

Keith

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Doss, I was at Berkeley Hort today and they had about 5 of your ligularia. can't believe I am now looking for another type plant. This is how it starts, you look at them in every nursery and suddenly you start appreciating their type of beauty. And then you see one that is so well grown at a good price, so you just really must buy just tha tone. Then you are dead.

I took about 500 pictures on my nursery hop today. Which means I must delete 1500 pics before I download the new ones. My hardrive is full and I have to wait till after 4/15 for my DH to swich me over to a bigger hard drive. I have a 120 GB one now and it is filled with just pictures. I am doubling my storage space.

Oh Lali we couldn't forget you or Annapet or Lilystorm.

Oh Keith, you want me to sin. LOL. Did you ask Manuel if he had a variegated PINK??? That would make my heart skip a few beats.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

They are beautiful foliage plants Kell, Here's my latest. Farfugium Argentea. I was lucky enough to find a rather large one gallon. I also just bought some "Crested Leopard" and a ligularia Britt Marie Crawford. Britt Marie has huge ruffled dark red leaves. They look like heucheras on steroids, don't you think?.

Thumbnail by doss
Plumas Lake, CA(Zone 8b)

Kell if they did have a varigated clivia with a pink flower, you might just have to take a second mortgage on the house!

Keith

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

How are we supposed to get rid of weeds with this darned rain???!?!!? Ok, now I'm really getting tired of it. More rain expected today as well as winds. I guess that's ok, put a pre emergent down in the garden so they darned rain will help that. Still have quite a bit of weeding to do and more pre emerge. Anyone wanna help???!?!?!!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

My potted succulents are drowning. I am despressed. This may be my next course in drowning my wet and rainy sorrows. That and online shopping! LOL!

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL, cool refrigerator, can I come over and drown my sorrows as well!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

OK Sue, when the PARTY!!!!!

Keith, i think it is a matter of when they get it. And yes, I may have to sell my house to get one. LOL

What time should you expect me Sue? I have a nice bit of smoked salmon I got in Alaska and crackers.

I also have a nice bit of wine to add to that collection, of course it would likely get consumed before it got stocked! LOL.

Looks like we might get a bit of a break on Thurs.... or is Yahoo just taunting me.

Actually Sue, if this keeps up, I'll just jump in my Kayak and be right over! The Napa River eventually dumps into the bay somewhere and I could just paddle my little self along with my wine and salmon over to your nearest dock!

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sue, all of my succulents are drowning here too. I've put in quite a few since I saw you last. I'm having cell burst from too much rain also but I don't think that I'm going to lose any. Lost quite a few lower leaves. Maybe if I had a portable hair dryer I could race out between rainstorms and at least get the tops of them dry so they don't rot in the middle. They'll sink or swim I guess.

I should have dragged my pots under the arbor before this storm, it's a real doozy! As soon as I get just a wee bit of a break in the downpour, I think I will still have to do that. I have too many nice ones to loose. A couple already rotted when i didn't check them soon enough.
I did get a new anvil, and a couple of other pruners in the mail today but can't do any work with them yet, so catalog shopping it will have to be for a while it looks like.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, it's now pouring here. Miserable.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I got a shipment of new succulents about 3 weeks ago but decided not to plant them until the rain stopped. Well, they are getting properly acclimated to the light anyway. :-)

Mine are in the ground. No bringing them in.

San Jose, CA

So tired of the rain, so tired of the rain. You know it's bad out there when people you meet on the street (including men) look at the sky and then mutter something about the darn rain.

Sue, your wine does look good about now.

Plumas Lake, CA(Zone 8b)

Boy do I wish this Global Storming would stop. Here is a great storm watcher for what is coming .

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/nepac-ir4-loop.html

Keith

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Hi Keith,
Wish I knew how to decipher that!! It's cool though. Can you tell me what's coming? Are we going to get sunshine?

Sheesh, another one right behind the last one and then another behind that!
I did see the sun yesterday, very briefly.Teasing us.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sunshine and blue sky right now but the north looks pretty dark.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

So is today going to be our only nonrain day for the next week or so??

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Non rain!?!?!? We must be getting what you had! I just got hailed on in the Costco parking lot!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I just stuck my head outside to grab something and I froze. Geeze, do you think we will ever get warm and dry??

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yeah, it's cold, wet and windy here. Ok, ok enough!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey, I've got some sunshine for a moment. Need to go out and DO something!!!

I see blue sky! And something bright too! Could it be...the sun?!!

Dont' get your hopes up Sue, I got a glimmer of sun, ran out to divide a daylily clump and proceeded to get dumped on about half way through. Grrrr.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

sprinkling of snow, lots of rain and strong winds in the high desert! sun is teasing us up here. sun comes out followed by rain... no way can anyone venture outside, unless they will brave to be wet in 39ºF daytime temperature.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Tomorrow it's supposed to be dry. Get out your garden tools - it's supposed to rain through the first part of next week and then who knows?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I had enough for now which I got power out at 10:31 pm last nite scared! Then more pouring rain and got windy, rain and pellet hails! Sun is tricking too!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

The sun's out here, but I went to Rohnert Park today and it's one big wind tunnel. Freezing!!

Last night I found some slugs on my Lewisias and they were 10 times as big as any slug I've ever seen in my garden. Is this a case of water retention?

Hi Zuzu, I didn't know you lived so close! I keep trying to get DH to move over there, but so far no good. I also keep trying for Maui, but I keep getting shot right out the water on that one. I mean what's wrong with Maui ? At least they have sunshine.

I can't believe you have sun, the rain is coming in sideways here!

A wee pinch of salt will help those slugs with their water retention issues. (no, I'm not sadistic, but I do have a thing against slugs and their hard shelled cousins!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Begonia, Sebastopol is a magical place. I moved up here from the Bay Area in 1984 and I'm still happy about it every day. Maui would be nice too.

Salt does wonders and it feeds all of my sadistic impulses, but it's so bad for the plants that I have to reserve it for the slugs on the deck.

It's 4:30 and the sun is still out. I'm learning to count my blessings. I had 56 inches of rain in my garden this season, but Cazadero was approaching the 100-inch mark last night.

I just had to run to Santa Rosa, and the sun was shining. YEA! now I'm home and it followed me. It's blinding me as I type, but I certainly don't mind. At least I can see it!

I love Sebastopol, it really has all the best nurseries! and the climate, soil, and proximity to Bodega. It's perfect to me! Calistoga gets too hot and too cold. PLUS it's second only to Disneyland in the #'s of tourists each year. That's a lot of folks for a town of 5500! I can't hardly go downtown to get the mail on a weekend. It's a ZOO!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

OK what am I missing when I go to Sebastopol??? I know Zuzu is a very hot attraction but what else is bringng those tourists in?? I hit the antique stores and a few nurseries. I must be missing the all the fun.

I have a confession to make. I spent the first kind of sunny day in my robe, either online or in bed. What a day to get blah. I wish I had some one to make me homemade chicken noodle soup tonight. My DH will be home in a few minutes and I have not even figured out what to feed the man much less make it for him. How do you spell TAKE OUT! LOL

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

It does have fabulous nurseries. So does Santa Rosa. Do you ever go to King's? I love that place.

Come over any time for a nursery crawl. I found a new one last year behind a gas station in Santa Rosa. I don't even know whether it has a name, but it has very low prices.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.