Flowerbed photos

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh!! My Goodness!!!
What a glorious thread! You`all are very talented folk. I have so.... much to learn! Thank you all for the photos. Please keep them coming. I am in heaven..... Lesley

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

BEAUTIFUL FLOWER BEDS!!!!!
Hopefully someday mine will be as nice. I have a new yard to do .Hubby`s late wife was to sick to have any flower beds. So,I have a new slate to start with.
I have disabilities but can do a little gardening. My hubby is so good he does all the heavy stuff for me,also he built me a sm greenhouse and had them heat it with the outside wood furnace.. Aleta

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I've posted this before, so hope it's OK. A picture of my border last June. I'm one that doesn't take risks with color----but love the photos from the ones that do! I like to use colored leaf shrubs, and then just have cool colors for my flowers. My hubby would prefer they all be mixed up, reds, pinks, oranges etc.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

pollyk-nice garden and wow what a good photo, such a sharp image.

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

polly - beautiful garden - love the trellis !!!!

texas- are those solar lights in the bed ( i think it was 2nd photo) ?

In case ya'll wanna take a peek at the progress of my cottage garden over the past few years, here is a link to my garden diary as someone suggested. I take closeups so ya'll can't see my weeds, bug damage, etc.

http://www.davesgarden.com/journal/

libby

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you. Except for that little blob in the lower left, I don't know what I did there. My first digital camera last summer. What a difference.

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

~corgimom~ Yes those are solar lights that I have in my beds.
My hubby and I love to sit on our bench at night and we have the
lights surrounding the beds. It helps light the pathway that we
have around and thru our garden area.

Angela

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

~corgimom~ I went to the link that you posted and not sure how to
see your cottage garden, perhaps I'm not doing something right.

Angela

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

The link doesn't take you to the right spot, Angela. That's for journals.

Go to Corgimom's home page and click on her garden diary. There are some great photos in there.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Sherry, all of your photos are great. Those petunias -- Wow! How large is your garden?

Zen, I'm looking forward to seeing more "after the thaw." Stacy and Polly, you got me with those blue flowers. How I love them! They really cool down a summer garden, don't they?

Angela, I love the mixture of colors and textures. It's a nice balanced mix. I hope you'll post more this summer.

Jamie, I also can't wait till you see these beds in person. I had another wonderful day without rain. I'd almost forgotten how nice a dry day can be -- so productive...

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Zuzu and I will be sure to post more later. I have several beds that I
have either just finished or near finishing and would love to share with all. I love
looking at all of your beds as well. And thanks for the info on corgimom's site.
Can't wait to go there now.

Angela

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

I completed another flowerbed and as promised I would share with you.
It is fun starting from new and seeing the end results.

Angela

Thumbnail by TexasBlueBonnet
Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

This is my first year to have a Hummer and Butterfly bed. I sowed this last fall
and has done well, I'm looking forward to see what next spring will be like
once all these turn to seed.

I have seen many butterflies and hummers feasting, really exciting seeing them
enjoying themselves.

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Another view of the first photo

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Angela, those are really stunning photos. As always, you're mixing colors and textures beautifully, and I love your trellises and pots.

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh thank you ZuZu. This is my first time to garden and I am always
so nervous and scared what to plant together. My hubby likes things
to be thrown together and overgrown type garden and I like mine more
manicured and planned out!!! So it is a combination of the two of us.

I am so opened to suggestions and ideas to improve my beds. As for
my pots, I have enjoyed collecting them. My husband and I will take
off on a long weekend drive and look for different and new places for
pots. We will leave on a Friday and return on Sunday and we have the
best time together.

Angela

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

This is our latest addition to my pots.

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

The 2 pots on the ends and the tall one in the back were purchased last
month on a trip that we made just to get away!!! I like these kind of trips. :)

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Angela,

It's so great that you and your husband enjoy your gardens together. And going on those 'get a ways' must be a ton of fun! You've picked up some beautiful pots!

Your gardens are already filling in nicely. I can't imagine already having gardens with so much color. Many things here are 'popping' right now, but it wouldn't be that interesting to look at. But I will get out and get some pics anyhow, just to have for comparison as the season progresses. It's going to be an interesting season this year because I planted so many new things last year and am still adding this spring. I just hope I don't get that 'jungle' look. LOL Even if that happens I can always move things around, right???

But it's great fun to see all the new additions popping up here and there and wonder how it will turn out and what it's going to look like.

Your beds will be changing a lot too. Isn't it fun to watch! I enjoyed your pictures a lot and look forward to many more! I loved your little lantern and the trellises. Also love the stone edging. I see you have several beds in your yard. Will be fun to see them change.

I'm still learning as I go and have a long way to go, so keep those pics coming....... ;o)
Sherry

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Awww thank you Sherrygirl for your kind words. I have had so much fun working
together with my husband and us creating our gardens that is a part of both of
us. He has his ideas that are so wonderful and not so wonderful as I have mine
and this just enables us to compliment each other and our projects.

It is so great to sit and talk and plan each and every project and then do it together
and watch the final outcome. And then we step back and say in amazement .....
"Wow look what we did"!!!! (since neither of us are gardeners) (LOL) It has
been very good for us and after 28 years of marriage this is another chapter in
our lives together.

I wish everyone else has as much fun and are as blessed as I am. Thank you
again for your kind words and encouragement.

Angela

P.S. the lanterns are solar lights. I have about 10 of them thru-out my garden area.
It is great to have them light the path as we walk to our bench at night

This message was edited Mar 29, 2006 10:31 PM

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Okay, thought I better start getting some photos posted to start the new season with. Hope you enjoy, even though there's not much color yet. But time will change all of that! ;o) These are not the greatest shots, but all I have for now. And they will do okay for comparing as the season progresses. And hopefully they will get better with time. You all need to start posting yours too. ;o) This first photo was taken on 04-11-2006 and is part of my backyard bed. I have added a TON of things last fall, so it will be a surprise to me also as to what comes up and how it will look. Hopefully I don't get the 'jungle' look, because that's not the look I was going for! hehehe Okay, here we go....
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another part of the same backyard bed taken on 04-16-2006.

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

One more of the same bed, different angle. 04-11-2006
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Now for one of the frontyard beds. 04-11-2006
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another of the frontyard bed. 04-16-2006
There are many perennials in this bed along with lots of annuals.and some knockout roses. It will look much better later....I hope! ;o)
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another angle of same front bed. 04-11-2006 I know, I need to get my bark in the beds, but so much to do and so little time. So please try to ignore the 'ucky' parts of the photos. I promise they will get better. ;o)) hehehe And yes....my house IS pink! hahahaha You can't imagine the grief I get over this color.........hahahahahaha
I have quite a few more different beds, but will stop for now. Hope you all post some of yours too. I for one, would love to see them!!!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi All,
Well, I don't see anyone adding any photos yet showing the progress of the flower gardens, so thought I'd try to keep it going. Here are a couple of pics from the same backyard bed, only there is some color finally coming alive in theJapanese Maple and the Lilac bushes.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And here are the Lilac bushes. Can you smell them??? LOL
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And one more of the Japanese Maple in all it's red glory!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Sherry, as always, I'm stunned by the architectural features of your flowerbeds. You're combining such intriguing shapes in your garden. I love these pictures!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Zuzu,
You're so sweet! Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I don't know what the heck I'm doing! But I can always move things, I guess. I want lots of color, but am not always sure how to get the effect I want. But it's fun.

Do you have any photos to add to our thread? I would love to see some more of your photos. I hope the others post theirs too. I just love seeing the progression of the gardens. I have many new things in the gardens this year that I haven't grown before. Many lilies and daylilies. It is fun to watch everything poke through the ground. Hope they all bloom for me so I can see what they eally look like.

I may have too many things all jumbled up, but it's all part of the learning process...... Hopefully it will turn out okay. Thanks for looking. ;o)
Sherry

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Sherry, things are still just starting to wake up here, because we've only had a few days of sun after months and months of incessant rain, but here are a few that aren't too unsightly. This rain made the weeds grow sky-high while simultaneously precluding a trip outside to pull the weeds. Here's one of my Lady Banks roses starting to bloom. It's supported by four arbors. All of the nice red foliage on the bush in front of the Lady Banks is the new growth on Queen Elizabeth.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

The pond irises are starting to bloom. That's always a promising sign of good weather to come.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a work-in-progress photo. I removed a million cannas and Siberian irises from this bed and replaced them with 53 roses and a variety of other things. It should be interesting in a few months.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

This is just for fun. This big fat grapevine is my cats' favorite toy. They all balance on the horizontal part and knock each other down into the bleeding hearts.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Kell, who takes much better pictures than I do, came over yesterday and posted some photos of my garden in the rose forum. Here's a link if you're interested. Later on, I'll post more to show you how the entire place turns into a jungle by July or August.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/595018/

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

I took a couple tonight - this is in the front of the house, under the pine trees.

Thumbnail by sstateham
Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

This is from the other day - same bed, but the other end.

Thumbnail by sstateham
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Loving the garden pics! It's so good to see entire groupings in pics. Here's some of my spring bliss.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Zuzu,
Absolutely beautiful place you have there. Very lush and mature plantings. Can't wait to see your 'work in progress' area later in the season. 53 roses! Wow!

Funny how your cats use the area as their playground. Our furry friends can be so silly.

Will keep watching for more photos. I love seeing them all.
Sherry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.