Seed Snatchin' XVI Sifted, Sorted & Stacked!

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Susan, you have mail!! Thank you for ordering a tee, it makes the work worth the effort!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Susan, this is a pretty chatty thread, but the problem I see with going that far off topic is that you won't get as much input as if you posted, say, in the vines & climbers forum.... and also, any creative suggestions from folks here will end up buried in this thread rather than being where they can be more easily found again. I'm not trying to be snippity in the least, but I spent an hour yesterday searching for something I knew I'd just read that I couldn't find because it was so completely O/T.... I want your new rose arbor ideas to get the attention they deserve!

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Now all you SEED SAVING DIVAS, if you have seeds you don't know what to do with PLEASE remember me, I try to suply our Seniour Center with all the flowers seeds for the garden each spring, they appreciate them so much, and they don't mind what kind they are as long as they bloom this year, as you know when we get this old we can't wait two or three years to see the bloom, I will be gald to send stamps for postage. Thanks

Doris

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Doris I am sure you can count on several gals on the bus for those.
Since your DG name is what it is ;
All togeather now
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WEEZE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WEEZE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WEEZIGREENS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Big hug and many thanks for all you do here at DG and for being here for all of us.
Sidney

Burlington, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday Weez!!!

Swoz

Rotterdam, NY(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Weezingreens!!!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEZIN!!!

Susan

To the rose forum I gooooooooooo............................. :)

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday to you Weezin!!

Well, I do hope the birthday girl is okay. She hasn't posted here since the 23rd.
Did yall see Kareoke's request for seeds. Zinnias Susan?,
Sidney

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

Just passing through and had to wish Weezin' the happiest of all days.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Sorry for the delay, you guys! I had a little trouble getting from page to page in the garden today, for some reason. I've been lurking lately, thinking it's time I started a new thread. This one is getting pretty long. I'll probably come up with something tomorrow.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a great day, and after a good long soakie bath, I'm ready to settle in to a DVD and some popcorn!

Doris, email me, and I'll be happy to send your Seniors some seeds. I'm sure I've got some seeds that will take a hot summer!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Weeze ~ I, too, have gotten behind on my DG "gardening", but lurk on this great thread when I can. Want to wish you a very happy belated BD!! Judy

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Judy!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

WZ, did you hear an echo of the Happy Birthday song?? That was me!! Hope you had a special day!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Had a great day. DH took me to Chinese lunch and bought me flowers. We had popcorn for supper and a cream puff for dessert while watching a couple movies. I'm a cheap date!

Mesilla Park, NM

Just a lurker here, wanted to say :

Happy Birthday Weez..

A.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Weez, that's where I went on my day too! My husband doesn't care for it so it was def for ME! :)

Hey - what does anyone think about my starting lettuce NOW in my coldframe? It should work shouldn't it?

Nicole

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Nicole, I planted lettuce last weekend. Not in a cold frame, either. I forget where I read it, but I read that you can just wintersow directly in the garden as soon as you can work the soil. It will germinate when it's the right time. We'll see!

Kylee

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ohhhh what nice soil you have Kylee :)

Susan

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Susan. We had a couple loads brought in last fall, for amending. We have horrid clay here, although the worst of it is up around the house. When they dug the basement, we think they dumped it all right around the house. (We didn't build this house.) Out where our veggie garden is, it's pretty decent to start with. This area used to be very wooded. The property had to have many trees removed in order for the house to be built. They took out more than we would have, though.

We ordered top soil to be brought in, but it came from a river bank and was really high in sand. That's okay, though, because combined with the clay, it ended up being really nice.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good for you.. I'm about to start the rounds of hauling poo and soil!! Lots of fun and great amusement for the neighbors to see me knee deep in poo and shoveling.. But then I've got the great flowers and veggies! :)

Susan

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Very Happy, Very Belated Birthday Weezin!
Sorry to be so late - I'm too busy during the week to get on DG much. Just catching up now , (Friday PM). Sounds like you had a good one - Chinese meal, then popcorn and cream puffs - yummy! (Now that gives me an idea for my birthday which is coming soon....)
Maggi xxxx

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Maggi! I, too, get busy and miss a few things here on DG! I hope I don't miss wishing you a happy birthday when it arrives!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorgina, I feel soo international... you in Spain eating Chinese, and me reading about it in GA!! :)

Suasn

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Weezingreens- Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you snatch a bunch of your fave seeds this year!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Ivy. I'm sure I will, but I've got a whole winter and summer to wait for it!

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Happy Belated Birthday Weezin! Happy Birthday to you... and many more!! Sorry this is late, but I am just getting caught up. I too have been forced off of Dave's during the week, thanks to a 2nd job, 3 nights a week. Only 6 more nights to work and my contract will be over, YAY!! Hope your day was great!! ~ Suzi :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Thanks, Briar! Six more days and you can spend a couple days catching up with all the new posts and all those new forums in the Home section!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Susan isn't it WILD when you think about it where all of us are? And we are here chatting like we're having tea together!!

It's SNOWING here today by the way... Grrr

Nicole

Schew I got out of NC just in time to avoid the white stuff. Stay warm Nicole.
Sidney

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks! As usual it didn't stay long! It's now sunny and dry outside. Go figure!! I will be going for a walk at lunch! :)

Nicole

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, this is a snow day for sure in Seward. The sky is full of snow and big flakes are falling as I type. I guess we're catching up after all that warm weather around Christmas time.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Gee, I feel guilty for thinking it's cold here today.. Yes, Nicole, it's crazy how the internet can bring us all together to chat about anything! :)

Susan

No, snow here either. Beautiful today. I was going to put on my new shirt and take a picture but I dont know how to use the timer on the camera and I dont have arms long enough to do it alone.

NC, what does the forecast have in store for you in Ft Mill over Presidents Day weekend???? I am going to be in your neck of the woods and would like to know what I should pack.

Casey

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Happy Days! I am only scheduled one day next week, which means that I have 2 more nights left!! gtg to bed, night. Suzi :)

oiartzun-near san se, Spain(Zone 8a)

Yes , I love the fact that we can come together and chat and share on DG, despite living so far apart - it's a small miracle. At this moment, I'm drinking a cup of tea as I listen and talk, and I bet many of you have a cup of tea or coffee going too, so I guess we are having tea together, Nicole!
Maggi xxxx

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Casey who knows what the weather will be by then...

The weather this year has been CRAZY!!!! It had been so warm for so long up until this week I had a hard time believe it would get cold again. This morning it was 23 degrees!!

Remind me when it gets closer to the date and I will pay close attention and let you know! :)

Nicole

Casey, exactly what date's will you be in SC? I'll be in Charlotte Feb 20-23, and I am taking jeans big enough to wear sweat pants under, some of those new snuggy socks they came out with this year, and anything fleece. Especially those knitted fleece sweaters.
Also I would love to meet you. Maybe Nicole, you and I could have lunch.
Sidney

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Sounds comfy Sidney!! Only scheduled for 1 more night. My back muscles were giving out this afternoon at work so I called in sick. Lo and behold they had left a msg on my phone at home not to come in, they were cutting back hours.

YAY! Thank goodness my back muscles quit bothering me... Well, unless I bend over or turn quickly that is.

Too bad they didn't call at my real job, I would have felt better all afternoon, even if my back was hurting!!

I like lemonade personally, thanks for enjoying it with me.

You ladies have fun when you meet in person!! ~ Suzi :)

Sugarweed I will be flying into Charlotte on the morning of the 17th and flying out the evening of the 20th. Are you flying or driving? Meeting you would be awesome. I am mostly going to be working outside so I figured that I would be good with just work clothes. I am not one for impressing anyone so work clothes will have to do for any stores I might need to visit while there and since my son is coming with me Ronald is use to seeing me at my worst.

I am taking my boots, thick socks, and sweat shirts. I dont have any baggy jeans. I am gaining weight so fast lately I am beginning to think I may need to go in for a check up. I have a few pairs of silk thermals so those should be okay I hope. I am planning on leaving the clothes I am taking there so I wasn't sure if I should take some lighter clothes this trip or save those for the next trip.

Lemonade is good, but I cant wait to get my taste buds on some normal sweet tea. People here think your insane if you put sugar in your tea.

Suzi, how far away are you from Waynesboro, PA. I have a close friend there and I am planning on visiting her this summer some time. Maybe we could meet then.

Casey

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.