July Sky, Wet or Dry? #3 Daily Weather

Arroyo Grande, CA

Harrison Ford was Bob Falfa.

Thanks, I got it done, now my three brothers and I are going to do a final run-through this afternoon as the family begins to assemble. After I finished, I looked one of the portable hard drives my brother had put some more archival stuff on and found some wonderful black and whites of my mother when she was young and her early married years. So I had to add some of those. Between the brothers we have digitized almost 3 terabytes of stuff and hope to put it together in some way in the future to make it available to the whole family, though we are still assembling stuff. We have almost a hundred years of material. Both families came from England in the 1600s and moved to California in the 1850s and 60s.

It started out clear yesterday and then fog rolled in, it is very heavy fog this morning.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Well done, Chuck, I'm sure your family will love it. Nothing like old photos to really bring back the memories. I did a video montage for my Mom & Dads 50th a few years back and I should have thought to put Kleenex boxes on every table. But, I had the best job, like you, of sorting through them all and boy was it hard to narrow it down. You have tons more than I did. I think I was mesmerized through half the project. So sorry on your mother's passing.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Thanks. It is hard to know when to start and stop. Right now the last picture is from '95 with the then latest greatgrandchild. I am hoping for a couple more as there are some holes. It runs about 11 minutes, going to use my video projector, so I hope I can find a dark enough spot. I suppose a big screen TV will work in a pinch.

Still foggy, but quite pleasant here.

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Chuck, because of logistics of getting a large screen, etc. to a remote location (Harris Ranch), I used the largest big-screen TV we could get from the premises. It worked fine and it was a pretty large banquet room. Since it was an evening affair, we just dimmed the lights a bit and everyone could see fine. Whatever you work out, I know they will appreciate it.

93 °F / 34 °C (headed for 104)
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h Variable
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

yada yada yada (no changes here. :-((

8-) Janet

Arroyo Grande, CA

quite cool here today and a little windy.

Gotta be ready for any eventuality, take all the appropriate patch cords. USB, FireWire, GE, mini-jack, cable. Then, no matter what, you will be prepared. I had planned on using a portable screen, laptop, projector and external hard-drive. I will need a USB to GE or hopefully RGB, which is why I much prefer the projector, better images. But since the oldest ones are scanned prints, though black & white, it probably doesn't matter. But then, since they are very old, you can get away with it.

Starkville, MS

So - July is over now! I just emptied the rain gauge and we ended up with 6 inches for the month. I have a large one that holds 7 inches, and I just empty it on the 1st of each month. Mostly that works, but occasionally, I have to measure some out inbetween to keep it from overflowing. Most of July's rain, almost 5 inches, came early in the month following the storms. Then hot and humid until a few days ago. We had a couple of days of light showers and now, cooler and a lot better for being outside.

Now let us see what August has in store for us. Currently 9:00, 81.3 and clear.
Lets go pull some weeds!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Here's the August thread:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/534221/

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Here's August http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/534221/
sidney

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

LOL, we posted the new link at the same time!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.