July Sky, Wet or Dry? #3 Daily Weather

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Pismo Beech used to be a good place to go clamming. We could drive our cars onto the hard packed sand. North of there there were many small "private" beeches to hang out in and camp. The fog that comes boiling over the hills and through the passes can look very intimidating if one uses their imagination.

Arroyo Grande, CA

I believe it is the only place left in CA where you can drive on the beach. Grandkids love it. First place they want to go when they get here.

Clear today, early, going to be warm, probably hit 75. First clear morning in ten days.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Sounds like one of those "perfect" days I remember so well. There is nothing boring about a day like that, Chuck.

Arroyo Grande, CA

I was only teasing. I love it here, love the weather. It makes it possible to grow almost anything.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This morning in Houston: Temperature 84 °F (29 °C); Dew Point 77 °F (25 °C); Humidity 79%; Pressure 30.10 in (1019.4 mb); Wind Speed Calm; Heat Index 94 °F (34 °C)

It's going to be in the mid 90's with a 50% chance of rain. It was raining when I woke up, but it had stopped by 8:45 when I took my dd to speech therapy. It's mostly cloudy and muggy now. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow morning.. We have a pool party to go to at 10 and my dd is SO excited! I hid her swimsuit or she would be wearing it today. LOL I told her yesterday that she had to go to sleep twice before it was time to go swimming. That was almost the first time she asked to go to bed! She's 4 and is pretty much allergic to bedtime.

~ Marylyn

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

86°, 75%, DP 77, Heat index 97° No rain in sight! I would even be grateful for a few clouds to briefly hide the sun.
Pati

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I knew you had to be teasing b/c I've never met anyone that didn't love that area. Good people and uncrowded! :-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It is very humid - not quite Floridian, but hot enough to have a heat index. This morning, it was cooler in the house than it was outside.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on July 21, 2005
Observed at Van Nuys, California (History)
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
98 °F / 37 °C
Partly Cloudy
Heat Index: 102 °F / 39 °C
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h Variable

Of all the insane things a person could be doing, DH is painting the awnings on the west side of the house.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2005 1:21 PM

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Enjoy, Kelli, enjoy! Lol.

I think I'll just think about that Morro Bay fog.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Me too, Kelli. I miss that place!

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Too humid for my bones, I hurt all over, must be the dew point, lol!!!
overcast all day, think I'll put on some socks, lol again, I'm a wimp,
Annie

Hello? I guess nobody wants to REALLY know how hot it is! Whew!!
Pati

southwestern, IA(Zone 5a)

Current temp 98°F
Humidity: 49 % (this is great it has been worse)
Wind Speed: S 18 MPH
Barometer: 30.00" (1014.6 mb)
Dewpoint: 76°F (24°C)
Heat Index: 112°F (44°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi

I heard a report on local weather station that last year we had a total of 13 days over 90° this year we already had 11 in June alone! I don't want to know the July totals.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 102, lo 77, dp 68, pc, e5.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

It was HOT here today but I should NOT complain as it was much hotter elsewhere!

It's now down to 77º @ 6:30pm and bearable. Folks around here do NOT have AC!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Currently 25°C............. 77°F

WIND SE 30 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 47%
DEWPOINT 13°C
PRESSURE 101.79 kPa dropping

Know the feeling Darius........we were in the high 90's low 100's for about three weeks here and very, very few have AC (we don't). With the high humidity the nights didn't cool off at all.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Hi 89, cloudy, dark, lots of thunder, power dropped out then back on, no rain yet, 90% chance.

Are we being punished somehow by all the HOT weather? Okay, WHO DIDN'T DO THEIR DAILY CHORES???

Of course you are right Darius...it does get tiring but I will take this heat any day because once this is over winter will creep up fast!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It was in the 90's this afternoon, but this afternoon the clouds rolled back in and cooled us off a bit. For a while it was raining cats, sheep, monkeys, bison, tigers, and pandas (but NO dogs!) There is some flooding in the usual places in town. The storms are heading northwest and seem to be done here for the night. I really need to get outside and work in the garden - it's in the front yard and is a mess! But it always seems at just the wrong time. Hopefully I'll find a dry window this weekend.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I could hear nd see what you received, but just the cool here. 75 now, still grumbling.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Great day here in Pa. 93 degrees, DP 67. That is a lot drier than it has been. Excellent working outside day with a good sweat band. Thunder rolling in a cool ridge which is supposed to sweep the latest Tropical storm out to sea.

Hope the storm brings some rain.

93°, 52%, DP 73, Heat index 102°. I already have to go water the containers AGAIN!!!
Pati

Yeah, I guess I should water my containers again too. Just hate to do it when the sun's out.

According to the newspaper, it got up to 109F yesterday.

Last Update on Jul 23, 11:52 am CDT
97°F
(36°C) Humidity: 39 %
Wind Speed: S 16 MPH
Barometer: 29.97" (1013.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 68°F (20°C)
Heat Index: 102°F (39°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi

This Afternoon: Sunny and hot, with a high near 102. Heat index values as high as 107. Breezy, with a south wind between 20 and 22 mph.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

93, partly cloudy. Not bad so far. Thunder early.

Not as bad as yesterday.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 23, 2005
Observed at Van Nuys, California (History)
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
95 °F / 35 °C
Scattered Clouds
Heat Index: 99 °F / 37 °C
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 67 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h from the SE

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi 99, lo 76, dp 67, pc, se11.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

It's 82º, and cloudy as a storm retreats to the southeast according to WU. I love being able to track storms in my own neighborhood.
We got a sprinkle today, but one inch last night.
sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Thunderstorm brought no rain overnight.
Today is a blue and gold day. Temps 84, DP 47, breezy. Great vacation weather. Stuff is getting dry.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Clear last night and today. Much warmer as a result. Bring back the fog.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

High today 28°C...............82.4F

WIND W 30 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 28%
DEWPOINT 8°C
PRESSURE 100.95 kPa

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Temperature now in Roseburg, OR (about 15 miles south): 86
Dew Point 54
Humidity: 33%
Fair, Winds at NNE 10

Tonight: 55, Winds N 10-15
Sunday: 83, Winds N 10-15

Finally, a day with reasonable temperatures and low humidity. However, we've had enough wind that plants still have to be watered frequently.

Dotti

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

It is still 86.

Arroyo Grande, CA

fog is lurking about a half-mile away. Hurray!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

78 here. not bad.

Arroyo Grande, CA

Fog came in, hopefully it will stay in for a while, keep the temps down.

This has happened before, and the pictures of the sunsets are spectacular!!

Hazy Cloud of Saharan Dust Nearing U.S.

MIAMI (July 23) - An enormous, hazy cloud of dust from the Sahara Desert is blowing toward the southern United States, but meteorologists do not expect much effect beyond colorful sunsets.

The leading edge of the cloud - nearly the size of the continental United States - should move across Florida sometime from Monday through Wednesday.

"This is not going to be a tremendous event, but it will be kind of interesting," said Jim Lushine, a severe weather expert with the National Weather Service in Miami.

He said the dust could make sunrises and sunsets spectacular.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.