Flowerbed photos

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

I have a request for anyone interested in responding. ;o) I was hoping to have a thread of photos of flowerbeds as the season begins and continues through the summer months. I would love to see everyones gardens to view and get ideas for my own gardens. So if anyone is interested, post away.... I'm talking about the 'whole garden' shots, not so much the' individual flower' shots. Thanks to all who 'play'. ;o)
Sherry

Eureka, CA

I just got done weeding a driveway bed.... first time I've been able to be outside and do anything, weatherwise!! I did some soil amendment, weeding, and a bit of transplanting..... but too dark for a photo right now. I will try to follow up!! Good idea, Sherry.

Sanna

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Sanna,
Great! I know what you mean about the weatherwise thing. I'll post a couple pics from last summer just to add a little color to the thread to start. ;o) Hope you don't mind.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

One more
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Eureka, CA

Yeah, I'm sure Washington has been at least as bad as us here.... I'm on the northern California coast, and I swear, it has been raining non-stop for at least 4 months.... okay, so I'm exaggerating just a bit!! Yesterday and today we had sunshine!!!! But we had some cold winds to go with it.... but at least I could be outside. It was wonderful! And your photo is very nice.... we could keep this thread going ~ like I said, it's a good idea!

Sanna

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sherrygirl, there is no way in this lifetime, that I would compete with those pics. I will sit and enjoy the photos that get posted.

Eureka, CA

I cant' tell what those are right in front!! Peonies?? Dahlias?? Zinnias?? Very nice....

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

defoecat - I know what you mean! Even the street behind her flower bed looks good!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thanks you guys!
What nice compliments!

Sanna,
The weather here is finally starting to get nice. We had a very nice weekend. But just before that it was quite cold and the wind made it feel even worse than it was. But I think it's changing fast now. ;o)

defoecat,
Thanks for the nice compliment. But feel free to post any pics you want. My gardens aren't much compared to most I've seen here either, but that didn't stop me did it! I added a lot of things to my gardens last fall and hope I haven't turned it into a 'jungle' by the time July or August get here. We'll have to wait and see. ;o)

McGlory,
LOL Thanks, but believe you, me, there are weeds enough for everyone here at my place!

I hope this thread continues because I love looking at the pictures and think it will be interesting to see our gardens progress over the summer!

There's not much here to post yet , but soon things will be changing. Maybe I will post some more pictures of earlier years if anyone is interested to take a look?

Sherrygirl

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

My garden's so crowded that I usually have to take closeups unless I want to take the risk of squashing something in bloom, but here are some long shots.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's another:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

This used to be my driveway.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a little bed under the wisteria.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

And another long shot:

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Zuzu,
Impressive!!!!

See what I mean guys. Puts mine to shame. LOL

Are the pink and yellow flowers in the first picture peruvian lilies? Thanks for reminding me I am going to be putting some of those in my garden in the near future! My daughter had a bouquet of them sent to me and I fell in love with them!

Thanks for posting your photos. They are beautiful!

Here's a couple more for you.......
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And a tree I love.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, Sherry, those are Peruvian Lilies.

Your garden is just lovely. It's so much more orderly than mine. Is the tree a horse chestnut?

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Wow - what lovely shots! I'm jealous of everyone in a zone higher than 5! Everything is still very brown here, but with little green buddies poking up if you look under the leaf litter. It's still to early here to clear off the winter mulch so I have to get on my knees to see green.

Sherry - check out the garden tours forum. You can use the Diary feature in journals to keep track of progress, and the tabs sort by date so it's really easy to see how things change over time.

Thumbnail by sstateham
Presque Isle, WI(Zone 3b)

I must say that you ladies take much more "risk" with color than I ever would. Sherry, the structure in your long shot over the pool using the conifers and the weeping thingy is excellent. Stacy, keep the lilies, what a backdrop, what else could give you that effect! Ken

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

kandlmidd,
Thank you! ;o) And here is a shot of that same area 3 years ago when it was first planted. Quite a change, huh? I'm amazed at how fast everything grew!

Gotta get to work. Will check back in later.

Keep posting those pics!!
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Chesapeake Beach, MD

Sherry is that a red buckeye?

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

All the flowerbeds are wonderful. Here are a few of mine. I am really new to
gardening so my beds aren't as filled out yet as everyone elses, but can't
wait till mine are like yours.

Angela

Thumbnail by TexasBlueBonnet
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Sherry,
I will be the first to jump in with photos from the beginning of the season. The following are from today the first day of spring.

On the right hand side in front of the wall are 80 plastic jugs containing my winter sowing.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2006 10:36 AM

Thumbnail by zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Whoops one came in while I was writing.

My rose garden

This message was edited Mar 20, 2006 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by zenpotter
Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Same bed different view

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh what a neat thread!! I will post some tonight - am off to work right now. Showing pics of our garden beds as they grow and fill over the season is such a good idea! I'm watching this thread for sure!!

Jamie

ps....Hi there Zuzu!! Nice pics, can't wait to see those places in person!! :-)

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Another bed

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

My front hill.

Not much color yet. Not to remember to post again in a month or two

This message was edited Mar 20, 2006 10:41 AM

Thumbnail by zenpotter
Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Another

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Texas ~~

I love your beds, especially the purple/blue one in the last post....my favorite colors, and what good variety you have planted! They will fill in so nicely!! Make sure and keep us posted as they grow in!

Very pretty!

Jamie

Zen, I believe I see a clean sidewalk and access to the abode. Lucky you. Ken

Sour Lake, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Jamie and I will. Those were taken last month and the beginning
of this month and I already see a huge difference. I will get out in a few days
and take more.

Angela

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Ken, Your garden probably looks much like mine. Yes we do have clear paths.

Sherry, I really like this idea- it will be fun to see the gardens progressing. That photo from 3 years ago really shows a huge change. Looks like the pool was added as well. Do you have any photos of this year to add yet?

Pauline

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Hi Guys,

Sanna...the flowers you asked about in the front of that bed are zinnias. I love zinnias and the color they provide!

Zuzu....yes, the tree is a horse chestnut. ;o)

sstateham...thank you for the tip on keeping the diary. I'll check it out when I get the time. ;o) Lovely shot of your garden too!

kandlmidd...thank you!

TexasBlueBonnet...For being a new gardener, your beds look lovely! I especially like the first 2 shots under the tree with the hosta and stones. It is only going to get better and better as it matures! Some great choices of plants in that bed. Nice job.

Oh crud, gotta get to work. Will write more later. Have a great day everyone!
Sherry

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Pauline,
Wow! I think you're going to have the most dramatic changes with all that snow! Brrrrrr. My husband is from Minnesota. He lived there until about age 18. It will be fun to see the changes in your garden. I don't really have much to post for pictures as of yet. Quite a few things popping through the ground, but everything looks pretty drab yet. I should maybe take some pics anyway to start the changes from now with almost nothing to all the changes that take place. ;o)

The pool was already there in the pic from 3 years ago. The photo was just taken at a little different angle. See photo...

Since I don't have any pics to post yet, I think I will post some of summers past.

Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

How about a couple of shrub, tree and petunia mixed beds from previous years?
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Another.........
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

How about a Maple tree? This was taken on 11/11/04.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Sherry, the photos are gorgeous, I especially like the second one. The colors are spectacular. I will put that in my keepers file for a future garden.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make a file of photos you really like?

Pauline

Sherry, do you still use so many annuals and in such large drifts? It is certainly dramatic. I'm not so sure it would look well here because I live within a forest; however it really works for you. Nice job. Ken

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.